December 2014 Moms

Useless things my husband buys.

It's a beautiful cold, and rainy day. Thought I would share with you guys the latest useless thing my husband purchased. Naturally I decided to sport my bump in it. I will say this thing is awesome, but... I will never admit it is usefull. Haha!

So ladies, what has your S.O purchased that just made you shake your head?
first time mom
BOY  07/12/14

Re: Useless things my husband buys.

• courtd2courtd2 member
    edited August 2014
    @Courtneylovesjason2 It's on one of my husbands favourite shows lol. for reference:
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • I love this! My husband doesn't really buy useless things so much as buying BIG things (he is self employed and they are great tax write offs). 
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • What show is this from? I would want to wear this every day! Although living in Maine I would probably get shot. My dh has become obsessed with rc cars, and recently bought 2. They are at least a lot of fun though.
  • Oh Man! WTF is that?!? Lol!!
    DHgoes through what I like to call "hobby phases" which usually leaves us with useless stuff. He got big into cigars, painting, electronic planes, home improvement, just to name a few. But they never last more then a few months and he's on to the next one.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Nothing recently, but on our 'date night' Saturday, we ended up a Lowes and he was trying to convince me that we should get a table saw!! Wtf!?! I was like "um, no... If anything we would need a miter saw so I can finish all the molding, but I won't be making any miter cuts any time soon and I need you to have all of your appendages intact, thankyouverymuch!" Haha. Doofus.

Lol. We have a miter saw. We use it often. I wish we had a table saw. We're going to have to drive to my parents house to make some cuts for the door to the baby's closet.

My DH is a video game geek, which in itself is fine. He also hates spending money. The thing he does that drives me crazy is, when he wants to buy a new game, he trades in his other games for little to no money. NBD if he is actually done with the first game. He never is and inevitably will buy it back. He has done this with systems too. He has owned 4 Nintendo DSs in the last 5 years. Not exaggerating.
    TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• Jezebel3745 The table saw, we just added recently.  The saw, plus the matching table, plus this attachment and that. He is in plumbing and heating so I usually just say okay, you might use this eventually. He did use it, to make cornhole boards for my sister.

His most random was he decided we needed a big building for all of his tools/equipment/parts.  We now have a 68'x40' building in our back yard.  I left the cargo net to my vehicle in there, "There isn't room in here for this, it has to go!" Seriously?!?!
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• LOL that is hilarious!  At least he'll always have a backup Halloween costume :)

DH and I both way too cheap to buy many useless things.  Plus our house is kind of small and I hate storing crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • littleboyermoose. So glad my husband doesn't like anything to do with the outdoors really. He wants to spend more time with a friend of his who does lots of fishing (my DH can't touch a fish because it's creepy, and he feels bad for the fish aww<3), snowmobiling, etc. My husband is talking about buying a snow machine for the winter, and getting fishing rods to learn how to fish.. 

I want to say those are useless too, but he wants to be able to teach and show our little boy all these things when he gets older. I just think that is the sweetest thing. 
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • My husband bought this mask ... but I was the one who put it on the dog lol. That bear suit thing is awesome, you'll have to show that bump pic to your little boy one day :)

• Nothing recently, but on our 'date night' Saturday, we ended up a Lowes and he was trying to convince me that we should get a table saw!! Wtf!?! I was like "um, no... If anything we would need a miter saw so I can finish all the molding, but I won't be making any miter cuts any time soon and I need you to have all of your appendages intact, thankyouverymuch!" Haha. Doofus.
    haha.. you're arguing about what type of SAW to get.... this makes me laugh
  • Umm...I LOVE that coat and would absolutely wear it all the time. Will you ask him where he got it? My husband doesn't buy shit because he's way cheaper than I am. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anna930 said:
    @Heidig14 ... had no idea you were a fellow Mainer - and I was thinking the same thing.  Wow, that's a whole new spin on hunting camouflage (and not a very smart one). 

Hubby has gotten pretty good at not buying useless things, but he works for LLBean and gets a great discount on outdoor-goods.  By the 2nd or 3rd tent he brought home I had to tell him to stop (even if they were <$10/apiece)

As the third Maine-er in this, I'm in the "Yep, gonna get shot" group :) However, in my town there is a man who has one of those, but its a grey wolf. He wears that, shorts, a tanktop, and Bean boots all winter.

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"