December 2014 Moms
Options

Hubby afraid of having sex?

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow! And I've always been uncomfortable with my weight, which I thought was the reason hubby doesn't wanna have sex anymore. He assures me that's not it, he says he just feels weird having sex knowing our daughter is inside me lol. We had sex 2 weeks ago and I started getting Braxton- Hicks afterward, so that probably didn't help him feeling weird. We were having sex maybe once a week and that's declining now. I love him and it's understandable why he feels that way, but sometimes it makes me feel very un-sexy :(

Re: Hubby afraid of having sex?

• Options
    There are quite a few articles out there written for guys to help them understand more about sex during pregnancy--- how harmless is etc. A quick Google search should help you find some. Maybe having him read them will help him be more open to the idea.
  • Options
    hollycn said:

There are quite a few articles out there written for guys to help them understand more about sex during pregnancy--- how harmless is etc. A quick Google search should help you find some. Maybe having him read them will help him be more open to the idea.

This. Mine has similar issues but it's just ignorance. I too am overweight but that has never been a problem in this department. Since getting pregnant I've had a lot of aches and we found out about a large fibroid.and in there and I think he freaks out that something will happen. The articles are very helpful.
    First Time Mom

ITS A BOY!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband refuses to be on top (or if he is, he is so easy I am like really?!).  He is sooo paranoid about "poking" the baby.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    My husband was creeped out by touching the baby. Once after we had just finished having sex he asks me "Are you sure we should be doing that? It's safe for the baby?" 

Well, what did I do? I described everything from the mucus plug to the bouncy placenta, and the the way things don't "align" (even the length it would take for his penis to reach the cervix) so he would never touch him. 

He simply responded with "I'm so glad I asked after we had sex." 

Poor guy, I forgot how grossed out he is by pregnancy. I just made it worse lol.
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • Options
    I can totally relate. We did not DTD at all when I was pregnant with DD. DH was way too paranoid. This time around, however, he is actually wanting it, though still afraid. We actually DTD for the first time since conceiving this past weekend. DH was paranoid a lot of the time and even wore a condom because he was afraid of bacteria getting to baby (even though I told him the cervix is closed and ain't nothin' gettin' in there)!

BabyFruit Ticker

Favorite Teen Crush: Zach Morris

My special Little Lady
  • Options
    My husband is just the opposite and wants it all the time! Not to complain but I don't feel attractive naked and sometimes I get out of breath. Haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"