January 2015 Moms

•••Thursday Ticker Change•••

This is a check-in for those ladies whose tickers change on Thursdays. (EDDs Jan 1, 8, 15, 22, 29). It will be posted weekly!

Here is a link to TB fruit size chart: https://m.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Thursday! Congrats to the Jan 1 moms on making it to the halfway point!

Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling?

Appointments/Updates?

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently?

Rants/Raves:

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors?

dx:  Unexplained IF
 TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
C.J. born 01/09/15

Re: •••Thursday Ticker Change•••

• Week/Fruit: 20 weeks, yay!!! HALF WAY THERE! .. and banana.

How are you feeling? Physically fine. Things a bit rocky emotionally/hormonally but fine :)

Appointments/Updates? I have my first visit with my new midwife here next week, so nothing until then.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Yup, my best friend came to visit the other day (for 2 days) and we did a little baby shopping together :) I bought a few outfits, so did she.

Rants/Raves: Hormones are crap. I think I've had a super easy pregnancy so far, but I'm struggling to keep these hormones in check and never thought they would be so extreme for me. I know part of it is from my move and being overwhelmed- I miss my friends and family a lot and it's impacting me. But ugh. I keep waking up crying, and I'm snippy.. it sucks, it's not me.

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? Besides H- my best friend and mother. I don't know how many are allowed in the rooms here, that's something I need to ask next week.  If another would be, I'd love my sister there.  I'm super close with all of them and I know they'd be a great support and help.  I'm not the type to just want H there because it's our moment, I would love to have those super close to me there too.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Good luck at your a/s CMB :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 20w, banana

How are you feeling? Pretty good this week. A bit tired but that's work related.

Appointments/Updates? A/S was on Monday. Baby looked happy and healthy. And we held strong with Team Green.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Ordered the crib last night!

Rants/Raves:Last day of my summer work. Real work starts Monday when teachers report back.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). Just my husband and whatever medical staff. No visitors until after baby is born. Exactly when will depend on the time of day and how labor goes.

C.J. born 01/09/15

• edited August 2014
    Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

How are you feeling? Fine, can't complain. Still gagging here and there for no reason - like right now.. I'm sitting at my desk.. doing nothing.. gagging.

Appointments/Updates? Nothing imminent. Next Apt. is September 2. Anatomy Scan is September 4.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I finally bought the first thing besides diapers. Every time we go shopping, DD asks to get something for her baby brother or sister. This past week we were fall clothes shopping for her and stopped in Carters and they had a truly neutral section - I let DD pick a sleeper. She picked a yellow ducky one. She was excited :)

Rants/Raves: Nothing really. Wish I would stop gagging.

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? Just DH since I will probably go for a RCS. Even if I tried for a VBAC.. It would just be DH. I'll allow visitors after the birth. We will call my parents right away so they can bring DD and then after we will let the news float out. DD and my parents will be the first visitors.
    ETA: I kind of wish my OB's office did Anatomy scans at 18 weeks! Mine won't schedule until at least 20 weeks. Bummer! Good Luck today, CMB!
  • @LooneyLife Did you just make up a new question just for yourself ;)
    lol! I was reading that like.. whaaat? 
    What plans do you have for the summer? "just my husband" ... my mind took that to weird places.
    (I imagine you copied and pasted a past one)

Happy 20 weeks, Looney and yay for another team green!!!!
  • L

@LooneyLife Did you just make up a new question just for yourself ;)

LOL
    I keep the check in saved in a note on my phone. I copied it this morning and changed the question. But then just copied again to answer. Oops!

C.J. born 01/09/15

• Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

How are you feeling? I've been feeling some very mild cramping (assuming my baby is growing) and some fatigue this past week.

Appointments/Updates? Have an appointment this afternoon. Fingers crossed for an u/s!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Very tempted, but no.

Rants/Raves: Looking forward to my appointment this afternoon (and leaving work early)!   ;)

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? My DH will most likely be the only person in the delivery room with me when I deliver. I'm such a drama queen, so I don't need any judgment from anyone but him.
    :D  However, both our families are welcome pre & post delivery. I will allow visitors at the hospital, but only family and close friends - other than that, probably a week or so once we're home and settled.

• Week/Fruit: 20/Banana

How are you feeling? Still feeling good. No complaints here! 

Appointments/Updates? Just had my 20 week Midwife appointment yesterday. Baby's heartbeat was still nice and strong. My BP was borderline high when I first got there but by 1/2 way through the appointment it was back down to my normal range for pregnancy. A/S is on Monday and I can't wait to see my little guy again :)

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Nothing since last week. I feel like I need to get on that soon though. I think I might be buying a K'tan wrap and some Redskins baby goodies here soon. Not really a purchase for baby, but we'll be clearing out (currently the guest bedroom) and painting his room within the next 3 weeks!

Rants/Raves: I'm pretty sure DH gets to come to the A/S on Monday which we really didn't think was possible. Also found out he'll be in VA for an extra month beyond what we thought. Yay for more time as an almost normal family!

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? If I have my way it'll probably just be DH, maybe a doula, and myself. I don't know if I'll accept Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles as visitors right away, or if I'll make them wait until my "magic hour" is over and I'm moved to a recovery room. How do you decide these things?! 
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Week/Fruit: 18w/sweet potato

How are you feeling? Still have headaches/nausea periodically. But I am getting more energy!

Appointments/Updates? Had my regular check-up yesterday and heard her heartbeat again...yay! But found out that my insurance mix-up that forced me to cancel my u/s appt on Tuesday was actually not a bad thing...my dr wants me to wait closer to 20 weeks anyway. I guess that better anyway...I want to see her when she's a little more developed!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Tons of clothes from my neighbor, who's little girl was born January of this year, which is perfect!

Rants/Raves: My DD started 1st grade yesterday! I took the day off work, and cried when I dropped her off because I want to be a SAHM so badly. I hope it can happen, since I never was in the past

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? Just DH. I'm having a RCS, so only 2 are allowed in the room. Last time it was my mom and one of my BFFs because my ex-husband refused to be in there (don't get me started! One of the reasons we are divorced now!). But now, I have a MIL that is involved, so rather than have hurt feelings, I think it should just be DH. Depending on how I feel after surgery, ASAP is fine with me for visitors!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello ladies!!

Week/Fruit: 19 weeks / Mango

How are you feeling? Excited and still having sciatica pains

Appointments/Updates? Saw a chiropractor today and then we go see my dr for a gender sonogram!! We are sealing the results without seeing though due to gender reveal party Saturday!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I got two onesies from one of my coworkers yesterday!! First ever baby gift :) wasn't expecting it all from this person

Rants/Raves: haven't been able to find any good clothes to wear :/

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? My fiancé will be in the room, maybe my daughter and mom but haven't made a 100% decision.. Visitors anytime. I love my family and friends
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 17 - onion

How are you feeling? Nausea is slowly receding

Appointments/Updates? We found out yesterday we are having a BOY!!!! After 2 girls, hubby and I fully expected a third so we were shocked.  I bawled like a baby.  His name will be Wyatt Thomas.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Not yet, but bring on the blue!!!

Rants/Raves: Work sucks...period.  So ready for the weekend and DD #1's bday party!!!

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? My husband and my doctors/nurses. We don't allow anyone else.  Usually we have grandparents and our kiddos come the following day.

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• ladyamanuet Do you have family (like a sister, mom or gma) close enough that she could help the sisters "host" a shower for their new sibling?  I don't think people would be judgey of little girls wanting to throw a party.

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Week/Fruit: 20w banana!!!  Half way yay!

How are you feeling? Heartburn is my only issue

Appointments/Updates? Tuesday I finally get to find out the sex and see my baby I am so excited

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? No not yet just moved so I have been overwhelmed :(

Rants/Raves: Just found out they are temping out my job and I have only the week before xmas to train someone.  Talk about stress me out right before my due date.

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? My fiancé and mom ... maybe my bff if my mom doesn't make it in time (she lives 1.5hrs away) 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Week/Fruit: Week 19/Mango

How are you feeling? Awesome except my overly active bladder. But you know what compensated for that? A thumbs up from the baby on my A/S today. SO happy!

Appointments/Updates? Everything looked great at the A/S today. Also, found out that we are having a baby boy!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Yes, finally! A sleeper with a bear face on the ass part of the clothing. It’s cute!  And a soft toy!

Rants/Raves: Today, I won’t rant. Because I am happy!
    J

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? My husband. My parents will be in the visiting room. Once we are back home, we can have visitors in a week.
    J

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies!

Week/Fruit:
    17/onion

How are you feeling?
    Feeling ok, mostly just tired.

Appointments/Updates? Had my appt with the MW today, heard the HB and scheduled the A/S for Sept 24 (I'll be almost 23w). It seems so far away but she said they only do it between 22-24 weeks now.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I bought a baby book for 1st year milestones, we have the same one for DS and I'm happy that it was still available.

Rants/Raves: I'm still waiting to feel movement. It seems like so many people on here are already feeling it, I'm excited for it to happen!

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? Just like last time, only DH in the room during delivery. My parents and MIL were in the waiting room and came in about an hour after DS was born. Otherwise, just my sister came to visit in the hospital and that's all I wanted. This time my parents or ILs will be with DS and we won't be in the hospital as long so I think we'll save visitors for when we are home.
  • Week/Fruit: 20wks, banana

How are you feeling? Exhausted, nauseated, and in pain.

Appointments/Updates? I have my A/S tomorrow.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Yes, I bought some clothes, a pair of Merrell's, a bathtub and towels.

Rants/Raves: my rant is still being sick all the time.

QOTW: Who will be in the room when you deliver? At what point will you allow visitors? Only my hubby and medical staff. My MIL might come stay with us, not sure when.
  • @ladyamanuet - If the shower doesn't work out, why not take the girls on like a baby shopping spree for the baby? Let them pick out a few toys and outfits, and a few of the "necessities" binks and bottles if you plan to use them, etc. - take them out to lunch and make it a girls day out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"