December 2012 Moms

Bathtub nightmare

So S and I have been staying w/my parents for a few days.  They have a bathtub were as the other place only has a shower.  In order to give S baths we bought a portable bathtub w/a shower hose, it's actually really nice.  Anyway, I thought S would LOVE the bathtub, she loves pools.  She HATED the bathtub I couldn't even get her to sit in the tub.  She clung to me like a cat.  I had to wash her down in bathroom, w/her standing up on the bathroom floor. My poor S.  

Anyone else have a hard time w/their lo's not liking the tub?

Re: Bathtub nightmare

• No...DD loves the bathtub, so much in fact, that we have to leave the bathroom door closed b/c every time she passes by she wants a bath....she'd be terrified of a shower though, I am almost certain, because she's never had one. Hope it gets easier for you- maybe let her play in it a bit (if she will) and let her get used to it before the next bath time?

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• @kerbear, I thought she'd take to it like a duck to water.  She'll stand next to the tub and open and close the sliding doors, but she wouldn't go back in.  We are back home now, so we're back we'll be back to cat baths or odd days and a her portable bath for the others. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My son isn't scared of the bathtub, but 9 times out of 10 he won't sit down, so he just stands in few inches of water and gets his bath that way. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"