March 2015 Moms

I'm only happy when it rains

I can't sleep so I am starting Tuesday's random thread. Bring out your random!

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I'm only happy when it rains

• Good morning there fellow insomniac!!! I have a snoring dog and a snoring husband that I'm extremely jealous of cause they're sleeping and I sadly am not.
  • Space camp...definitely
  • Loading the player...
  • Take the Winnebago!

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and thought of something random I wanted to post on here and now I forgot. Awesome.
  • I have been super nauseous all night at work. I have also been holding back tears. I just feel so terrible about Robin Williams death, but then I have emotions of happiness because my little munchkin is growing and my first appointment, while dull, was still a good appointment.

I just have a ton of emotions. It sucks, I just want to say fuck it!

I also want a breakfast burrito.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pennyprettypennypretty member
    edited August 2014

@jm0848 I've heard you could actually get one of those Space Balls Winnebagos...so yes, you're in luck.

Is anyone else legitimately upset about Robin Williams? I am not someone who usually cares about celebrity happenings but this one really saddens me. I think the last time I actually was this upset over a celebrity death was Heath Ledger. ( @almeyer2013 I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling all the feels today, I should have read everything before I typed this.)

ETA: fix tags.

ETA again: I just realized there's an entire post about Robin Williams, maybe I shouldn't post so early in the morning...brain not functioning yet...

BabyFruit Ticker

"Serious is only something you have to be until you can be silly again."
  • @jm0848 I've heard you could actually get one of those Space Balls Winnebagos...so yes, you're in luck.

Is anyone else legitimately upset about Robin Williams? I am not someone who usually cares about celebrity happenings but this one really saddens me. I think the last time I actually was this upset over a celebrity death was Heath Ledger. ( @almeyer2013 I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling all the feels today, I should have read everything before I typed this.)

ETA: fix tags.

Omg... Heath!!! That broke my heart too!! To be honest, it's hard for me to really be upset about a celebrities death, for more than selfish reasons.

Damnit, we won't have any more Heath Ledgar films. Mrs. Doubtfire part 2 won't happen.

I just feel sorry for Robin Williams that someone like him, who made so many people laugh, had such a darkness in him that made him want to end it all. Robin Williams, was so alone in his depression. Just makes you think about others who have suffered. Look at Britney Spears? She went bat shit cray.

I officially don't know where I am going with this?

I am hungry.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jenny0314‌ yes!!! I watched it so much, the tape stopped working.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I woke up at 5:30 and figured Id just make H lunch since I couldn't fall back asleep. I always heard pregnant women sleep all the time, so why the hell can't I keep even my usual sleep routine? I don't wanna be up this early! The worst part is some days I'm like okay I'll just wake up and be useful and within an hour I'm absolutely exhausted again. Like now.

Today my friend and I are going out to trader joes. I had to cancel last time at 6 weeks cause I was just too damn sick. I'm excited. Her and her H have been TTC and I really hope she gets good news soon. She's being so sweet about being excited for me but I don't bring it up unless she does.

Also guys a problem: what's the term for being 11 weeks in 2 days?! You can't use 2da!!

I felt like this was a diary entry. Im all over the place lol
  • Oh man, Garbage! This song was my jam! I slept horribly last night and had strange Harry potter dreams when I was sleeping. I have a ton to so today and my motivation is shake shack burgers for lunch with a strawberry milk shake.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have my first apt u/s this afternoon
    I'm so so nervous :( if anyone's got some extra positive vibes this morning to spare, please send them my way !!

Also I'm obsessed with smiley faced fries! Found yet another carb I can't get enough of. Great.

Sawyer is going to be a BIG SISTER!!
    BFP 7/19 EDC 4/1

• My brother is ignoring me. Not even just ignoring me, but actually walks away if I'm near him. Long story short, he got his friend with benefits pregnant. I found out (the girl told me) and tried to be there for him for support, but he pushed me away. He thinks I ran and told our mother about it and apparently hates me and won't forgive me. He ignores my daughter if she's with me too. It's really pissing me off and if he's going to act like this at her party this weekend (assuming he even shows up) I'm going to tell his ass to leave.

• Good Luck at your ultrasound @mrsigoe sending positive vibes.

I am drinking lots of water for my ultrasound in a hour and it is making me nauseous. I dislike drinking water so much.

It's going to be a nap type of day today. 

• @adouces06 I'm not sure about your office but in mine there are definitely some guys who sit at their desks icing or heating sports injuries. I'd say bring your heating pad!

@mrslgoe Sending you good juju!

WTF @missycee that's ridiculous. Why can't people just behave like ADULTS?!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @adouces06‌ I have that pain too! I thought it was sciatica but did some research and apparently unless you already had sciatica you're very unlikely to develop it during pregnancy. Apparently that lower back/butt/leg pain is PGP, pelvic girdle pain. According to the internet there's not much that can really be done to relieve it except give birth ha
  • Ditto to the insanely loud snoring. On the couch I was exhausted and almost sleeping....until we went to bed. I hate it when he falls asleep first! lol.

• I'm slightly, maybe really, jealous of all the ladies who can nap. I have a 7y, 5y, & 22mo. I sometimes get to sit down for a few minutes when my littlest is napping.

On the flip side, I think I'm so used to being tired and/or exhausted that this pregnancy fatigue isn't as unmanageable as it was the first time. With my first, I would take a nap in my car during my lunch hour & then go to bed by 7 every night.

@mrsIgoe‌, good luck today at your u/s.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MauiBliss‌ we have to drive an hour away to go to TJ's!! So we usually only go every 2 months or so and I try to stock up. It also helps that whole foods, lulu lemon, panera bread, anthropologie, pottery barn, sephora, Nordstrom, j crew and a few other stores not in our area are out there.
  • MauiBliss said:

janda426 said:

@MauiBliss‌ we have to drive an hour away to go to TJ's!! So we usually only go every 2 months or so and I try to stock up. It also helps that whole foods, lulu lemon, panera bread, anthropologie, pottery barn, sephora, Nordstrom, j crew and a few other stores not in our area are out there.

Uh, lululemon and anthropologie are across the street from my apartment. I am in denial and pretending they're not open yet so I don't go in and bankrupt us. 

---end quote---

That would 100% be the cause of death to our bank account. Maybe it's a good thing I have to drive an hour away to get to these places haha
  • @MauiBliss‌ never ate PB&J and potato chip sandwich..... Sounds kind of good at the moment!
  • To the ladies with snoring partners...it's all about the earplugs. Luckily DH's apnea is under control now but he used to shake the house...now sometimes I have to check he's still breathing he's so quiet.

@mauibliss Sorry the nurse didn't have more productive news, hanging in there hon.

BabyFruit Ticker

• klax4klax4 member
    edited August 2014
    I called in sick today. I didn't sleep a wink last night either. I was so nauseous all night. Couldn't get comfortable then got frustrated because I couldn't get comfortable then my mind wouldn't turn off.

Some loser on my Facebook talked about how selfish suicide is and how the media shouldn't pay attention to the Robin Williams story when there are "real tragedies" happening. Fuck you buddy. Who are youI to tell me what qualifies as a tragedy. I couldn't even comment because he obviously has no fucking clue and anything I wrote would have been lost on him anyways. Ummmmm. Unfriend!

BabyFruit Ticker

• MissyCee said:

My brother is ignoring me. Not even just ignoring me, but actually walks away if I'm near him. Long story short, he got his friend with benefits pregnant. I found out (the girl told me) and tried to be there for him for support, but he pushed me away. He thinks I ran and told our mother about it and apparently hates me and won't forgive me. He ignores my daughter if she's with me too. It's really pissing me off and if he's going to act like this at her party this weekend (assuming he even shows up) I'm going to tell his ass to leave.

I'm sorry you and your brother aren't getting along right now. Hopefully he will come to his senses, especially where your daughter is concerned. I'm having trouble with my brother too, and it makes me angry, but also breaks my heart. I hate to think of anyone else going through that. Sending you hugs today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LtColumboLtColumbo member
    edited August 2014

MauiBliss said:

janda426 said:

@MauiBliss‌ we have to drive an hour away to go to TJ's!! So we usually only go every 2 months or so and I try to stock up. It also helps that whole foods, lulu lemon, panera bread, anthropologie, pottery barn, sephora, Nordstrom, j crew and a few other stores not in our area are out there.

Uh, lululemon and anthropologie are across the street from my apartment. I am in denial and pretending they're not open yet so I don't go in and bankrupt us. 

MauiBliss said:

janda426 said:

MauiBliss said:

janda426 said:

I would be in so much trouble if I lived across the street from anthropologie.
    -------------
    I have anthro down the street (and just about everything else). I used to buy so much there that they would send me a Christmas present. I am proud to say I have kicked that habit.

BFP #1 7/13/14 EDD 3/26/15

• I just fell back asleep and woke up again about six times. Of course one of the dogs pooped on the floor too.

In response to lulu lemon and jcrew and anthropologie and stuff- those stores are so overpriced!! I used to work at a jcrew, I swear I'm scarred from it. I look for styles I like there and then go to h&m or forever 21 or target and recreate them for a 1/4 of their price.
  • @shootznladrz‌ actually I only shop j crew clearance when it's 40% off and never pay more than like $20-30 for a shirt. I've gotten their Merino fabric sweaters for as low as $14 and most of their graphic tees for like $15. The factory store even cheaper, I got cardigans for like $8 and basic white tanks for $3. If you wait until their sales and NEVER buy full price you can really score there.
  • @cwbandthenewbie‌ I don't know about 1,2,3 magic but may I also suggest the happiest toddler on the block by dr. Harvey Karp? There is a DVD that shows you techniques. Very helpful.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• Good Morning Everyone.

I also feel so sadden by Robin Williams death.  I was shocked.

Day Two of not having my girls.  Ugh.  I miss them.  

@mrslgoe Good luck with everything today!!!

I know there are more people with appointments and other things today good luck!!!!

It is a rainy day today, I only want to nap.  Instead I get to have lunch with my Dean who I do not like.  I wish I could drink :-(

2 beautiful dd's 10 and 7
    Missing my two angel babies
    BFP 4/26/14- CP 5/2/14 
    BFP 7/5/14- Missed miscarriage (12 weeks) D and C 8/29/2014

• Aw dammit, a friend just guessed last night what's going on. We have quiz night at a local bar every Monday and she's apparently noticed my lack of drinking. Thankfully last night I decided to stay home, so I didn't have to be a mstammering mess and try yo lie. My DH did all the proud puffing for me. On that note, is anyone else dreading announcing? I feel like people will want me to act super excited, and start treating me like public property and be in the spotlight. No way dude, leave my introverted butt alone.
    I feel the same way. I am not a very excitable person in general. Yes I am thrilled about baby but I feel like everyone makes such a big deal about things that I don't need to celebrate. I'm worried that when we announce everyone's going to go bat shit crazy and I won't be able to deal with that.

BabyFruit Ticker

• LtColumboLtColumbo member
    edited August 2014
    @shootznladrz‌ I like those stores because I like the clothes and they are aimed at women in my age bracket. I'm 33 and Forever 21 just does not work for me.

BFP #1 7/13/14 EDD 3/26/15

• LtColumbo said:

janda426 said:

LtColumbo said:

@shootznladrz‌ I like those stores because I like the clothes and they are aimed at women in my age bracket. I'm 33 and Forever 21 just does not work for me.

So you don't like the crop tops with RUN DMC written all over them?
    Stop, you know I do.
    Whose house? Run's house!
    Sorry. I do heart run dmc though. And I am 33 ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• Just got called into the doctors office. Had to go "right away". Nearly had myself freaked out to the point where I thought something was seriously wrong. Found out the only reason why I got called in so quickly was because my results has come in and my doc wanted to talk to me before she went on vacation. All is good, but man what a rough way to start the day.
  • klax4 said:

Some loser on my Facebook talked about how selfish suicide is and how the media shouldn't pay attention to the Robin Williams story when there are "real tragedies" happening. Fuck you buddy. Who are youI to tell me what qualifies as a tragedy. I couldn't even comment because he obviously has no fucking clue and anything I wrote would have been lost on him anyways. Ummmmm. Unfriend!

I have to say, as someone who has dealt with the suicide of a family member, it's pretty fair/reasonable to find the act of suicide to be selfish. That doesn't mean you can't feel sorry for the person at the same time (or in a later stage of grief, more likely). Have you been there? Are you 100% certain you would never be angry with someone you loved if they made that choice?
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• I guess this is more of a confession. But, I've never shopped at Trader Joe's. I don't even know where one is around here. 

image image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"