Nurseries and Baby Gear

Recommend your thermometer

M is 18 months, and when she was born, we got a functional thermometer from the NICU.  However, it took a LONG TIME to work, and that wasn't ideal with a squirmy baby.  They recommended only underarm temps.  We bought several thermometers on Amazon but they sometimes worked and sometimes were frighteningly low, which of course is not okay because how do you know when it is working?  We would repeat it, try it on ourselves, etc. and could still never get a temp that seemed accurate.  We are expecting a new baby and we need to be able to take his temp.   Better if we can get it on Amazon.  Thanks!

Re: Recommend your thermometer

• We bought a rectal thermometer for DS1 but never used it. We just use a regular thermometer that we had around the house to take his underarm temperature when needed. Ours is the generic one from Walgreen's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Didn't realize that thermometers could cause so many issues... Ours came as part of a Red Cross brand grooming kit and we never had any issues with it. I have also used my own Basal Body Temp thermometer on her when I misplaced hers. We used to use it rectally and now that she's older we switched to under arm. No issues of any kind ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"