August 2012 Moms

Birthday presents?

I see post for Birthday themes and such, but I need ideas on what you ladies are getting for your LO's.

I have exactly 20 days!! OMG, my baby is growing up so fast! 

Re: Birthday presents?

• We got her the Kid Kraft Uptown kitchen, Melissa & Doug wooden pots and pans, a chefs hat and apron, various kitchen utensils, and the Melissa & Doug shopping cart and grocery basket. Family members got her plastic food for the kitchen, Little People stuff and fall clothes. We spent a lot on gifts but I found them all on sale, and we didn't do a party this year. I made a cake and it was just immediate family.
  • We took her to boston for a long weekend instead of a traditional gift. We visited Boston children's museum and the New England aquarium. She loved it!

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ccamccam member
    I just ordered DS the KidKraft Uptown Kitchen.  He loves the kitchen at daycare so I think he's going to be really excited when he sees this one at home!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• @ccam‌ the Uptown kitchen took my husband and me a little over four hours to assemble! We aren't the best at that kind of thing, though it wasn't difficult, just A LOT of parts. So maybe you will fare better. But it's a really nice quality and Kate loves it.
  • ccamccam member
    @Becc77 I read some reviews about it taking hours to put together, so I gave DH fair warning!  I'm excited to see his reaction to it though.  Thanks for the heads up! 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• We have the Kidkraft Uptown kitchen too. My son loves it but yes it took my husband, who is quite handy, 3 or 4 hours to put together!

We got DS a little tikes picnic table, a balance bike, and a wooden train set. It might sound like a lot, but I found them all on awesome deals.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• We got DD a few books and a couple outfits. My dad got her these blocks (like oversized legos) which have been a huge hit, and her great grandparents bought her a purse which she loves to carry around and stuff with toys/her comb/anything that will fit. 
  • We got Jax a LeapPad2 and a Minnie Mouse blanket that is crazy snuggly and super soft.

Other people are getting her clothes, books, Disney Movies, games for the leappad...simple things.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • I picked up a plastic kitchen at a yard sale a few weeks ago, so we'll clean that off as our gift. I've asked others for some play food and pots and pans. My folks are getting her a kid-sized table and chairs. Don't know what the other relatives will get her but I bet it's clothes. I've been thinking of wrapping up some new bath toys or something so she has a present to open from us.
  • On second thought, we'll get her an Ok to Wake alarm clock. I've seen 5am more times than I want to this week!
  • We got DD a V-tech train set, an extra car, and the Planes movie (the first one). Her grandparents got her a tricycle and a V-tech car track that connects to the set we got her. She loves it all so far!
  • shakinros said:
    On second thought, we'll get her an Ok to Wake alarm clock. I've seen 5am more times than I want to this week!
    I was just looking at these, do you know anyone that has one? It seems neat. @shakinros
  • DS is getting a Plasma Car from us.

We told other people to get him Hot Wheels cars, fire truck with lights & sirens, toddler-size basketball goal, DVDs, and clothes.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @stlmomma27‌ I don't know anyone who has one. (Then again, I know very few people with small kids!) I ordered it this morning so ill report back after we start using it!
  • We took a family vacation to Gettysburg, Hershey's chocolate world, then on to visit family in North Carolina. While there, we gave him his birthday party. Because of the money spent traveling, we plan to get a small gift on his actual birthday, I am thinking new bath toys. My dad got him power wheels, my mom got him winter boots and snow suit. Other toys he got from family members are a basket ball hoop, baseball bat, cars, and pajamas. 

Anniversary
  • aleigh7383aleigh7383 member
    edited August 2014
    We just ordered this easel/desk combo. I love that the dry erase board side is magnetic, and that it has storage bins underneath.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D9OMXR2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1407960921&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40
  • aleigh7383aleigh7383 member
    edited August 2014
    Edited previous comment to include link
  • We got DS a 4-wheeler Power Wheels that our neighbor was selling for $50 (this one, but it's orange and a few years old). We are also going to buy him a small set of train tracks this weekend with the birthday money he got from family.
    Other family/friends got him bulldozers, dump trucks, motorcycles, cars, planes, clothes, movie "Planes" (he has watched 3 times in the last 3 days!!), doodle boards, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"