1st Trimester
Options

Concern

Hello Mommies, 
I found out I'm pregnant via home pregnancy test. As of today, I'm 5W 4D . I am very nervous about it being a viable pregnancy. Unfortunately, I have had  2 miscarriages last year and so nervous about this pregnancy. I have no one to talk to yet because it's still too early to tell anyone...like I did last year. I feel alone but just want to be safe this time. All I pray for is a healthy pregnancy. I am also scared because I have a 1.5 year old toddler still sleeping in our bed. It frustrates me too because he moves around and at times kicks me on my body. Of course I cover up but still, it makes me nervous that I'm stressing out and afraid it could harm the development of the embryo, etc...  My first prenatal appointment is scheduled for next Friday 8/9.. at which it's only a confirmation of pregnancy appt.. =(
Anyone could offer some advice to calm my nerves? 
Thanks  in advance

Re: Concern

• Options

Congratulations!

Firstly, make your mantra "today I am pregnant and I love my baby"  you don't know what's coming tomorrow but try to be happy about today.

Secondly, we all worry about miscarriage.  I don't think any Momma can honestly say they've never worried about it.  You've suffered losses but all you can do is take care of yourself and stay as positive as you can.  Contact your doctor and ask to speak to one of the nurses, maybe one of them can ease your mind.  At the very least make sure they're aware of your losses so they can decide what special course of treatment, if any, you should pursue.

Thirdly, at this stage, your toddler kicking your stomach can't really do any harm.  At 5 weeks, the fetus is SO small it's unlikely anything your child does will even register.  I'm not criticizing your choice to have the 1.5 year old in the bed with you, but you might want to rethink that plan before this pregnancy progresses further.

I really wish you the best, I hope this is the sticky baby you've been waiting for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!

I also have had losses and am now at 12+4 with my current pregnancy. I mc 2 weeks before getting pregnant so I know how nerve wracking it is. I tell myself that worrying wont change anything and to not borrow trouble. Also, that the chances of carrying to term are way higher then miscarrying.

As for getting kicked, I wouldn't be too worried at this point baby is well protected. I fell off a hammock (my stupid hubs didn't put it on right and the pole fell apart while I was on it) and landed VERY hard on my side/stomach when I was 6 weeks. I was terrified but the doctor said its pretty hard to hurt the baby at this stage.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    526SadieSadie and Alygohome :

Thank You so much for your encouraging words. Honestly, reading your responses have made me feel better today. I truly appreciate you taking time to listen to me and offering your moral support. I will do my very best to stay positive throughout this early stage. It really does help to talk about it so thank you both so much! 
    And yes, we are definitely working on getting our son out of our bed. Literally last night, I made him sleep in his room with his daddy. A work in progress but we will get there. 

Thank You again so much. It is easier to tell someone else to not worry so much that tell yourself. 
  • Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from! I have had a total of 4 miscarriages. The last one was 3 1/2 years ago. SO here I am again! I constantly worry. I freak out about every little thing. Every time I go to the bathroom I inspect the toilet paper because I'm scared there will be blood there. But so far all is well. After each day passes that just means I'm just that much farther along. Try and keep yourself busy so you don't sit an think all these thoughts that creep up. Stay positive! I know that is easier sad than done but its really important. Good Luck!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pammiejean40 ;

Thank you for your input. I've been doing the same thing...checking the toilet paper each time. I will try my best to stay busy and distract myself from analyzing too much. Good Luck to you too!! =)
  • Options
    We have a 5 year old, 2 year old, and a dog in our bed with us. A little kick from a 1 year old is nothing lol. Don't stress over it but if it's concerning you sleep with your back to him or you could sleep you-your SO- then baby. But yeah, moving him out isn't a bad plan, were working on it with our toddler too.

Your fears are normal. I've been in the same boat. Just try to enjoy each day. Hugs.
  • Options
    Just had my first ultrasound for this pregnancy. The sac was empty. No baby found therefore no heart beat. This is going to be my 3rd missed miscarriage. I'm losing hope....
  • Options
    *hugs* so sorry for your loss
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"