Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Toys on vacation?

We are going away next week for five days and I was wondering what you moms thought about bringing some toys from home on vacation with us? We are going to a all inclusive family resort in pennsylvania that we are driving to, we will be very entertained but im just thinking about down time in our room and which toys I should bring. I'm def going to bring a few books, coloring books and her two favorite "babies"  but do you guys have any ideas or thoughts for other toys/things to bring?

Re: Toys on vacation?

• Options
    When we go to the beach, I typically take a little basket of toys for the room.  Blocks, matchbox cars, maybe a few puzzles.  Honestly, exploring the room tends to be plenty of entertainment but if you have room, I don't think it's a bad idea to take a few things.
  • Options
    I would totally bring a few items. Even though you're going to busy there is still going to be time spent in the room and it will help distract LO if she has something to play with while you get ready. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to the beach last week and I just went to the dollar tree to pick up a couple new toys before we left.  This was mostly toys they could play with in the car as well.  Coloring books, books, toys cars, balls, and microphones.  They both like to "sing".  
  • Options
    I would take what you have room for. New toys that they haven't seen before are a good idea, too. Puzzles, blocks, etc. DD loves to play dress up with her dolls in the car. Books are good, too.
  • Options
    Magnetic books, Playdoh, cars and puzzles are all hits with our kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AnanyawAnanyaw member
    edited August 2014
    A year ago i went to vacation to India, i took some toys, coloring pages https://www.momjunction.com/articles/bugs-bunny-coloring-pages-little-one_0084653/, comic books to read from amazon. this helped me a lot to keep my kid busy through out the vacation 
  • Options
    We just went on a 2 week vacation to visit family and brought a couple of books, her favorite stuffed animals, and 2 toys: a little play laptop and a set of wooden tools my DD (21 months) loves. Like PPs said, exploring the area will be more entertaining but having something for wind-down time is good. She barely played with the toys we brought but we read books all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"