October 2012 Moms
Options

It's Tuesday!

Whatcha got? I got a diet coke with my name on it (literally!), some delicious yellow grape tomatoes, and a morning free of children! Emmett has his first day of MDO  today and went in screaming. He was mad he didn't get to go on the playground. He's going to scream every time I take him in since the playground is on our way into the building, but oh well. MOMMY TIME, my friends...MOMMY TIME.

Here's a pic of the cutie before getting in the car to head to school.
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: It's Tuesday!

• Options
    @Rachelilly23 enjoy your well deserved mommy time! Hopefully drop off wont be to bad once he starts going a few times!

I was in such a hurry this morning trying to get out of the house on time I forgot my lunch.  So now I'm thinking about what is for lunch even though it is only 9 am. I'm not even hungry yet, but that is all I'm thinking about!

• Options
    I can hear the rain on the gutter just outside mu window. I could stay in bed all day.

We have to do some grocery shopping today. My fridge is pretty empty right now. Pretty sure lunch options are dill pickles and soy sauce.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Rachelilly23‌ I LOVE the yellow tomatoes!!

Appraisal is incomplete because the water wasn't on in the house. More waiting :(

B woke up at 1:28 am crying "mommy mommy open it. Open it. Please open it" over and over again. I was hoping she'd get whatever she wanted opened and I wouldn't have to get up (it couldn't been a container of icing or a sharpie she smuggled in, didn't matter) but she didn't. I went in and she was still asleep. She must've been dreaming. Poor little cutie.

• Options
    This Robin Williams thing really bothers me because I hate to see that even someone with unlimited resources lost to this disease. My brother is manic also and it's really hard to watch him tear himself down.

• Options
    @BabyCarryingVessel‌
    As someone who has had depression and been suicidal I know that resources make no difference. People who are dealing with depression don't think logically. They have little to no self esteem and don't believe they are worth saving or they might be in so much pain that they don't want to go on living.

The only reason I'm still here today was because a boyfriend noticed the cuts on my arm and went to the guidance counselor even though I begged and made him promise not to.
  • Options
    Congrats @wonknessmonster! So glad baby is coming along!

• Options
    @wonknessmonster that's great!!  And silly Mr. Wonknessmonster.  :)  

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I went to the grocery store at 8:45 this morning in yoga pants and a big t-shirt.  I gave exactly zero fucks.  Luckily it's the trashy grocery store I went to, so I was so not the only shlumpy one there. ;) LOL  Now I may or may not be eating Beefaroni straight out of the can.  Because I am a klassy mo-fo, dangit!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnA said:

I went to the grocery store at 8:45 this morning in yoga pants and a big t-shirt.  I gave exactly zero fucks.  Luckily it's the trashy grocery store I went to, so I was so not the only shlumpy one there. ;) LOL  Now I may or may not be eating Beefaroni straight out of the can.  Because I am a klassy mo-fo, dangit!

1) beefaroni sounds amazing right now

2) there was a couple on the radio and the guy was complaining because his GF moved in and she doesn't wear makeup and do her hair every single day for him. And she went to the grocery store in sweatpants (how dare she!). Douche. Bag.

• Options
    @stephcarter It's amazing how much better you get to know someone when you live with them.  That poor woman.  I'd kick that dude to the curb pretty much immediately.  

Now, yes.  It's good to keep yourself up, and throw on some mascara every once in a while so your husband doesn't start looking at you like a total slob.  But come on, now.  

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I go to the grocery store in soft pants pretty much always. Did it today, plus zero makeup and a clip in my hair bc I was too lazy to do anything with it. Meh.
    Tonight should be interesting. MH called me to inform me he's stopping on his way home to hang out with his buddy. Fine. Except tonight is SS's school registration and H already promised he'd do it because I am not down with taking both girls during what should be supper / bedtime and having them both melt down while we wait in lines. Nope. Not doing it. So right now it's almost 530. They stop letting people into the school at 630. It's a 15 minute drive.
  • Options
    Talk to me about pouches. I only gave A pouches when she was on baby food. Now she has applesauce in a pouch as a snack when we are out, and I just bought a mango peach mix because it was on sale. I feel like im going backwards! Especially since I am considering pouched veggies as a possible alternative to her leaving uneaten veggies on her plate at supper. Am I going backwards?

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Just found out today DH may be getting extended on this deployment 2-4 weeks. 2 weeks isn't that big of a deal, but good god, please not a month. I cried myself to sleep after that conversation.

On the plus side, I bought two size 6 dresses in the past week. This has never happened before in my adult life. I'm still over 20 lbs away from my goal.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    I am having the most bizarre realistic phantom kicks right now. Totally brought me back to when I was growing my wee ones.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm beyond stressed out DS1 is starting kindergarten.  It is crazy - he went to daycare and pre-k and he even went to speech therapy at his elementary school for 2.5 year.  I have no idea why I'm so stressed about it.  I feel like a crazy person.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would love some handy helpers to help me around the house. Mickey has it all figured out.

• Options
    @scrumpfy‌ how'd the school registration go?

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Yow @Wanderingstars23, that sounds so scary. The paramedics sound less than helpful. How was the rest of your night? Has C settled down?

Gas cramps can be incredibly sore and they can also come and go suddenly - could it have been that? (If she was pulling up her legs.) I also know that NOBODY touches me when I have stomach ache - it just gives me the heebie jeebies to be touched.

And um, you don't throw a tantrum from nothing in the middle of the night.

I hope the rest of your night was peaceful. Let us know. Hugs.
  • Options
    @wanderingstars23 OMG how scary!! (Hugs) Did you lose your shit at the paramedics?

Soundsblike (in my non medical internet stranger opinion) she may have had a night terror. My nephew used to have them as a toddler and they were traumatic for all involved. :(

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @WanderingStars23‌ b freaks like that sometimes, where she won't let anyone touch her, in the middle of the night. And usually it's because something's hurting her. Like her ears or her belly. Once she finally calms down, she tells me what hurts every time. It's scary. And I usually end up crying myself.

Well last nights 1:30am "mommmmmyyyyy" call was because she had a boogie. I sent in DH. Mistake. Because his solution is to put her in bed with us. And she wanted her green ball (one of the big super balls from the quarter machine at old navy) so he gave it to her. She tossed and turned and picked at that ball for hours in my bed. I thought she was picking at her nails. There are tiny ball pieces everywhere in my bed now. Then at 3:30am she started screaming "I can't reach it" over and over again. No clue wtf she was talking about. Then she passed back out. What does this kid dream of?!?

• Options
    @WanderingStars23‌ how scary. So glad that everyone is ok. sorry the paramedics were not very helpful. Big hugs for you!

• Options
    @WanderingStars23‌
    Holy shit, that's scary. I hope the rest of your night/ morning was better. My C has done that a few times, and it turned out she had an ear infection and the pain woke her up and she flipped out, I guess.

@CnAnA‌
    He got home at 610 and made it to school with 5 min to spare. SS was all kinds of pissy with him. But they survived.
  • Options

@wanderingstars23, I would have done the same exact thing. That sounds terrifying.

@mbm1983, I don't mean to sound weird, but I had a dream that you were having twins! I even woke up thinking it was funny that you were having twins, then I realized it was only a dream. Haha! I think it's because I was reading the bump right before going to bed so I had it on the brain. Now I'm going to be freaked out if there are two in there. :) Go get an ultrasound, stat!

• Options
    mbm1983 said:
    @BabyCarryingVessel‌ , Don't Think that! Hubby actually is hoping for twins because he wants 3 and I have told him flat out no more than 2. We're done after this pregnancy. I dunno why, being a twin obviously didn't work out well for him. Him and his brother never hung out and we don't even have contact with him now.
    Having twins sort of scares me.  My doctor told me I am higher risk because my mom had twins and because I am in my 30's. But if it is twins at least there are some awesome twim mommies here you can get some great advice from!

• Options
    Stefanie and mbm, it just seems like more and more people are having twins IRL. In my close group alone, we have three sets. All of our other friends are wondering who's next and they're afraid to TTC!

• Options
    Stefanie and mbm, it just seems like more and more people are having twins IRL. In my close group alone, we have three sets. All of our other friends are wondering who's next and they're afraid to TTC!
    I'm also afraid of that and it is probably the reason why we are not trying super hard right now at TTC.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"