August 2014 Moms

~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

Re: ~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

• My husband is a terrible stroller driver. I think he's worse than my 7 yeast old, lol. He drunk drives the stroller into everything.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Only 10:15, not exactly middle of the night.... but 2 Tums, and a back ache in, I can already tell where this is going.  No sleep here for a while, might as well kick off Thursday night....

• Loading the player...
  • I was just about to do the same thing @Jennicillin‌! I'm in bed at the moment, trying to remember if I took my Zantac because I have THE WORST freaking heartburn.

And I'm kind of wishing I had picked up snack cakes or chocolate when I was at the store earlier...

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• How does that work? How can the indigestion be sooooo bad and have us wanting a rich snack at the same time?  It's a horrible horrible sensation!

• How does that work? How can the indigestion be sooooo bad and have us wanting a rich snack at the same time?  It's a horrible horrible sensation!

Tell me about it! Even worse, I went to the store to buy syrup for French toast and came home with hot dogs and chips. How does that make sense!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm up. Our pedi said that swaddling with arms in is a huge no no, so I'm trying it with arms out. Garrett keeps waking himself up. I understand and want him safe as possible, but I'm missing my good sleeper!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @flip_flops‌ I may do that. I get what she's saying, but he's swaddled in a blanket and his arms are able to get free if he wants, and it's not close to his face (he hates the swaddle me). He sleeps fine not swaddled during the day, but at night startles awake ever 20-30 minutes, and we play the insert paci game.

• Happy MOTN ! DS just finished nursing ... now hiccuping so I have her swaddled and am snuggling her, waiting for them to stop so I can put her back to sleep.

PSA: the NuRoo swaddle is amazing !

• My LO is moving around a lot but it hurts, she is just stretching way out and my belly doesn't handle it well anymore. Also my stretch marks hurt like a b*tch
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Nearly 4am... Jocelyn hasn't nursed in a while but had had a huge meal of cluster nursing colostrum for over an hour (off each boob by the end) previously. My mom's had her so I could get some sleep but as soon as she brought her to me, fussing & rooting, she's just been passed out on my boob with zero interest in waking up! Lol now I'm awake awaiting her to realise she's hungry before she gets hangry...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 4:20 am. It's been a rough night. I don't know how many times LO has been up now. I also have a plugged duct and I have pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I am ready for real sleep.

• I feel ya @belle785‌ . Been up for an hour nursing LO who then got the hiccups and now wont go to sleep. She barely slept after her last feeding. So exhausted and DH is no help.
  • MC03 said:

Baby hiccups suck! Why do they always start right before I lay the baby down???

Ugh I have the hiccups! I never get them! At least they're keeping me awake during this feeding.

• MC03 said:

Baby hiccups suck! Why do they always start right before I lay the baby down???

Ugh I have the hiccups! I never get them! At least they're keeping me awake during this feeding.

• I think my child has his days and nights confused. Up every hour to feed started at midnight. Then he sleeps longer stretches during the day when my toddler is awake. Boo.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My husband is snoring incredibly loud. It's so loud that I've turned the TV up twice as loud as normal!

Oh, and for some reason, I can't breathe tonight despite daily allergy meds.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I'm up! It's 2:30 here and I keep falling asleep while feeding. We're visiting my little brother about 3 hours from home. His Ac is a little messed up and H is hot. I told him to open a window since its in the 50s. Now he's whining about street noise potential in a few hours.

• 3:50 here... Jocelyn was swaddled and cosleeping when she woke up to a loud toot and sudden need to nurse! Excellent, just on time. Was I fast enough to pop my boob into her mouth (all of 10 seconds) before she lost her mind? Nope. After much angry rooting and eventual skin-to-skin tummy time to calm her down, she's passed right out lol. We've been laying here an hour now. I know she's gotta nurse but damnit all she's so peaceful and quiet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's 3:10am where I am and I'm up since my SO is 2 1/2 hours away at work until Sunday, our anniversary is on Monday (some day it doesn't count b/c we aren't married but I do) and when I went to the washroom I had a bit of spotting. Not to mention again that I am due on the 25th. I've seen threads saying Dr's say baby is less active closer to labour and the past 2 days baby does not beat me up quite as much as he (or she) used to. Coupled with lightening crotch, the bloody fluid and recent lack of severe movements I'm thinking I could be either early or on time.

Not sure what to think as I am a FTM to boot. My mom is asleep on the couch so I'm awake from that too (at her house currently and her couch is more comfortable than a bunk bed) so I can't ask her if I should be concerned or excited. Was also going to text my man but I didn't want to risk waking him. He has been pulling double or overtime shifts lately so when our LO comes he can take two weeks vacation without messing with my eventual use of parental leave after my mat leave.

Extremely tired and my right hip/pelvis where it joins just ACHES. Can anyone tell me if you get more random/constant aches and pains closer to labour OTHER than contractions?
  • It's 1am here and LO just sucked down 5oz. Let's hope this means he will let me sleep for a strech now!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Success! After letting LO snooze on my chest for a bit I decided to bring her downstairs to try another nursing session. So far she's better on my right breast than left - I was determined to get her to figure it out. After letting some of her frustrations out she latched ok and went at it. It's nearly 5:30 now and we're back in bed. Hopefully some rest will follow for me as well :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 6am, last feeding before "daytime", hopefully she will sleep after this. I could use one more sleep stretch.
  • Don't think I'll get any sleep tonight, contractions are about 6 minutes apart now, hoping they keep up and I get to avoid an induction tomorrow! Weird that I am welcoming the pain?
  • I'm so tired. DD has been nursing 24/7 with barely any breaks for ... I can't even remember how long. I didn't sleep last night, and it doesn't look like I'll be sleeping tonight, either. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Growth spurt I think here. He has nursed almost all day and we are at every 2 hours tonight. Sounds like some of you may be having a growth spurt too. I guess this is what I get since he slept halfway decent last night.

• klauke_t13klauke_t13 member
    edited August 2014
    2nd night home and Aiden will not sleep without being held. Plus he would be on my breast 24/7 if he could. So happy for a healthy little guy, but momma needs more than 3 hrs of sleep in a 24 hr period!
  • Charlotte has been up since 2.. it's 3:40 here. She's nursed for a while, diaper change, and will not go back to sleep in her RnP. so. Tired.

• @MrsDuarte8185‌ -- expose them to air when not nursing. Also, is your LO latching properly? DD was not but once I switched the hold and worked on her latch, my nipples stopped cracking and bleeding and started healing.

• It's 2:45. On the third feeding since 10pm. I'm so tired.
    Someone send backup...
  • Nursing about 40 minutes every 1.5 hours for second night in a row. So this is why people switch to formula in the middle of the night...
  • Up pumping. Lordy, not my preferred thing to do at 6am. I remember the days where we'd get home at 6am after a dubacherous night out. Le sigh. At least LO eats and then goes to sleep. Still working on getting him on the boob so we can cut down on pumping. I feel like so much of my time is wasted sitting here. I figured that I spend 30 mins pumping and cleaning parts each session. Multiply that by an average of 6 sessions and you get 3 hours of life that I am not spending with LO nor sleeping. Hoping and praying we get our BFing issues worked out soon.
    x

• MC03MC03 member
    I'm up. DD2 will not fall back asleep after nursing tonight. I keep rocking the RNP and praying her eyes start to close but nope. She's all bright eyed and bushy tailed. And I have the theme song from Sophia the first stuck in my head... Weird thing because DD2 hasn't watched it in days.

imageimage
  • @MC03‌ does your DD2 respond well to music/noises? I got this app called Sound Sleeper and I play the womb sound for DS as I rock him and he passes right out. During the day if he gets fussy I take him outside and walk to the mailbox and he calms down in the change of scenery/sounds.
    x

• MC03MC03 member

@MC03‌ does your DD2 respond well to music/noises? I got this app called Sound Sleeper and I play the womb sound for DS as I rock him and he passes right out. During the day if he gets fussy I take him outside and walk to the mailbox and he calms down in the change of scenery/sounds.

White noise helps some. I'll have to check that app out. Thanks.

imageimage
  • Why does my child only want to party at night? I try and wake him up every 3 hours during the day to feed. Yet at night we are up every hour. Mama needs just a lil sleep.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"