North Carolina Babies

exersaucer and rainforest jumperoo

Okay so Jack is going to be 3 months next friday, and has great head control and loves to stand up on us constantly but mommy can't get much done if i'm busy trying to hold him in the standing position...he does like to sit in his bumbo and does great in it. But what age did most of you put your DC in their exersaucer or jumperoo....i dont want to start too early but i also dont want to start too late when he coudl be enjoying it??  We have a very busy body on our hands so we like to let him be as busy as he wants but u can only do so much for him other then holding him upright or putting him in the bumbo.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: exersaucer and rainforest jumperoo

• We just got AT a jumperoo, we got the baby einstien one. He has great head control as well and is wanting to sit up constantly. He is still working on his torso control. He needs support in that area and the jumperoo helps him do just that.

The rainforest one I did see at BRU, I am not sure if there is an off option or not but evertime the thing moved a song would play and I couldnt handle that so I went with the BE instead.

I think they are a great investment and will get lots of use. My cousins 1yr old used it on C-mas day and had a blast in it too so it was nice to see that bigger babies can use it as well. I know AT will get many months of use out of it soon, I just wish we were home more during the week so he could use it more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the rainforest jumperoo and DS loves it!  He was always trying to stand and jump on us, so it only made sense to get him one.  I think he was closer to 6 months old, but I wish I had gotten it sooner.  He was also a preemie, so I think 4 months would be the perfect time to get one.  At first we had to put a book under him because his feet didn't touch the floor, but it didn't take long for him to grow into it. 

Oh, and it does have an off switch.  Just like any other thing, it has several different settings, and one of them is to play music when the baby jumps, so I'm sure that's what setting it was on in the store. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Camryn had one of the Bright Starts bouncers and the Rainforest Jumperoo at my parent's house.  We put her in them around 4 months, maybe just a little before. She was never much of a fan of the bumbo. She did like the exercauser/jumperoo.  My SIL's 10 month old has loved her jumperoo, it has been a life saver for them.  She will jump, take a nap and then jump some more!  It was kind of hit or miss with Cam, but I defiinitely don't regret getting one. We kept my mom's at her house and I sold mine, just b/c we don't have as much room to store.  Once they start crawling, pulling up they are sort of over it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I used to put Eli in his in the morning while I started and loaded the car.  It was so nice to have a way to confine him for a few minutes if I needed to.  We had to put it up to make room for the Christmas tree, and I don't think we'll be putting it back since he's pulling up and cruising now.  I'm just not sure he'd want to stay in one place anymore.  But I do miss it, because now I have nowhere to safely put him in the mornings :(

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Avery had great head control and loved standing and moving, so we got the rainforest jumperoo at about 2 1/2 mos and she loved it! We got an exersaucer at xmas from the grandparents and it's a little more stationary. They can jump a little, but nothing like the jumperoo. They pretty much just sit there and spin around looking at all the toys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got Ashley the Rainforest Jumperoo around 5 months or so, she loved it and we probably could have gotten it sooner.
  • We have an exersaucer & the Rainforest Jumperoo and both are LIFESAVERS! J really likes his exersaucer b/c he can play with all the toys. He is just now getting into the jumperoo (we put a pillow under his feet b/c his legs aren't long enough yet), but he really likes it too. He started in his exersaucer around 3 months (maybe before) b/c the kid LOVES to stand!?

I'm not sure how you feel about consignment items, but if you're OK with them I would recommend waiting a few weeks & looking at the Kids Exchange Consignment Sale (https://www.kidsexchange.net/) It's at the fairgrounds & the first day it's open to the public is Friday, Jan. 23. My mom got J's exersaucer there for $11 and it looks BRAND NEW! The toys are removable, so we cleaned them up w/ a disinfectant & washed the seat and it's good to go! Like any consignment sale, the earlier you go the better the selection. Just thought I'd suggest that as a less expensive option.

• We don't have a jumperoo, but Kira loved her Exersauser so much that I eventually got a 2nd one, one for downstairs and one for upstairs so I can shower!  She loved it up until she was mobile, though she still will play with some of the things form the outside.  We started right at 4 months when she started to want to stand all the time.  As a matter of fact, it was right when I was able to start Nesting again -- she was happy for rather long periods some days!  Have fun!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • thank you ladies for all your help. we got one at one of our showers so we will prolly break it out in a few weeks!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"