December 2012 Moms

Anyone feel like the terrible 2's are already here?

DD has really been exerting her independence lately and it makes it so difficult to take her places. We took a quick trip to Wawa for sandwiches and she threw herself on the ground crying because I wouldnt let her take all the chip bags and throw them on the ground. She also refuses to sit in high chairs, strollers, or carts for very long so grocery shopping is not fun. I find it funny though how if she knows I am upset she will start giving me kisses and hugs. Who knew you could learn to manipulate so young. Anyone else going through this?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone feel like the terrible 2's are already here?

• Yup. Some days are better than others. Today has been a rough one. Every time I try to wipe food off of her face or hands, she screams at me and tells me "nuff"! She won't sit in the grocery cart either, and the high chair is hit or miss. For the grocery store, I have started getting the bigger toddler carts that have the little car thing with a steering wheel on it. That is the only way she will sit now. The other problem we just started having is that she does not handle being hungry well at all. She throws a fit, won't be put down and won't eat unless I sit her on my lap and start eating myself. Then she might decide it is alright and start eating. Once she gets going, she is ok and will eat pretty well, but getting her past the initial hungry tantrum is awful. So yeah, I feel your pain.
  • Yep! We're in the "no no" phase...except that sometimes "no" means "yes" and you better figure it out on the first guess because if you don't, she'll pitch a fit. She's also gotten to the point where if she's mad because she's been told "no", she'll throw something.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my, yes. Telling her no or not giving her what she wants almost always leads to tears. Last night, she wanted the knife block off the counter. Obviously wasn't going to happen. You'd have thought someone was torturing her by the amount of screaming and tears that followed.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I told Morgan I was going to sell her to the circus last night...she was cranky and like @kerbear135 said, "no' meant "yes" but this time it meant "no" or maybe she meant yes...I couldn't keep track.  Then when she would throw her tantrum and I would walk away she would sit up and with a tear streaked face hold her arms to me and say "mama". 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• I told Morgan I was going to sell her to the circus last night...she was cranky and like @kerbear135 said, "no' meant "yes" but this time it meant "no" or maybe she meant yes...I couldn't keep track.  Then when she would throw her tantrum and I would walk away she would sit up and with a tear streaked face hold her arms to me and say "mama". 

I hate when Abbi does that...I feel so bad ignoring her, but I know that giving in will teach her bad habits..it makes me feel like such a mean mom

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"