Attachment Parenting

Questions re: Kinderpack /wearing toddlers

Hi there. I used to post here a little under my old SN when my twins were infants (they're now 15 months) but haven't been on here in a while. I hope you don't mind if I ask a question.

I think my girls are outgrowing our Ergo and Beco Gemini so I've been checking out the Tula and kinderpack online. There doesn't seem to be any BWI meetings close to me at convenient times (I work, plus the meetings I could get to fall during naptime).

Right now I do a lot of hip carry in my Gemini. I think I read that the Kinderpack allows a hip carry, is that true? Would I even want to do a hip carry with a 2 or 3 year old?

Also, the carrier should have a wide enough seat that it supports them from knee to knee, right? I saw one blogger's pics that didn't look like that was the case; her 2 year old was in a standard kinderpack and it was only hitting mid-thigh. That's pretty much where the ergo/Gemini are now hitting and that is what's making me think they're outgrowing them.

If the seat should extend to the knee, and I have tall girls (one is long-legged, the other has a longer torso), will the standard kinderpack still fit until about 3 years old?

And how on earth do you buy one of these things? My research so far indicates that it might be easier to purchase a miracle youth elixir than a kinderpack...

Thank you!

Eta: ok, now that I read the last comment on the other BW toddlers thread, and the link it gave, I feel a little better about my current carriers' fit. But I still don't feel like one of my girls is very secure in the Gemini. She's 99th %ile for height and she seems to lean in it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Questions re: Kinderpack /wearing toddlers

• Knee to knee matters less for toddlers, but it's always nice and the deeper the seat, the more comfy your toddler will be for long wears.

If you look at the KP website, you'll find the stats for how to choose the right size for your child. The toddler KPs are pretty big, and most kids will fit in a standard for a long time. I have used both a standard and toddler KP with DS (who is a small almost-3yo @ 25ish lbs), and he fits fine in both, but he's a little short for the toddler.

KPs are hard to get these days. They stock on Thursdays and you have to buy fast because they sell out almost immediately. They're a pretty hot commodity. Many people just order whatever KP they can get into their cart and order fast enough, and then they trade for what they wanted online. It's kind of silly. There's a Kinderpack B/S/T Facebook group you can join where you can find KPs to buy.

Best of luck!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"