December 2014 Moms

Weekly High-Risk Checkin 8/11

haleyusfhaleyusf member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms

This check in is for the ladies who are going to be December 2014 Momma's that have a high risk diagnosis.  There are many different reasons a mom can be high risk, and all are welcome to join us on our journey for us to remain healthy and the ultimate outcome of healthy babies.  If you are new to our check in, welcome! Please indicate why you are high risk, and I can add you to our list.

AbbeyP1982 (2nd PG, 2nd baby) - diabetes, HBP, SCH

Abenson3 (4th PG, 2nd baby) - RPL, unexplained PTL

Allfalldown14 (3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby) - history of PTL

AmyLou75 (1st pregnancy, twins!) - RPL, twins, Type 1.5 diabetes

AngelSong76 (2nd pregnancy) - 35+

AnonnAni (3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby) - history of IC/IUGR/low fluid

Ashtonkitty1 (1st pregnancy) - AMA, high BP

AuburnGirlSC (3rd baby) - 35+, DD has mosaic Turner's syndrome

Babycakes0408 - HBP, Type 2 diabetes, history of PTL

BankerBSN (3rd pregnancy, 1st baby) - bilateral pulmonary emboli

BBnut (4th pregnancy, 2nd baby) - unexplained growth restriction, compromised blood flow

Beachy6 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - prev. cervical surgery, low prog, bed rest

Beckykristula (1st pregnancy, twins!) - autoimmune disease, twins

Berbaralane23 (3rd pregnancy, 1st baby) - low progesterone, loss

Blehl1088 (1st PG) - previous duodenal switch surgery

Bluebird00 - 35+, autoimmune disease, chronic illness

Bowlwoman (3rd pregnancy) - diabetes, 35+, PCOS, low progesterone

Bruton8288 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - anticoagulant lupus, late term loss

Caden1206 (4th pregnancy, 3rd baby) - incompetent cervix

Cebarbarisi (2nd PG, 1st baby) - early placental detachment, IC, blood disorder

Cgcounclll (1st pregnancy) - 2 untreated brain aneurysms

Chappsrivera (2nd PG, 1st baby) - omphalocele

Cheekers2010 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - Type 2 Diabetes

Cmlandon (1st PG, 1st and 2nd babies) - twins

Dreacwaters (1st PG) - placenta previa

Emilyrmalia (1st PG) - fertility issues from DH's side

Goatlady12 (1st pregnancy) - autoimmune disease

Haleyusf (4th pregnancy, 2nd baby) - lupus, history of preterm labor

Hufflepuff42 (1st pregnancy) - pre-existing HBP

Invisiblework - stillbirth, recurrent pregnancy loss

Jayellekay (5th pregnancy, 2nd baby) - autoimmune, recurrent pregnancy loss

JKentW (1st pregnancy) - AMA, irregular bleeding, modified bedrest

Jmfreud (1st pregnancy) - Factor V and MTHFR, cervical surgeries

JunkieBrewster (2nd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - AMA, Behcets disease

Kelnyc (2nd pregnancy) - 35+, Previous Placenta Abruption

Kim1730 (3rd pregnancy) - blood condition, Pre-E, placental abruption

Kimba1976 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - fibroids

Kimmykb25 (1st pregnancy) - risk of pre-E/IUGR/preterm labor

Klh10100 (1st PG) - Factor V Leiden w/ clot, possible heart defect

Kristinerenee (1st pregnancy) - diabetes

KSwitz011 - HBP, GD, septate uterus

Laceyd2014 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - diabetes

LAWAMF (1st PG) - omphalocele

Lcareccia (2nd PG, 2nd baby) - clotting disorder, history of blood clots, history of pre-e

Lesliem0901 (1st pregnancy) - 35+, FTP

Lia1127 (5th pregnancy, 5th baby) - 35+, PCOS, one kidney

Lingerr (3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby) - 35+, history of GD

Maere (1st pregnancy) - seizure disorder

Missmissie82 (3rd PG, 2nd baby) - PCOS/Endo, PreE, PTL, HG, IUGR

Mrsroberson (4th PG, 3rd baby) - gestation hypertension

NandaB (3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby) - confirmed Down Syndrome

Nesenotes (2nd pregnancy) - GD, placenta previa

Nhaley29 (2nd pregnancy, 1st baby) - previous heart surgery

PhDMomma (2nd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - history of preterm labor

Possitivethoughts (5th pregnancy, 3rd baby) - autoimmune disease

RaeChay (2nd PG, 1st baby) - previous late term loss

RN536 (6th PG, 3rd baby) - Factor V Leiden, AMA, autoimmune disease

Roleanagrant (2nd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - history of preterm labor

Roo1582 (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - GD, genetic disorder

Saaustin97 - 35+, incompetent cervix

SCSmith2011 (1st pregnancy) - 35+

Sdudley22 (3rd PG, 1st baby) - uterus didelphys, 1 kidney, stillborn @ 20 wks b/c IC/PPROM

SereJane (1st pregnancy, 1st and 2nd baby) - identical twins

Skidderoo (2nd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - history of pre-term labor, SCH

SoxFan777 (4th pregnancy, 2nd baby) - 35+, history of GD, fibroids

Spikedscrubs (1st pregancy, 1st baby) - unicornuate uterus, one kidney

Summersunshine916 (2nd pregnancy, 2nd baby) - HEG, asthma, endo

Susan2685 (2nd baby) - parasitic infection

Trishhermann - recurrent losses, history of cervical cancer

Tylane - shortened cervix, PTL risk, possible chromosomal abnormalities

Vrae0606 (5th PG, 1st baby) - history of preterm labor, short cervix

VioletSkies (2nd pregnancy) - Pre-E, HEG

1.  How far along are you now?

2.  Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc?

3.  How are your symptoms?

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick?

DS born 10/22/2008
DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
m/c @4wks 3/2014

Re: Weekly High-Risk Checkin 8/11

• 1.  How far along are you now? Will be 22 weeks tomorrow

2.  Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc? Finally found a new rheumatologist (had been high and dry since the move) and have my first appt scheduled for September; that will be a massive blood letting! Last time I had a full rheumatology panel done, it was 9 vials of blood, and not the small ones. It should coincide with my 28 week OB appt; I was going to try and do them together since they are in the same building, but since the 28wk is my glucose test and rhogam shot, I think I'll space them out a bit :/

3.  How are your symptoms? Pretty good; nausea is back here and there but not too bad. Mostly at night again. 

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick? When I was a kid, I wanted my name to be Emily, and then as an adult, I've gone between Elizabeth and Sophie. Never liked my own name, but I just haven't cared enough to actually change it.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• 1.  How far along are you now?  21 weeks 3 days

2.  Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc?  I have been bad at checking in, I had an appointment a couple of weeks ago and the SCH seems to have slowed down a little and they aren't as concerned about it.  My blood sugars are bouncing all over the place again, I will told by my high risk doctor that is normal in the second trimester but it is super annoying, so having to keep an eye on that.  I have my next appointment next Thursday! :)

3.  How are your symptoms?  The only symptoms that I can complain about right now is hip pain and ligament stretching pain in the middle of the night.  I sleep with a pillow between my legs and just can't get comfortable!  UGH, this is my least favorite part of pregnancy! :)

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick?  I have always liked my name because when I was little no one else had it, now it is popular! :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @KSwitz011 - he's going to be 6 in a couple months. At first he was "V-Spy" b/c his name is Vincent. Now it's Blader; I convinced him that was a good spy name and now he doesn't want to tell other people about it so that he can stay incognito. Hysterical on "Dragon" for your LO!

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• @RN536 - hope your rheumy can help get your AI issues under control. I've been blessed that my lupus has been in a medicated remission for the last 8 months. My OB is concerned about me flaring after delivery, but for the time being, I'm hanging in there. Just thankful I was able to stay on my plaquenil during this pregnancy; I think without it I'd be in much worse shape.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• 1. How far along are you now?
    20w 4d

2. Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc?
    Had a u/s with mfm last week, they are very happy with how the girls are growing! They saw everything anatomically they wanted to see and said it all looks great so that was good to hear. My next u/s is next Tuesday.

3. How are your symptoms?
    Pregnancy brain is real! I am so forgetful.
    I've been having a hard time sleeping. DH thinks it's anxiety that's making it hard to sleep. I think it's that and possibly that I've been allowing myself more caffeine lately. I'll cut back again and see how I sleep.
    Also, I get really sweaty. Ugh

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick?
    No, I have a pretty unique name but I've always liked it.
  • 1.  How far along are you now? I am 22 wks 4 days

2.  Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc? Had a doctor appointment today we went over the plan for RH, Steroid shots, weekly BPP & NST. The closer I get to 28 weeks the more often I will be seen. They are monitoring me like a hawk! 

3.  How are your symptoms? Haven't had a lupus flare up in about a month now. Keeping up with all my meds as usual. 

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick? I like my name, I haven't meet another person by the name of Omayma. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1.  How far along are you now?

21weeks 2 days

2.  Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc?
    had appointment today, cervix looks long and not funneling. Won't do another measurement till two more weeks was just checking to make sure there was no funnel today after the last measurement 2weeks agom

3.  How are your symptoms?
    None

I wanted to change my name to "savings" when I was younger b/c a girl I knew with that name could cart wheel and I thought if my name was "savings" I would be able to cartwheel too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• *thumbs up* let's keep chugging along ladies!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Can you change my name from kayhold to JunkieBrewster?
  • Savings lol
  • @NandaB - I've been feeling the same soreness/tightness towards the end of the day; thinking it's a growth spurt thing with baby. My belly button is full on flat by the end of the day now and just a few days ago that wasn't the case. Little one is bulking up!

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• NandaB said:

Hi all!

1. I'll be 21 weeks Thursday. I'm officially over halfway done being pregnant!!

2. I have my 2nd appt with the fetal diagnostician this afternoon. He will be doing an ultrasound to check baby's heart for any abnormalities as well as his/her digestive system. Thinking positive that everything still looks good. He is also monitoring my placenta previa. Here's hoping it has migrated up!

3. I've been feeling extra sore/tightness by the end of the day most days. I'm pretty sure its my body's way of telling me to slow down, but other than that I'm doing pretty well.

4. Yes! My name is super common. I once had a class in high school with 3 other
    Amandas. My alternative choice varied though. For a while I loved Samantha, then I wanted to be hawaiian (think Ailani, Kelani...)

Good luck today!
  • 20+5

A/S Friday was great!  Baby is growing perfectly.  Currently borderline low-lying placenta, so get another u/s in 4 weeks.  I had this with DD#1 and it moved no issues, so currently I am not stressing about it!!  Oh yeah, and baby is a girl!!

Just feeling lots of kicks which is really nice!!

I have a super common name, but don't think I every really picked out a name that I would have rather had.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ashtonkitty1‌ I hope your BP stays down.
  • @RN536 - It helps a ton; I was flaring every 3 weeks or so before I started it and now I really have none. Getting the dosage right can be tricky; my rheumy started me on 400mg daily and that was way too much. I was passing out and dizzy all day. I stopped it thinking it was just a reaction to the drug in general and not the dosage and went back to feeling bad. Then my rheumy realized that it was probably just the wrong dose and I worked up to 200mg per day and have been doing really well on it. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to see the ophthalmologist every 6 months at first (every year after the first couple years) to rule out ophthalmic side effects, but otherwise, I've been doing well. Recent research shows it's safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding so I've continued it and will likely be on it forever.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• caden1206caden1206 member
    edited August 2014
    1. How far along are you now?21w5d

2. Any updates - doctors appointments, ultrasounds, labwork, etc? Had my appointment today and cervix is 4.4cm with no sign funneling or bleeding. Baby boy is head down now and I pray he stays that way. He weighs 1lb1oz. Overall a great appointment. Plus, my OB said it is an excellent idea that I have a birth photographer.
    3. How are your symptoms? I feel great. I have been walking which I think helps. Still gaining weight, but oh well. I have been a bit hungrier lately. Must have chocolate chip cookies!!!

4. (Inspired by DS who wants to change his name to Blader) Have you ever wanted to change your name? If so, what would you pick? I have never wanted to change my name, but if I did I think I would want something unique. I do wish I didn't have my nickname and everyone called me by my real name. It is just hard to pronounce, so I get my nickname.
  • @caden1206 -- so glad your appointment went well!

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"