January 2015 Moms
Options

Toilets

This is totally random (and prob TMI) but my pregnant pee is staining the toilets in my house. I thought it was due to my prenatal vitamins with DS, but once I gave birth (and continued to take vitamins) it completely stopped and I forgot about it til now.

Anyone else having to clean their toilets multiple times per week?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toilets

• Options
    I have no experience with this, but have you tried dashing some vinegar in the bowl to help prevent stains?
  • Options
    If you have specifically a prenatal now and were taking a non-prenatal when the coloration stopped, check the levels of different things.  Perhaps it's the amount of a certain vitamin that is causing it?  I know B vitamins can deepen the yellow color of your pee.  And A can be orange-y (carotenes can cause yellow, orange, or red-ish coloring in things).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I did notice a ring in the master bath toilet. I think I will have to start between cleans.... we have a cleaning service, so I dont usually bother :-/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been taking the same prenatal vitamin for a few years now, so no changes there. I have been using extra strength bleach gel-type toilet bowl cleaners, but vinegar might be worth a try (it would def be cheaper)

Also, I did a quick google search and found an old babycenter thread w/ ladies complaining about this same problem... so I don't feel as crazy, even if I am the only one on this board noticing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"