December 2014 Moms
Options

People awkward around you?

perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Has anyone noticed how awkward some people are around pg people???? I work with a guy that already I think is kinda strange/odd but at our meeting on Friday and also last week I noticed that he will NOT stop staring at my bump. Like out of the corner of my eye I can see him just staring at it lol.

Then I had a customer today who I took outside to look at homes under construction and she was literally OBSESSED with my "safety". Would not let me talk 1 sentence without saying "oh careful!" "Should you walk over here?" "Be careful in those heels!" Nonstop. I just kept thinking to myself "shut up!" Lol. This is my career...I'm pg not stupid.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: People awkward around you?

• Options
    I have a friend who is super awkward about it. She makes weird comments and even told me the other day the baby didn't seem "real" to her since she hadn't felt him kick yet so in her head I'm just getting fat. Really?!?!
  • Options
    I wouldn't say awkward necessarily but maybe strange. The men at my work won't let me do like anything. I used to inspect rooms every Friday and Saturday to help housekeeping and now my boss makes me sit in my office and dispatch instead. Today I called the sales director to let him know I was leaving and he told me to go home and eat pickles and ice cream. Uhhh no? That's gross. I also had an employee bring me a pickle flavored popsicle. Gross! I'm pregnant, not entering a pickle eating contest. Treat me like normal!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    One coworker freaked out when I was carrying a 5 lb box. She also wouldn't let me bend over to pick something up and this was when I was 10 weeks a long!
  • Options
    They are good until they find out that I am having a third boy and not upset about it.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Oh yeah I am totally seeing it. I'm in Vegas for work for 9 days and every single day at least 5 people ask me how I am feeling if I need anything and always telling me to go sit and take breaks. I mean it's nice that they care, but it's just too much. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol you're stories are pretty funny :) im glad I'm not the only one.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    These crack me up! I work in finance so 99% men...they barely notice I'm pregnant. They expect me to drink, carry heavy things, walk far, stay up late...lol.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    I have a friend who is always awkward around pregnant friends and babies.  She wouldn't hold one of our friends babies because it would be weird to "hold something that came out of her vagina." Um, ok, why are you even thinking about that? lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"