Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: UO Anyone?

• Options
    If you were hired to do 2 things, yet you go on vacation and I am asked to pick up those 2 things, if they are not near completion after a month and a half, I am going to question your work ethic.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seeing a trend here?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I think it's stupid that the new Ninja Turtles movie is rated PG-13 but they have all of these new toys for it and they are promoting it like it's for kids. A Facebook friend just posted a picture do her 5 and 2 year old at the movie. Ummm....what??? It's freaking PG-13. Am I super naive?? That seems so crazy to me.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think if you are customer facing at work, you should have to look nice to come to work.  Do something with your hair, and put on some makeup.  It baffles me that I have front lines people who don't put makeup on in the morning.  And these are women in their 40s, not 22yr olds who were out partying or something.  I think the definition of business casual has gone drastically downhill in the workplace.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    The new casual is atrocious. And people are afraid to tell their employees to kick it up a notch.

I'll even admit that my daily dressed up for work is the old casual. Black dress capris, casual flats, casual top with cardi.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:
    I think it's stupid that the new Ninja Turtles movie is rated PG-13 but they have all of these new toys for it and they are promoting it like it's for kids. A Facebook friend just posted a picture do her 5 and 2 year old at the movie. Ummm....what??? It's freaking PG-13. Am I super naive?? That seems so crazy to me.
    It has violence & fire because they are super heros or whatnot. I would still take my kid to see it at 5 if he wanted to go.
    I guess I'm more old fashioned. I wouldn't take my 5 year old to it. It's pg-13 for a reason. But that's my choice. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I think if you are customer facing at work, you should have to look nice to come to work.  Do something with your hair, and put on some makeup.  It baffles me that I have front lines people who don't put makeup on in the morning.  And these are women in their 40s, not 22yr olds who were out partying or something.  I think the definition of business casual has gone drastically downhill in the workplace.  
    I think people should look presentable at work, but I don't think makeup should have to be a part of that. Yes, make up can help your appearance, but it's not for everyone. I wouldn't feel comfortable going out without at least little concealer, powder, etc., but I understand there are people who don't want to wear makeup.
    I am very much old school when it comes to clothing, not makeup. TBH, I think too many women don't know how to properly apply makeup and don't look good wearing a full face. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Another UO: I think the ice water challenge is stupid.

I didn't know about the ALS one until recently.  A guy who was a few years older than me in HS died several years ago and some of his friends started a foundation that donates scholarships to kids with cancer.  Great--I wasn't a friend of his because of our age difference, but I think it's cool that people did that.  This ice water challenge has been going around FB for almost a month now and our local news even picked it up.  I think it's ridiculous.  Either film this and put it on FB, or donate $100?  Yea.  I wouldn't do it.  I feel like challenging someone to either do something ridiculous or donate $100 is stupid.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    The new casual is atrocious. And people are afraid to tell their employees to kick it up a notch. I'll even admit that my daily dressed up for work is the old casual. Black dress capris, casual flats, casual top with cardi.

This is my exact outfit today.

(and almost every other day)
  • Options

I didn't know about the ALS one until recently.  A guy who was a few years older than me in HS died several years ago and some of his friends started a foundation that donates scholarships to kids with cancer.  Great--I wasn't a friend of his because of our age difference, but I think it's cool that people did that.  This ice water challenge has been going around FB for almost a month now and our local news even picked it up.  I think it's ridiculous.  Either film this and put it on FB, or donate $100?  Yea.  I wouldn't do it.  I feel like challenging someone to either do something ridiculous or donate $100 is stupid.  
    I just got challeneged last night. I am not doing it. I think it is dumb. My family is calling me a fun killer. I said, when have you known me to be fun? Also, I am sorry me not dumping iced water over my head isn't fun for you, you do it in my place, k?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options

This is ALL I've heard on CNBC for the last 3 days. It's so annoying. I get they want to raise awareness, awesome but dumping water on my head does nothing for the actual cause. Instead just donate your money silently. Besides the people that they are challenging like Warren Buffet. Dude he's in his 80's. He'll die of pneumonia plus he's like the riches man ever so I'm sure he can pony up $100 for the cause. So dumb.

As far as wearing makeup goes. I can go out without it. No one will recongnize me but I would. I'm way more laid back with makeup in public than I was pre Bennett. However I don't think wearing makeup is for everyone. Some people can't apply it, others are hypersensitive skin and it's just too expensive and some are just mroe comfortable without. Either way I don't care however running a comb through your hair is free. So do it.

• Options

I'll jump in on the make up train.  Or off it in this case, because the only makeup I wear daily is concealer and mascara.  I don't need it.  If I'm going out somewhere special yeah I'll put it all on but not for day to day activities.  It's too d@mn hot in the south for that.

The ice water challenge: I must live under a rock becuase I had no idea what it was until now.

imageimage 

• Options

I read an article that donations for ALS in the last few weeks have gone from something like $7K to over $100K. I'm too lazy to look up the actual numbers, but to me that feels like it's worth it.

I do believe that for every sports athlete I've seen doing the challenge on FB, they should be donating the $100 too (if not more).

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

I read an article that donations for ALS in the last few weeks have gone from something like $7K to over $100K. I'm too lazy to look up the actual numbers, but to me that feels like it's worth it.

I do believe that for every sports athlete I've seen doing the challenge on FB, they should be donating the $100 too (if not more).
    This is what I was going to say.  I'm guessing there will be a big increase in donations, which I think makes it worth it.  Plus, I do think it's fun.  If there are people who want to do it, have at it.  I don't think if someone doesn't want to "they're not fun", but it doesn't seem to be hurting anyone to do it.  I saw Jimmy Fallon participate and he as well as his guest mentioned they would also be donating money.  I agree that any famous person who participates should donate money.  
  • Options
    Kissty said:

I'll jump in on the make up train.  Or off it in this case, because the only makeup I wear daily is concealer and mascara.  I don't need it.  If I'm going out somewhere special yeah I'll put it all on but not for day to day activities.  It's too d@mn hot in the south for that.

I think sometimes that's all someone needs.  And if you don't need anything, I'm envious!  I understand where you're coming from @marisakathleen in terms of people coming to work after a long night (or not) looking all disheveled and being the first thing people see. 

I think if you're over the age of 22 and coming into work hungover to the point that you can't look presentable you need to reevaluate some things.  I can see there being special exceptions to this, but if it's on the regular, that's a problem.
  • Options
    I think a lot of things look unprofessional yet do them myself. Like my fingernails. Unpainted and gnawed off. Sometimes I think I should wear colored lip gloss to give a more made up appearance.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I've never met a woman in my entire life that can't benefit from some lipgloss &/or concealer.  I'm not saying you should look like Lady Gaga everyday, but I think after a certain age, you should put in the effort when going to work.  Everyday look?  Weekend look?  Pf, who cares.  Work to me is different though, especially when you're customer facing.

I get that I'm the odd man out, really I do. It bothers me so much when my manicure chips that if it happens at work, I keep nail polish remover pads in my desk drawer so my students don't see it.  I attribute all of these things to the fact that I worked at a salon all through high school and a very fancy spa all through college.  I HAD to come to work in full face of makeup with my hair done or get docked time so I could do it while I was there.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

How about our CEO who just this morning told me he wants to do this challenge, get employees to pony up money for a chance to dump the water on him, and he wants media coverage of it to put our organization in the news for something good?

• Options
    mnkate said:
    I think people take the "Q-tips are bad" concept too far. Yes, I understand they can shove wax deeper into your ear canal -- that doesn't mean you don't ever have to clean your/your kids ears. The fact that just glancing at your kid, I can see a shitton of wax is super gross.

Use just the tip (TWSS) or a washcloth...SOMETHING to at least wipe out the visible wax.

I went to school with a kid that never cleaned his ears. Like the wax was coming out of the ear it was so bad. It would go about 2 months then one day he'd have none. I don't know if his mom forgot, he had a condition or maybe he liked it, eeeeewww but it was so gross.

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited August 2014
    i buy those weird baby q-tips with the huge ball.  I clean the outside rim of her ear and the rest of the inside (of the external part), then twirl it once, gently inside her ear to remove some wax.  It barely goes in and gets some wax out.  The baby q-tips make me feel comfortable that I'm not going too far in, or that I won't pierce her ear drum if she moves.

heres what I'm talking about
    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0RXLKIlH6AQ/TVNQZPTtmBI/AAAAAAAAA2U/GnuQKWzW1gk/s1600/DSC_5836.jpg

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    i wonder what would come out of my ears if I had a doc remove the wax.  I use q-tips every day.  I'm sure I've packed it in.  But dang, my doctor is really hot so I would never ask him to extract my wax.
    I was surprised at the wax ball the ENT pulled out of Leo's ears earlier this week. I look in his ears a lot to see if I can see the tube and never saw the wax. I was going to ask him to do me, but like you said, he is way too hot for me to ask. Plus, you know, not my doctor and I wasn't sure what the rules are with that stuff.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    melody921 said:

How about our CEO who just this morning told me he wants to do this challenge, get employees to pony up money for a chance to dump the water on him, and he wants media coverage of it to put our organization in the news for something good?
    Huh...well, that's an interesting take on it for sure.  At least the money will go to charity?

I donate to a few specific charities for causes that are close to me personally.  Being "challenged" to either get ice water dumped on myself or be shamed into donating for a charity I don't typically think about just seems odd to me.  I hate feeling guilted into things.  Damn Catholic upbringing.  I just can't shake the guilt with the most random things. :-(

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I was saving this for FFFC, but will post it here.

My older (43 year old) recently divorced brother just announced his engagement to his girlfriend of a year and surprise they are having a little boy in Jan. I have my feelings about this but whatever, not my life do what makes you happy. But, he made a comment about how to call dibs on my kids' hand-me-downs and now I'm all worked up about it. I buy more expensive clothes for them because I can resell them for a good amount. I really don't want to have to stop selling their clothes. But my other brother's wife gives me her hand-me-downs so I feel obligated to do the same. I'm the poor of my family though, let me sell my clothes. I did tell him that I have already gotten rid of everything up to 18 months and his fiance replied "that's ok, no one gives you bigger sizes at the baby shower so it will be a good size to start". Grrr, I don't want to do this! I think they will be getting the free hand-me-downs I received and not much of the stuff I buy to resell.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

hmp1 said:

My older (43 year old) recently divorced brother just announced his engagement to his girlfriend of a year and surprise they are having a little boy in Jan. I have my feelings about this but whatever, not my life do what makes you happy. But, he made a comment about how to call dibs on my kids' hand-me-downs and now I'm all worked up about it. I buy more expensive clothes for them because I can resell them for a good amount. I really don't want to have to stop selling their clothes. But my other brother's wife gives me her hand-me-downs so I feel obligated to do the same. I'm the poor of my family though, let me sell my clothes. I did tell him that I have already gotten rid of everything up to 18 months and his fiance replied "that's ok, no one gives you bigger sizes at the baby shower so it will be a good size to start". Grrr, I don't want to do this! I think they will be getting the free hand-me-downs I received and not much of the stuff I buy to resell.
    I would just tell them you might be able to hand a few things down but the rest you already have plans for.  I mean, you need to do what you need to do for your family.  If your system works for you then I don't think you should have to feel guilty about it. They can't just "call dibs".  You didn't even say they were up for grabs. 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    hmp1 said:

I think it's crazy that they expect hand me downs. You can't call dibs for christ sake. My brother's g/f has send her son's clothes to us. Most are NMS but I never asked for them. Same with my niece's clothes. She's keeping them in case we have a girl next. I never asked for them either.

I'd just explain what you usually do and leave it be. I personally would have a hard time seeing clothes on a family member's kid that was originally mine. Call me weird or sentimental. I don't want to see it after my children have outgrown it.

• Options

What does everyone think of the name '"Birdie?" I can't wrap my head about that one.

• Options
    hmp1 said:

@HMP1, I'd tell them that you aren't necessarily decided if you're done having kids or not. From discussions on here you're definitely still up for another one. The clothes you buy all seem pretty timeless in general so I'd just say you want to hang on to a good portion of it because baby #3 actually has dibs on the hand me downs. It's a good story, anyway!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"