October 2012 Moms

Monday Monday Monday!

My bestie had a baby today! :D (some of you may remember her from the August 14/Parenting debacle a few months back...) She's perfect and has cheeks forever. Swoon! I wish I lived closer. I want to get my hands on her!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: Monday Monday Monday!

• Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
    edited August 2014
    So glad it's Monday. What a shitty weekend...

Had a great swim this morning and am feeling nice and centered again. Excited for tomorrow since E starts his school (Mother's Day Out.) He'll be at DS1's school, same times (9-1) on Tuesdays/Thursdays, so I am SOOOOO looking forward to some time to myself.

E has been acting funny lately. He still has a little bit of his cold lingering, but he at least has his appetite back. Kid acts like he's famished though. And when we dropped DS1 off in car line today, he screamed the whole way to the Y. I guess he was upset that we were just dumping him off??? Anyway, he was screaming and wailing so much that he was gagging himself. Thankfully he didn't barf everywhere.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I ugly cried in the car this morning. It was just one of those mornings where everything possible seems to be going wrong. Sigh. I just wanna go home and start the day over. But instead I have to stay at work late because I got here late :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I have told myself that this week is going to be better, so we will see. Just wading through all the piles of files on my desk now. I so wish I had a longer weekend so I wouldn't have to deal with everything yet.

• Dd starts first grade on Wednesday. I am more emotional about this than I was with her starting kindergarten. She will be gone from me all day. 8 to 345. Then gymnastics 4 to 7. 3 to 4 days a week. I will miss my little spit fire so much.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • What year are the Jettas? We have a 2010 CC and havent had any mechanical issues at all. Husband loves his stupid car.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @mbm1983 I am so glad that you are ok.  How super scary! Hope they are able to get you feeling better soon! I hope someone is coming to pick you up so you don't have to drive! Big Hugs!!!

• My kid rolled backwards head over heels down the stairs today.  It was about six stairs.  We were coming in from playing at the park and jumping in puddles.  She has never ever had issues on these stairs, even when learning to do stairs.  So I went on up and unlocked the door so she could "unlock it" when she got up there like she likes to do. So I turn around to give her a hand if needed, and her wet canvas shoe got hung up on the edge of the last stair.  Lost her balance and down she went.  She cried for about 60 seconds, then kind of whimpered for a few more.  We took off her wet shoes and socks and gave it a shot in bare feet.  Worked out so much better!  Now she has a pretty rocking shiner though.  It just keeps getting darker and darker as the minutes tick by. 

Oct Angel Babies
  • My poor Punkface!

Oct Angel Babies
  • @mambonumber5 my hubs goes to the sandiego base several times a year, if I ever go out there with him we can meet up!!

@mbm1983 I hope you are feeling better soon! No antibiotics for the ear infection? Did they drain it? Meclizine is only to relieve dizziness, hope it helps a little. 

@cnana glad Alice is okay, Emma did that at Christmas time last year, worst night of my life; she was over it in 5 seconds thankfully she was buddled up in a snowsuit at the time and I think it padded her all the way down.

I am so sad to hear about Robin Williams, he was a wonderful actor/comedian and suicide is just terrible.

My face is broken out like I am a teenager, I called and made an appointment for a facial tomorrow, I cant wait. 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @cnana glad Alice is okay. How scary!

• @mbm1983 yeah, he was bipolar. He was on a depression swing right now.

Oct Angel Babies
  • mbm1983 said:
    @chricast‌ they were gonna give me Flonase but it isn't safe during pregnancy? I think I'm gonna make an appointment with my doc tomorrow and have him check it out rather than the ER.
    My allergies were really bothering me when I was pregnant, I asked my OB and he said it was okay as long as I used it occasionally and not for extended periods of time. 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• So sad about Robin Williams. Bipolar is tough stuff.
  • @CnAnA‌ my bestie also had her baby today! I just wanted to hold her foreverrrr she was so cute and calm and warm and snuggly.

Robin Williams death is sad to me. His wife and kids must be heart broken. I just don't understand. With that much money, and time, you would think he's be able to see appropriate care, whether it be medical or psychological. I guess it doesn't work that way. Heartbreaking.

• Wait, HI is behind AK? I thought we were the last on the list!

Good luck at your appt!

Oct Angel Babies
  • @mambonumber5 hows the appt??

Oct Angel Babies
  • Glad to hear she is all happy and content @mambonumber5!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Since @piffley‌ is too cool to grace us with an LNCI, I will post this here. I think my kid has officially dropped to one nap. Im not a fan. LOL because of her dropping a nap, bedtime is moved up an hour. She is a freaking bear by 7 now! Evenings just feel so crammed and busy since Husband gets home beyween 5:30 and 6, then a bit of playtime, then dinner, then trying to convince her to quit tantruming long enough for a shower, then a fight to get her in bed. Blah.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @mambonumber5 I still have A go in her bed for some quiet time in the afternoons in place of her nap. Usually 15-20 min unless by some miracle she falls asleep. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • @CnAnA‌, embrace the one nap! I find it much easier to get things done when I only have to plan around one nap. Sometimes he naps for three hours.

I'm not too upset about Robin Williams necessarily, but it's always sad when people commit suicide. I feel bad for the surviving members of his family. 

@mbm1983, I'm sorry you had to go to the ER, but I'm super happy for you that this is something other than pregnancy. At least now you can treat the ear infection and (hopefully) not have to deal with it for a million months. I hope it does clear up, though! I had some crazy vertigo a while ago, and it turned out to be allergy-related head congestion. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @Ziegeficker‌ thing is, her one nap isnt any longer than when she was taking 2! So now instead of two one hour naps, or one two hour nap, we get one one hour nap. She still needs a bit longer, but just cant make it happen. :(

Oct Angel Babies
  • ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited August 2014
    I'm putting these bitches together tomorrow and freezing them in small batches for weekends.

https://joythebaker.com/2014/07/peach-cobbler-cinnamon-rolls/

• @CnAnA‌, oh what a bummer!!! Maybe she will sleep longer eventually...like maybe she's just trying it on for a bit, lol. But also, Henry may sleep three hours during his naps, but he wakes up for the day at 5am, so........

• @Ziegeficker‌ eeew 5am! A is up between 6:45 and 7:15 for breakfast with Husband. Nap happens around 11 or 12 then lunch around 1.

Oct Angel Babies
  • CnAnA said:
    @Ziegeficker‌ eeew 5am! A is up between 6:45 and 7:15 for breakfast with Husband. Nap happens around 11 or 12 then lunch around 1.

Seriously, it's the worst. DH wakes up with him, and I just feel awful for him. AND Henry still wakes in the middle of the night screaming for ostensibly no reason three to four times a week! I guess I figured that, of both of my children, the newborn would be the one keeping me up all night. But, nope.

• @cnana Can you try stretching that one nap until after lunch? My kid wake up at the same time and I'm pretty adamant about nap being at 1 after lunch so his belly is nice and full and he sleeps 2-3 hours. Sometimes if we're out around 11 or 12 he'll fall asleep on the way home and I'm SOL, but typically if we're home and he hasn't gone down yet, it's at 1pm and works really well.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I'm putting these bitches together tomorrow and freezing them in small batches for weekends.

https://joythebaker.com/2014/07/peach-cobbler-cinnamon-rolls/

These look amazing. Send me some!!

The appraisal report for the new house was supposed to be back on Friday. Still haven't heard anything. I'm getting nervous.

• @CnAnA: I can't believe you're only dropping the second nap now! Wow! My T dropped hers about a year ago - definitely before she was 1. I can hardly remember life before one nap.

She naps well (usually) and it happens to be before lunch, but I think Rachelilly23's idea is a good one to try. Then it means you don't have that loooong afternoon.

We usually do a big morning activity, and then she falls asleep in the car and is easy to move to bed.

Good luck with the transition!

• @mambonumber5 glad baby mambo gets to stay and cook a little bit longer. Fingers crossed she grows bigger!

• @wonknessmonster good luck with your ultrasound today!

• mbm1983 said:
    Dear Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: "Shake Shake Shake your peanuts" is a really bad song. Did you not think this through?
    that's better than the one where they were trying to find the triangle bush.
    There are a few times when I am shaking my head at Mickey Mouse clubhouse, but I laughed hard when they were finding the triangle bush.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"