December 2014 Moms

Almost defeated by picture day / & AW moment

AnonnAniAnonnAni member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
My kids school sent home notifications for the summer things a few weeks ago, and Im so cool and smart that I thought August 12th was THURSDAY!!!

So yesterday I pick up the kids totally intending on doing grocery shopping, buying two new fish (the kids fish died a few days ago) and getting a pedicure and finishing laundry... As I get the kids in the car the teacher comes out and says "Dont forget tomorrow is picture day"... and my.world.collapsed!!!!!!

I took out my sons braids two days ago in preparation of getting him a line up ON WEDS for pictures Thursday... NOPE plan had to be changed!!!

So nothing I needed to accomplish yesterday could get done, I had to high tail it to the store to get DD some tights, and then home and start DS hair (it goes all the way down his back) with NO line up in the front meaning I would have to do something that pulls the hair back b/c otherwise it wont lay down. Had to order pizza for the 3 hour event of washing drying and braiding DS's hair.. Get them to the table to eat then in the bath so I could iron their clothes...I can NOT imagine having to do this with 3 kids :-( I spent from 6pm when I walked in the house yesterday till 10pm getting everything ready for today and had to head to bed just to wake an hour ealry b/c DD hair had to be done this morning b/c its short and curly and wont doesnt braid well so she needed ponytails.. I look like crap today, but, *shrugs* my kids look nice..
Dropping them off at school literally felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders to the point where I ugly cried in the car cuz I'm so tired and feel like I ran a marathon between last night and this morning all in an effort to get them to school CLEAN and nice.

Having another girl is a blessing, but man I can not even fathom how I am going to manage doing 3 sets of hair for everyday life let alone things like picture day or holiday's. How do moms of multiple girls manage things like that? I mean I know my son is not a girl so technically I can cut his hair at any point, but we would really like to not cut it, so how do find the time to get all the hair done? (My mom suggested rotating weeks, like 1 week braid one child the next week the other and so on and so forth. BUT like I said my DD for instance, her hair wont braid its fair to thin and curly and braids makes it fuzzy, so if the LO has hair like her then braids wouldn't apply there either). *smh* Idk just trying to get a game plan.
Final product pictured below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby #1 7/16/10
Baby #2 11/14/12 
Baby #3 12/11/14
Baby #4  3/30/17
Baby #5 2/28/19 
Baby #6 Miscarriage
Baby #7 7/3/22
Naturally with PCOS

Re: Almost defeated by picture day / & AW moment

• Big hugs. That sounds like a crazy evening. But it was worth it. They look adorable!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yikes! I know the feeling...I found out about DS's last picture right after DH dropped him off at DC.  It was a rainy, chilly morning and we dressed him to be comfortable (athletic type pants, t-shirt and a hoodie).  Yep, my child was the one dressed like he was about to go do yard work for his school pictures, lol.

They look adorable though and I bet their pictures will be awesome! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! I got tired just reading  your post. 

But, they look absolutely adorable! I love your son's suit and your daughter's dress. Great job, super mama! 
  • I love the final result but I have to say getting to it felt terrible like it was never gonna get done, or wouldn't be right.
    OH to top it off I tried on DS SHOES last night to make sure his easter shoes fit but did not try on his suit shirt... Well this morning I learned that the 4T shirts are to short in arm length.

He is very skinny so all summer he has been in 3T clothes since they are shorts and short sleeves so I had NO CLUE. This also means that all the winter clothes I have for him that are long sleeev in 4T he may not fit and they are brand new!!!!
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• So glad it all got done and that you can finally breathe again!

Andplusalso your kids are so DAMN CUTE!!!

December Siggy: Free for all!
    image imageimage

EDD: 12/12/14

Expected completion of dissertation: ?

• Thank you very much ladies :-)
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Cute kiddos! Kudos to you for your hard work for picture day, I probably would have just said 'oh well' at that point and planned for retakes!
  • @SereJane I DID contemplate retakes, lol but they give the school a discount so retakes and extra pictures outside of the package you put your order in for cost more (dang on rip off price wise to begin with, for just one childs package fro 12 pictures it was $29.00- to me thats not a deal specially since we have two kids that go there AND the class picture is seperate and thats another $8.00, thank goodness they are in the same class!!!)
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Ah, of course they would cost more!
  • Exactly thats why I was stressing it so much cuz $66 for pictures that they have one shot at lol that one shot had to count cuz that seems like a lot to me lol. I mean other than a huge family photo with parents and all the kids etc where the cost was split several ways I havent done professional pictures (other than wedding) so maybe it is really reasonable and I dont know it but it seemed pricey to us.
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• They look beautiful! Great job!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby girl due 12-13-14!

D14 October siggy challenge
                        DD two years ago, my adorable little pirate

• Oh my gosh, your children are adorable !!! Great job momma!
  • AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited August 2014
    @Babar78 it takes practice upon practice, when your DD is tired sit on the couch with her between your legs head on one of your legs or a pillow on your leg or something and watch a few movies to keep her occupied and just "work it out" most people find it easier if the child is asleep or tired they just go with it easier. I am MUCH better at it now that DS is 4yrs old but the first yr, the parts weren't great and the braids didnt stay to long. lol
    Only got a week out to them now if he puts a bed scraf on I can get 3 weeks out of a hair style. I'm not super fancy with styles but I can do a few. Plus when starting out you have to find a position that works for your hands since your training them to do something new. If you can do a regular braid at the end of a ponytail you CAN teach yourself to cornrow, I learned out of neccesity to do "something" with DS hair.
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Oh man. What a crazy day! But.. look how stinking cute they are are!!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • They look great and are adorable! 

• Ahh! Your kids are so cute :)
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Your kids are super cute! I can't even make a decent braid. My poor DD -- her hair is a hott mess. She *hates* having her head touched, so its a fight to get her hair brushed once a day. And you can forget about pony tails. She rips them right out. 

I'm impressed with your skills AND your kids willingness to leave their hair alone once you get it fixed!!
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cute pic and memories are worth it! I can imagine some of pics when I was younger and some that were not so great. 

• @DoctorWorm222 lol my son only doesnt touch it b/c I warn him we'll have to do it again!!! He does NOT wanna sit for that long to do it again. (I'll try to attach a picture later of the back of his hair).
    My DD on the other hand, seconds after that picture was taken I tied her hair wrap on her just to get to school with the four poytails she had and the barrett in the front and they were instructed to not take it off until right before the picture, she HATES ponytails.
    But oddly enough will sit still for the hair do to happen. I think that may only be b/c she follows suit with what my son does and I let her play with the bucket of hair accessories while I do her hair.
    But on a regular day she comes home from school looking a wreck... I never had the issue with my son when he was young and I put ponytails in his hair, he never bothered. He ONLY saving grace is theat her hair is really curly so even if she takes the ponytails out if your mussle it, it will look intentional, which thank goodness cuz otherwise I would be doing her hair multiple times a day.

@path75 I was totally the kid that my mom learned the first few pictures she had to braid my hair for picture day, my pitcures were the less than desirable ones lol it always looked like I had a full on gym class prior when really the pictures were the first thing you did in the day lol.
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Top of his hair.
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Awww! I'm a FTM so I have no advice but I know the feeling that you can't squeeze everything you want to in your day. Great job though! They look adorable :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Clearly it was alot of work and alot of last minute stress, but they look great!  Good job Mom!
    Pregnancy Ticker

It's a Boy!  Can't wait to meet the newest man in my life!  

BabyFetus Ticker

• I know you had a busy day, but THIS is the epitome of being a mom.  Only a bad ass momma could have pulled off everything you did in the amount of time you had to do it in and YOU are a bad ass momma. My fav part was when you said you didn't look your best but your kids looked cute! lol! And they look beautiful of course. (I also giggled when you said you ugly cried in the car because I feel like I do this almost daily driving the hour long trip from work to home) (SO tired)

I  have no idea how you are going to do all this with three kids, but I have no doubt you will pull it off with flying colors.  

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"