Nurseries and Baby Gear

Cost of Bedding?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Cost of Bedding?

• Since I personally don't care for the bedding sets because 1) ridiculously priced, 2) I probably won't use all pieces, I didn't get one. I pieced all my stuff together, which only ended up being crib sheet, a breatheable bumper, and a skirt. I received plenty of blankets at my showers that tie into the color scheme.
  • We have 2 fitted crib sheets and 2 waterproof mattress protectors. Think the total for those 4 pieces is about $60-$70. Bumpers aren't recommended and we don't want/need a skirt. We're not doing a "theme" room, just have a color scheme (pink, yellow, grey). Our sheets are grey so they're gender neutral for any future kids. I would take that $300 you're planning for a bedding set and save it to use towards a convertible car seat or nice stroller - something you'll get a ton of use out of that is practical.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • $60 for nautical themed set with sheet, crib skirt, quilt, and window valance. Then a couple more cheapo Target/Walmart fitted crib sheets in coordinating colors and waterproof mattress protectors.
    Saving the big price purchases for car seat, stroller, crib, dresser, and glider. 
  • jtmomma13jtmomma13 member
    edited August 2014
    I spent a good amount on the sheets and the crib skirt. I got the crib skirt from PBK's and that was $60 and the sheets from Serena & Lily with a coupon (I believe) and they were like $30 a piece. I didn't buy them at the same time and kinda spread out my nursery purchases. So I spend what $120 all together. I,  however am the first to admit that the sheets were an extravagant purchase but I loved them and they have held up great. I (knock on wood) haven't found the need to have more than 2 sheets and we've had colds and the stomach bug. 

A bumper is a waste of your money and so is a quilt. You won't use them. And IMO a crib looks great with a decorative sheet and crib skirt! 
  • DS1s was super pricey....but my mom bought it. DS2 I got everything for $100 off Walmart.com & it was more usable. Lighter blanket, 2 sheets, mobile, artwork, decals, and a matching bed skirt were included for the $100. I actually get more compliments on DS2s room as well.

I also like the separate pieces from A&A, Circo from Target, & Falls Creek from Meijer. Anything with a lighter blanket you will get more use out of it versus traditional bedding.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I don't see the value in getting a set since half or more of those pieces you either don't ever use (quilt, diaper stacker) or it's stuff that you can find a better version of separately (mobile).

With both my 1st and with this baby I spent about $25 on a dust ruffle, $30 on a bumper (no bashing please, it works for us and many other people), and then $15 or so on two-packs of basic fitted sheets.

I considered making the dust ruffles myself as those are a pretty easy project and require about a yard or so of fabric but i got lazy and bought ready made.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We're getting a $25 crib skirt & probably 3 sheets for $10 each. So ~$55 total.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"