Two Under 2

Breast Pump Insurance Question

When DD#2 was born I used my insurance to purchase my first Double Electric Pump (a Medela PISA with Tote) after DD#3 was born I bought new flanges, hoses etc and didn't think to try and put them on the insurance...I just got them at Target.

Does anyone know if buying them at the hospital lactation area would make those items allowed on my insurance? I would call and ask them but we're going onto a new policy effective 8/1/14 and don't have any of the policy or group numbers. I hate to buy a new pump just so my insurance will cover it when the other one works amazingly still!!
Me - J.R. - 05/1986
DH - J.I. - 08/1986
Married - 09/22/2006
DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
  DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!

Re: Breast Pump Insurance Question

• You should be able to get a whole new pump/set with each birth! I would call! I would just get the new one, its very possible after so much use the other could break down, and at least you have a back up. If not, you could give it to a friend who doesnt have insurance coverage for one
  • Yep- insurance should cover a new one. Definitely call and find out how as lots of insurances have guidelines on when/ where you can order from. I got a second pump w #2 and just kept one at work and one at home- it worked out really well!
    IMG_0663
  • Loading the player...
  • I called (and forgot to update anyone else who might be wondering) The lactation boutique at the hospital doesn't submit just the valves etc to insurance but the insurance pumps are no longer the WHOLE kit and caboodle (it's literally just the motor, tubes, horns etc-no bag) so I'll likely go that route since it's been almost 3 years with this one. 

I don't use it for anything but pumping extra and donating but it will be nice to know if I need a backup I can use it... and if I don't I'm sure I can find someone who needs one!!!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • I always thought it was "kitten caboodle" which makes no sense.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

Also yes, I would find out the distributor that accepts your insurance and get a new one each pregnancy.  They lose their "oomph" after a lot of use...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"