Babies: 3 - 6 Months

3 months old baby eats every 4 hours 4 oz. Please help

Hi everyone!
My LO is 3 months and 5 days. She's eating every 4 hours 4 oz (Similac). I was waking her up at night every 3 hours and she was eating 3 oz at night.
I stopped waking her up and she still drinks the same. It's not enough 4 oz for her age, isnt it?

I'm not burping her in the middle of eating cause she starts crying.
Please help!!!

Re: 3 months old baby eats every 4 hours 4 oz. Please help

• My LO is 6 months old. He eats 4 oz of Similac every 2 to 3 hours. I don't burp him. I've tried moving him to 6 oz and he automatically stops at 4. I see nothing wrong with it and his pediatrician sees nothing wrong with it.

Try giving her more, but don't force it. That may just be all she wants at that time. If it is really that big of an issue call your pediatrician.
  • Have you tried feeding her more often?  When my LO cut out one of his MOTN feedings, he added one during the day instead so he still eats as many times, just more during the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter eats 12-16 oz a day and that includes a night feeding . She's gaining appropriately so pedi is t concerned so in try not to be either
  • Do you wake her up at night also? or not?

if I'm try giving her after 3 hours, she refuses or eats only 3 oz.
  • No I don't wake her.

She goes toned between 630-7 ( 5 months old ) and usually wakes around 230 to eat and then doesn't eat again until around 8. She usually eats 2-3 oz at a time
  • Every four hours is 6 times a day, so that's 24 oz a day total. If they're gaining weight fine and have enough wet diapers and seems content I don't see what the problem is. You can't really make them eat more than they want or they'll just throw it up anyways which defeats the point. I would just let her sleep when she's tired and feed her when she's hungry. It's not complicated
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is almost 3 months and drinks 4 (sometimes 5) every three or more hours. 
  • My LO is 3 months and eats 6oz every 3 hours.  I was worried that I could be feeding him to much, but MD said if he is happy/healthy it isn't an issue.  All babies are different, as long as your LO is gaining enough weight there shouldn't be an issue. 
  • My little guy only eats 3-3.5 oz every 3 ish hours. But he is still growing fine and the doctor says that is what matters.