April 2013 Moms
Options

Halloween Anyone?

I know it's early, but really it's never too early to start planning for a great costume! 

What are your ideas for costumes for Halloween #2?

Also, how will this year be in comparison to last year? Do you think your LO will be able to trick-or-treat? Will you let him/her eat any candy?
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Halloween Anyone?

• Options
    @cece2682 LOVE his costume last year and the idea for this year! I just think it would be cute to let Rhys actually walk and attempt to say trick-or-treat this year.... but then I take all his candy away? IDK haha.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last year J was JO (her initials) DiMaggio and the dog was Marilyn Monroe. This year she might be a pilot or stewardess with her cousin and go around in a wagon made to look like a plane. Most likely her older cousins will get all of her candy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD is going to be a cupcake (bought her costume last year on clearance) and DS who is 3 is still undecided. He has mentioned Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Xmas, Hulk, and others. I probably wouldn't take her trick or treating if she didn't have a big brother to go along with. She may get a few pieces of chocolate. I always give out gummies for the little kids so she'll get some of those too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ella was a lady bug last year .. We went trick or treating to the grandparents and close friends because mommy lives her candy!! This year we will do the same just close people we know especially with an infant ! Ella will be Minnie Mouse and the baby (still unnamed) will be Mickey Mouse..I found a sleep and play on clearance for 5$ that looks like mickeys outfit and has a hat with earsimage
  • Options
    Last year DS (then 3) was a pirate and DD was his parrot. Not sure what everyone will be this year. There has been talk of wizard of oz family-theme costumes. DS1 as the scarecrow (his choice), dd as Dorothy, DS2 as the cowardly lion (DS1 was a lion for his first Halloween so we can reuse that costume) and H as the tin man. *IF* I could fit into my pink prom dress from high school I could be Glenda the good witch but that would be ambitious of me in other circumstances let alone being only 4 months post partum. It's a good goal though!

We took the kids trick-or-treating last year but we've since moved to a neighborhood that hosts a giant party instead of t-or-ting. Not sure how I feel about that in general but we will all attend and my two oldest (including my April baby) will get some candy. Hard to say no even to a one and a half year old when it's your second kid and they want everything their older sibling has. I think I gave my first a taste on his second Halloween when he was about the same age.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well....I wanted Ava to be Willy Wonka and Mila to be an Oompa Loompa. But Ava has been telling me she wants to be a princess. :/

Last year Ava was Hermione and Mila was a Dalmatian.

ETA- no candy for Mila. I mean, why? She doesn't know what it is so why give it to her? Ava gets it now and can have it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think I want Brayden to be a baby James Brown. I saw the movie so now both me and the hubbs are inspired

• Options
    Or if I can convince my husband to be Doc, Brayden will be Marty McFly

• Options
    Before baby girl was born, I bought a spider costume on clearance that fits sizes 6-24 months. She will be wearing that costume again this year.

As for trick-or-treating, we haven't decided on that yet. DH belongs to a "Haunt Group" where people get together sharing ideas on making animated Halloween decorations. DH stays home from work that day and spends the entire day decorating our house. Then he takes it down that evening as he doesn't want anything to get stolen or broken. So, someone has to stay home and watch the house while passing out candy. Since LO is still young, I am thinking that we will spend one more day at home watching the trick-or-treaters and go out next year.

As for candy, at 10 months old she found 2 mini Reeses peanut butter cups and had them devoured before we caught her. That is when we found out that she isn't allergic to peanut butter. Luckily! Since then, we have given her a small piece of candy every now and then.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @ceamac0127‌ I can't believe how chubby Addi was!

@luckey4 I wouldn't say that they CAN'T have a little candy.... I just think that's an individual parent's choice. I agree with those that say he doesn't know what he's missing out on. He'll be begging for it soon enough, so for now I just put it off! My in-laws keep bugging me about when he can have ice cream. Ummm never? But seriously, toddlers just don't NEED that stuff, so I figure I will put it off until he understands it's a special treat and can ask for it

Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Catherine was Piglet last year (and Alex was the Scream dude ... OMG what a great combo, hey?). We always buy next year's costumes on clearance, so this year she'll be a witch and Alex is going as a ninja.

I'm not going to lie -- she's had her fair share of treats. Ice cream, a cookie, birthday cake (Alex just turned 10). It's not like she has it everyday -- it's an occasional treat. She eats healthy the rest of the time, so I'm not worried about her having a piece or two of candy. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Last year he was Harry Potter. Crazy that his hair is short and blonde now! I don't know what he will be this year. I'm looking forward to it though!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Last year, B was Pebbles and my nephew was Bamm Bamm! I haven't thought about this year's costume yet, and I'm not sure if we'll coordinate the kids again. We will go trick or treating, but probably just to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and possibly a few houses in their neighborhood.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options
    last year I bought 4 costumes when they went on clearance: a pirate, tiger, dinosaur and kangaroo. 
  • Options
    Last year we all went with Disney costumes: the big girl was Sofia the First, the baby was Snow White and I was Minnie Mouse. We went to the local children's museum, then to my church and finally we went around my neighborhood. She may have a little bit of candy but last year I mostly just ate the candy that she got. I have no idea what we will do this year but I thought we were cute in our theme.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"