Toddlers: 24 Months+

Potty Training.... HELP!

My DS is 29 months and we started potty training about 4 days ago. We went with being naked and he did great the first 2 days, he was excited about underwear, the potty, trying to go, etc. He told me when he needed to go and went!

But then these past two days he hardly ever wants to try and I don't want to force him. So inevitably he has accidents, dosent matter if he's dressed or naked. And when he does he tells me then acts indifferent to it, like whatever, which is very frustrating. We talk and he says he won't potty in his pants when he wears them. But when I ask if he will tell me or go on the potty he consistently says no. He's even started asking for diapers again.

Sorry for the length I'm just at my wits end and I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Re: Potty Training.... HELP!

• Is he the kind of kid who is slow and cautious about most major milestones?

My daughter had already been using the potty successfully at nap and bedtime for months, was excited about undies, definitely ready physically, but when we made the switch to undies, she did it for 2 days, then started asking for diapers and refusing the potty. That lasted about a week, then she (without prompting) started asking for undies/potty again and was much more confident then. She's been in undies (except sleeping) since then. She has always been the kind of kid to take the approach of dip your toes in the water, then retreat back to safety for awhile before jumping in, so it didn't surprise me when she did the same with potty training.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ELF4321 said:
    Is he the kind of kid who is slow and cautious about most major milestones? My daughter had already been using the potty successfully at nap and bedtime for months, was excited about undies, definitely ready physically, but when we made the switch to undies, she did it for 2 days, then started asking for diapers and refusing the potty. That lasted about a week, then she (without prompting) started asking for undies/potty again and was much more confident then. She's been in undies (except sleeping) since then. She has always been the kind of kid to take the approach of dip your toes in the water, then retreat back to safety for awhile before jumping in, so it didn't surprise me when she did the same with potty training.
    Almost every kid I know has had a similar "regression" (2 steps forward, 1 step back) so I think it's a natural part of the process.  They all come around.  For us, we introduced pull-ups at night because at first he wasn't consistently waking throughout. Big mistake.  He loved pullups.  "Underwear you can pee in!"  He didn't want to wear anything else.  After 5 or 6 days he started wanting to wear underwear again.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"