Toddlers: 24 Months+

car seat in truck

so we are in the process of turning our lo forward facing. lo is about to grow out of the weight restrictions (next two pounds). the car seat in my vehicle fits great. my dh's truck is a different story. the graco my ride does not fit on the seat. the back is not up against the seat and his truck seats cannot be reclined even the slightest. we are in the process of looking to purchase a new carseat, without spending the money we did on the britax; however, if we have to then we will. so please, recommend a seat that you think may work great. the nearest bru is about two hours away, so we would like to do research before driving that way. in the meantime, lo will ride in my vehicle or rear facing still in the truck. thanks in advance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: car seat in truck

• I don't have a specific recommendation but I wouldn't travel all that way to purchase a seat. I order everything on amazon. You may save some money that way too.
  • Join the FB group Car Seats for the Littles.  You'll be able to ask for recommendations based on your specific vehicle and the size of your child so that you'll know what will work from people who have actually fit that seat in that truck.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • yeah we ordered the others online and got free shipping. we would only go to try the store models in the vehicle. i would hate to buy one and have it not fit.
    lo is well over 2.5y and almost 40lbs.

• The MyRide has such a huge FFing recline, which makes it hard to fit in some cars.  For an inexpensive seat that should last him until booster age (around 6), I'd look at the Evenflo Sureride.  It has 19" top slots which is taller than many combination seats you'd buy for more money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • My ds has an alpha omega elite safety 1st & it fits great in dhs truck & my edge & even in my old car. Its a 3 n 1 & goes up to 100 lbs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlpev said:

My ds has an alpha omega elite safety 1st & it fits great in dhs truck & my edge & even in my old car. Its a 3 n 1 & goes up to 100 lbs.

The AOE isn't a recommended seat. It's bulky, hard to install and cannot be safely used as a booster. It provides a dangerous belt fit on most children.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Well I haven't had any issues with it. Ds is 3.5 yo & still in the harness. I don't think its bulky but I haven't dealt with very many others.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • so, i am now following car seat for littles, thanks for the recommendation.
    we ended up putting the britax in dh's truck and it fits great! we now have the graco in my car and fits great. we will have to get a new seat soon to replace the graco because of ds's length and we'll probably get another. we are now expecting, and as long as the britax has not be in an accident and since it shouldn't expire before lo can use it, then we'll have two britax for the truck and not have to worry about this again. as long as everything goes well anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"