December 2014 Moms
Options

something nice for new mom (post partum months)

Hi Ladies!

I need your help! My cousin is about to have a baby - due Aug 26th. She lives far away from me - British Columbia, BC - so I wasn't able to attend the baby shower and am just now going to order diapers for her online from Walmart...

I would also like to include something nice for her or something she might need but didn't think of (shes a FTM) in her first few months post partum. Can any of you STM's offer any advice on what to get? I literally thought of buying her a big pack of pads... but then realized that shes probably like me and would have done her research and known she needs those and already bought them...

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions! :)

Re: something nice for new mom (post partum months)

• Options
    I don't know if you're trying to buy it all from walmart.com, but I think a gift card would always be nice.  A restaurant gift card would be nice to be able to go get take out or order in, especially with a newborn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One gift I have included to moms at baby showers is a gift certificate for a pedicure! I'm not sure if you can get a gift card for pedicures long distance, but before being pregnant myself, I assumed that painting toes while pregnant (or with a newborn) would be rather difficult. It may be a nice treat for her to get out for an hour and relax a little. If not that, maybe a nice little at home spa kit--nice body wash, a candle, eye mask, etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Food!  Gift cards for take out or food delivery service so they don't have to worry about what's for dinner the first couple weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    How about a gift certificate to a cleaning/maid service in her area? That, or food delivery/restaurant gift cards. 
  • Options
    I received a really lovely gift of several meals from Omaha Steaks and it was the best present ever. All I had to do was turn on the oven and dinner was done. I was so tired and in such a daze the first two weeks, I pretty much didn't eat unless food appeared in front of me. Anything to help with meal preparation would probably be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Omaha Steaks are my go-to gift for my father at Christmas, Father's Day, or Birthday she nI can't figure out what else to get him.  They're great-- and way more than just steaks.
    YES!! The stuffed chicken meals are amazing. I really really hope I get the same gift again after this baby is born. If not I will definitely be buying for myself. 
  • Options
    So sorry for the late response ladies! Things got really hectic at work! Thanks so much for your suggestions! I love the ideas for take out or ready made meals :) Think I will try to go that route :)
  • Options
    I got a snack basket from someone that was a lifesaver during the first few weeks after coming home from the hospital.  You forget to feed yourself sometimes when you are trying to keep a baby alive ;) and having convenient, healthy snacks on hand really helps.

The ready made meals and/or takeout gift cards are also a great idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"