August 2014 Moms
Options

Sex

After reading the "Looking Forward to Thread," I thought it'd be interesting to take an informal poll. How often are you and your significant other doing the deed these days?
I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

Re: Sex

• Options
    We were about once a week give or take except for the past two weeks (I'm due next week and have way too much pressure to think about it!)
  • Options

We hadn't done it in probably 2 weeks, then we did two days in a row, and now not again for another week.

It's pretty hit or miss I guess!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been almost 2 months for us.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Options
    Um, what's sex?

I think it's been a week and it was hidiously uncomfortable. I have such a pinched nerve in my back that it feels like my hip is breaking, so hasn't happened since.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    It's been 2 months for us, though DH make a comment the other night that he might be willing to once we get closer to my due date to help try and start labor.

• Options
    Another "What is sex" person.  Not because I haven't been a stark-raving-bitch about it...but because DH doesn't find pregnant women sexy (he thinks it's awesome we can 'grow' babies, but he doesn't think the belly is attractive), and he also is oobed out by the idea of "poking" the baby.

Not going to lie; he hasn't been willing to give a girl a helping hand this pregnancy, so I haven't been willing to either.  Told him if I have to take care of myself, he can damn sure take care of himself.  :p

I don't think he's like that much.  Tough titties.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    cashews29cashews29 member
    edited August 2014
    It's been a few weeks for us, and we aren't likely to before she arrives because we're trying to avoid labor right now since she's breech. I miss sex. Though I don't really think I would enjoy it now anything with the "everything hurts" stage I'm in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've had sex probably once a month throughout pregnancy... But just recently I've been craving sexy time, we even had sex in the shower last week....
  • Options
    I think we tried once last month, but it was just uncomfortable for both of us. DH is scared to touch the bump (he is a weirdo) and there was not a position that I could be in that minimizes the bump and is comfortable (let alone enjoyable)  for me. 

I actually mentioned to him last night that it could help start labor and his response was along the lines of, "how are we logistically supposed to make that happen?" I have to agree with him. It is logistically difficult enough to get out of bed, get out of a recliner, or use the toilet (and I really am not even that big!). I don't have the mental capacity at this point to think of how we could have sex. 

But I am seriously looking forward to about two months from now!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    This trimester has been pretty lacking in sex.  I've just been really uncomfortable in general and having lightening crotch doesn't help.  I really don't want to go back to work next week, so I think we're going to try having sex on Friday to see if we can get things moving.  I assume doggy style is the only realistic position.  If anyone else has position suggestions that are comfortable, let me know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BlckRoses said:

This trimester has been pretty lacking in sex.  I've just been really uncomfortable in general and having lightening crotch doesn't help.  I really don't want to go back to work next week, so I think we're going to try having sex on Friday to see if we can get things moving.  I assume doggy style is the only realistic position.  If anyone else has position suggestions that are comfortable, let me know!

Doggy style works well and, surprisingly enough, girl on top seems to work well too. I've also heard the side by side position works well late in pregnancy, but haven't personally tried myself.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    We did 3 times from the time we found out we were pregnant until last week. We have done it twice since then and it sucked both times. Felt forced and painful. Not fun.
  • Options
    Another "what's sex" here. Before I had the baby I had no sex drive and neither did H. I think it was May last time? I was just big and uncomfortable. H was weirded out about the baby and his head being down, I think he was worried about poking him LOL. Now that the baby is here all he wants to do is have sex, but we still have another month before I'll be cleared
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Doggy style works well and, surprisingly enough, girl on top seems to work well too. I've also heard the side by side position works well late in pregnancy, but haven't personally tried myself.
    This. There are the only 2 ways we have been able to have sex for quite awhile now. We were having sex 3 times a week or so, the last month it has slowed down to 1-2 per week.
  • Options
    It was 2x a week, now we are trying to help labor a little bit and it's 5x a week.
  • Options
    Before baby, we stopped having it probably about 2-3 weeks before she was born. I gave H a hand the other day and I got so horny, but am at the no sex stage here post delivery.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I'm at 3x a week. Only out of hopes for something to happen. It's really like a freak show. It's a whole process. But hey...anything for sake of baby.
  • Options
    caybeh said:
    Before baby, we stopped having it probably about 2-3 weeks before she was born. I gave H a hand the other day and I got so horny, but am at the no sex stage here post delivery.

Dumb FTM question here: I know you can't have sex for a little bit.. but you can still give yourself a hand, right? Orgasms aren't forbidden, right?
  • Options
    We haven't had sex in several weeks because the last time was incredibly uncomfortable and just not enjoyable.  I still take care of him and he takes care of himself, but my lady parts are so swollen and tender that sex just hasn't seemed appealing.  We're going to try again this weekend, though, since we're both dying to get some and hopefully it will encourage baby to arrive sooner.
  • Options
    mikescutie7mikescutie7 member
    edited August 2014
    Almost daily, pregnancy hasn't really affected me much in this department and my libido has been highest in third tri
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    Doggy has been the only way we've been able to do it in the last few months but it's gotten uncomfortable for me too because it seems like penetration is too deep so 2 weeks ago was the last time and we're done until cleared by the doctor PP. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    My mom is in town and staying with us in our tiny apartment. So sex has been whenever we can discreetly fit it in. I think it has happened 4 times in the last two weeks.

I was upfront with her and said "our apartment is small and our bed is squeaky" I still feel weird though.

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

• Options
    We've had sex 3 times this week already.  I start him off with a blow job, his favorite, and then the deed is finished.  Lets be honest, I'm not a fan of blow jobs, or sex right now, but whatever might get me to dilate more is good for me. BF is def not complaining. 
  • Options
    Warning TMI!

Hey all!!! I never post but felt this post was the post to start!

I am 39 and 5. I am going to throw in an odd response and say that we have sex almost every single day since pregnant. We have missed a day in a week and 2 days maximum. And since beginning the 3rd trimester we rarely ever skip a day.

My husband might be in the minority (not sure) but he finds me incredibly sexy while pregnant. He embraces the changes in my body. I really dorm feel so sexy since I've gained 40 lbs but hey. His libido has always been high and mine has been so so. But since pregnant I am on fire!!!

I want to all the time. I think about it all the time. It feels better. I'm super tight and husband says between that and the extra weight pushing against him he has become addicted to my vajay. Lol

And a confession... ( and the reason for this response) I am squirting every single time now. A lot and multiple times. It's endless if he continues. It's insane. My husband found my g spot months before getting pregnant but squirting was a rare treat. Now.... My gosh. We need a tarp on the bed.

At first I felt like a freak but now I'm embracing this as heck it feels so good. And my husband loves it. He is super turned on by this. He such a perv.

And whenever I have trouble sleeping at night... A good squirt puts me to sleep. Works like a charm.

Sorry for the TMI but I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. It's pretty insane.
  • Options
    Leskay said:

chase16 said:

caybeh said:

Dumb FTM question here: I know you can't have sex for a little bit.. but you can still give yourself a hand, right? Orgasms aren't forbidden, right?
    If they're forbidden I'm in BIG trouble!

Not entirely sure. I know penetration is not recommended for 6 weeks or so. DH offered a hand whenever I feel ready for it. I'm still a little tender from my tear, so we'll wait a little bit.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Waterproof mattress pad.

Puppy training pads.

Towels.

Give it a few years; it's not half so much fun, and ends up being a nuisance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    salsy2012salsy2012 member
    edited August 2014
    bobyn1113 said:

Leskay said:

Warning TMI!

Hey all!!! I never post but felt this post was the post to start!

I am 39 and 5. I am going to throw in an odd response and say that we have sex almost every single day since pregnant. We have missed a day in a week and 2 days maximum. And since beginning the 3rd trimester we rarely ever skip a day.

My husband might be in the minority (not sure) but he finds me incredibly sexy while pregnant. He embraces the changes in my body. I really dorm feel so sexy since I've gained 40 lbs but hey. His libido has always been high and mine has been so so. But since pregnant I am on fire!!!

I want to all the time. I think about it all the time. It feels better. I'm super tight and husband says between that and the extra weight pushing against him he has become addicted to my vajay. Lol

And a confession... ( and the reason for this response) I am squirting every single time now. A lot and multiple times. It's endless if he continues. It's insane. My husband found my g spot months before getting pregnant but squirting was a rare treat. Now.... My gosh. We need a tarp on the bed.

At first I felt like a freak but now I'm embracing this as heck it feels so good. And my husband loves it. He is super turned on by this. He such a perv.

And whenever I have trouble sleeping at night... A good squirt puts me to sleep. Works like a charm.

Sorry for the TMI but I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. It's pretty insane.

I don't know if I'm jealous or I hate you.

I'm just grossed out. I know women squirt, but I don't need details.

------quote fail-------

Srsly.
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    I warned TMI. Guys I just needed to try to find someone who may be experiencing the same thing. I feel like an alien. Thanks :-/

• Options

I warned TMI. Guys I just needed to try to find someone who may be experiencing the same thing. I feel like an alien. Thanks :-/
    An introduction first might have smoothed some of that over.  Just as a quick point of basic perspective; you've basically walked in to a virtual room with lots of people having discussions, and you just bounced in to a discussion and screamed "HEY!!  I SQUIRT!  ANYONE ELSE?!  OH!  AND HI!!!"  The best rule of thumb I have for internet forums is; if you wouldn't say it face to face to someone in a coffee shop, why would you say it here?  Especially as the internet NEVER forgets. 

All of that aside, however, you were doing it pre-pregnancy....sooooo, it's not really something new for you.  You know how to protect your bed, so there's no good advice really to offer there.  And, as you were doing it before, it shouldn't be such a shock you're still doing it, even if it seems like it's more frequent; let's be real, everything is shifting and moving and there's more blood flow happening.

• Options
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"