September 2014 Moms

Baby is breech :(

33w4d growth sono showed baby is breech. Plan to do exercises and go to chiro to try to get baby to turn, anyone have any experience w this?

Re: Baby is breech :(

• My DD5 turned in the last week with no special exercises to help. It's early yet - don't worry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes did discuss doing a version which I need to read up on don't know anything about it
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my baby is still breech. Finding a chiro who specializes in pregnant women is a great idea to help open your hips naturally and relax your round ligaments to give your baby the room to turn.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Try SpinningBabies.com. They've got some great suggestions. Did they talk about doing a version if he doesn't turn?

I did a few exercises on spinning babies and got adjusted and baby turned between 31 and 33 weeks. My midwife really wanted to see him/her flip by my last appt at 33 weeks since babies usually settle around that time. They can always turn, though.
    imageimage
  • Mine is breech too and I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow.  US tech said that 80% turn on their own by 36 weeks.  I'm not worrying about it…yet!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• This guy just showed up as breech today at 35 weeks. I won't start worrying about turning him or a c section until 37 weeks. He was head down for the past 6 weeks prior. Don't get too worried yet!
  • My baby is breeched too at 34 weeks 2 days. Docs told me slim chance they think my baby will move on its own and they don't feel comfortable doing the procedure to help baby move. He told me to start mentally preparing for a c section. They will check position again at 36 weeks. Going to try some excercises on my own and see what happens but I'm afraid the baby doesn't have a ton of room
  • Turn babies turn! You still have time, but it is good that you are being proactive about it now.
  • I'm 35 weeks today. Baby was transverse last week and lead down as of this week. They have time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My baby has always been breech anytime I have had an ultrasound or my dr has felt of him. I'm 35weeks tomorrow if he still has not turned at my next appt they will want to schedule a version at 38weeks as it can potentially cause you to go into labor.

My ob explained it that I would have a NST before and immediately after they would give me a shot to make my uterus relax, they then gel the crap out of your belly and using their hands and the ultrasound machine try to push and force baby head down. He told me it can be pretty uncomfortable so I'm praying LO stops being stubborn soon.
  • This baby keeps flipping from head down to breech. It keeps freaking me out.  At first I thought he was just athletic but at my ultrasound yesterday she said it was because I was on the high end of normal for amniotic fluid and he was just taking advantage of the "larger swimming pool". Anyway, I did some of the exercises suggested on the spinning babies website. DD1 was a late turner too and I did those exercises with her. She ended up head down. 

In this case she mentioned that if he keeps flipping from week to week they might schedule my induction a couple days early if they find that he's head down (before anyone flips out I'm getting induced early anyway because of my diabetes).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• My baby is breech at nearly 35 weeks. We haven't discussed a version but I think I will try the spinning babies exercises- her little feet in my cervix/ bladder hurt so bad!

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Im with all of you.  My little guy has been breech in every growth U/S that Ive had and yesterday he was still breech.  My dr says that she still thinks he will turn but she said there is a very good chance he wont because babies at this stage setttle into a confort zone and occasionally will not turn.

Ive been reading up on Spinning Babies and considering a Chiro as my dr said normally she does not like to perform ECV for the most part and will usually suggest waiting it out and then going the C Section route if need be.   I explained I wanted that to be my last choice option and she said not to worry too much there is still time.

Come on little one flip!  :-)
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• My little dude was upright until this week. I did a lot of walking around and hip circles whenever I got the chance. I don't know if that actually did anything or if he just turned on his own - but you still have time for him to head south! :D

• You should still have time for baby to flip. As of yesterday mine is head down and I hope he stays that way.

• I'm almost 35 weeks and baby is breeched- my dr told me me to do handstands in the deep end of the pool to try to give the baby more space because it is sitting low on me. He doesn't seem too concerned yet but mentioned trying the ecv at some point if necessary. I don't think I feel comfortable with that. Has anyone else had that done before??
  • 33 weeks here. Every 7-10 days my LO will turn traverse and stay that way for a couple of days. It's very strange. But, my belly/uterus is quite large (most people think I only have a couple of weeks left), and it appears he has plenty of room to move still! Hopefully he will stop this nonsense as we get closer to EDD.
    Didn't your mother teach you, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." Let's all (me too) try to remember this. Thank you.

Depression is ugly. Depression without meds is uglier. Robin Williams would agree with me.
  • Have any of you ladies been to the doc recently? 36 weeks and baby is still breeched. Turn baby turn!
  • Minmcgar said:

Have any of you ladies been to the doc recently? 36 weeks and baby is still breeched. Turn baby turn!

Had my 36 week appt today and baby is still breech,apparently he is comfy. OB is ultrasounding me tomorrow to confirm and to see if he is footling breech in which case a c/s is happening. He said it was to risky to LO to attempt version if he was footling breech :( Prayers your LO decides to turn!
  • I'm debating if I should see a chiropractor or just let nature run it's course.
  • JD83JD83 member
    I have no idea what position this kid is in. No one at the clinic has mentioned it and I know I'm not getting another u/s unless something goes seriously wrong. I guess I'll have to ask about it in a couple of weeks, 34.5w right now. It's frustrating to come here and realize just how much my clinic isn't telling me.
  • Baby was still breech on Monday at 35w1d. Went for acupuncture and they burned some root on my foot 14 times lol doing versions and positions from spinning babies. Did Webster 3 times . No success yet but I keep trying. External version is scheduled for 37w
  • I asked my doctor about the Webster and they knew nothing about it. Can you tell me about what they do for the Webster?
  • 36 weeks and still breeched! Dr said baby can still flip but I shoukd start deciding when I would want a c-section. Baby is moving all the time but not flipping! It's too comfy!
  • maybe the chiro? I've heard they're really good for flipping in the event of breech. I also read going to a pool and doing hand stands as well as spinning babies, etc. I did this when baby was transverse.  I hope your little ones are more cooperative!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"