January 2015 Moms
Options

Sorelle crib

I'm having a hard time figuring out which crib to buy and have my heart pretty set on an $800 crib from pottery barn but can't bring myself to spend that much money. I want a convertible crib and looked at the sorelle providence crib in white. Does anyone have any experience with this crib? Any advice would be great! Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    I don't have specific advice for this crib but will offer a few thoughts. First, the baby is in the crib for 3 years max. Our daughter was in a toddler bed before age 2. I have a friend who bought an entire PBK nursery ($4K) and the baby NEVER slept in that room! She was a preemie and had to sleep close by her parents in the beginning. Then she wouldn't sleep away from them. Is it worth $800 to you for that short of a time? Second, have you looked at Burlington and other discount places? You may find a crib with a similar style for a lot less. Craigslist may also offer a steal for you. My friend with the preemie, she sold her $1200 PBK crib, never used, for $400 on there.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    The baby will not use the furniture for very long. $800 is a lot to spend for 2-3 years. My personal opinion is that there are much better things I could spend $800 on. Your baby is not going to know that you bought him or her an expensive crib. Cheaper ones can be just as reliable and safe. If you have the money to blow, go for it. Ultimately, it's your money - your choice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not necessarily true that the baby won't use the furniture long. My niece is almost 5 and she's still using her nursery furniture - two dressers, a bookshelf, and the crib/bed. The crib did convert to a toddler bed, but it also converts to a headboard for a double bed which is what she uses now.

That said, her crib did not cost $800. You can buy good quality durable furniture for less than that. However, if you have the money to spend and you love it - go for it!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Options
    That is the crib we are looking at, too. I really like it. I think a good crib is a good investment if you either plan on using it for all of your children or you plan on using it as a double. My son has a convertible crib. He is still in his crib, and he is almost 2.5. His furniture is nice, and it should last him a long time. Possibly until high school/college.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Firefly3911‌ I agree! A convertible crib could last a long time! We got one for LO. She's started to climb out of her crib, so we are converting it to a toddler bed soon. We are going to purchase the same one for this baby.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Am I the only one who thinks crib slats at the end of a kid's/teenager's bed looks strange?
    We bought a convertible crib for DD and only used it as a crib.  She has a twin sized bed now.  But you could buy a really nice crib AND a really nice full size bed for less than $800.  And the bed wouldn't look like a converted crib.   
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    Make sure that you put a fleece teething protector on the front rail of that $800 crib or it's going to look like a beaver chewed it. Kids love nawing on cribs.
  • Options
    I have 2 children now that both moved out of their cribs at around 2 yrs. I put them in a twin / full size bed with rails since the toddler bed seems so small.
    I would highly recommend a consignment shop crib, save the money for a nice bedroom set when they are of school age and friends start to come over/sleep over, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"