Attachment Parenting

Best toddler carrier??

My little girl is 7 month loves her becco Gemini but I think she'll grow out of it by a year. Any opinions, experiences would be greatly appreciated :-) oh she hates being in slings.

Re: Best toddler carrier??

• ergo. my ds who is 2.5y is 36lbs and i still carry him in the ergo.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I like my ergo but heard the toddler Tula is awesome
  • Loading the player...
  • momtosammomtosam member
    edited July 2014
    I was just at the babywearing conference last week and tried out a ton. The two I fell in love with for myself were LillieBaby and Beco carriers. Both felt great even with my back problems. I just got an Ergo and sadly it is not as good as I hoped (for me). I will probably be selling it to get one of the two I really liked. I have heard great things about Tula, but have not tried one yet. I hope to borrow our babywearing library's Tula next month. My son is 2.5 years old and 27lbs. 
    *bumping under a new name since July 2014*
    Married 9/4/11
    BFP 4/5/09, EDD 12/4/09, m/c
     7/31/09
    BFP 5/27/11, EDD 1/17/12, DS born 1/16/12
    BFP 8/16/14, EED 4/29/15, We are having another BOY!

Lilypie Maternity tickers    image 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
    Yup. DS is Tommy Pickles! Nothing like living with an escape artist.
    Just another cloth diapering, baby wearing mama.

• flclflcl member
    I love my Tula.  I know that they have a Toddler version but the regular one works for toddlers as well.  A friend of mine ordered the toddler one and it was way too big for her kiddo (19months) so she returned it for the regular one and they both love it.
  • We love the Ergo!  DS is 19 months and 28 lbs.
  • Love my Kinderpack.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have and love both the toddler Tula and the toddler Kinderpack.  Kinderpack is my current favorite though.  We outgrew the Ergo by 22 months with my first, and by 12 months with my second (he was a leaner and the panel on the Ergo is too short).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When it comes to toddler-sized carriers, these really are for preschoolers. It doesn't really mean the "toddling" age as the name suggests. If you are both still comfortable in the Gemini, keep on using it until you are not. Unless your child has low tone or throws themselves backward, the knee-to-knee and up-to-the-neck guidelines aren't imperative for walking children who have the muscle tone to hold their bodies in an ergonomic position naturally. I can wear my three year old in a Gemini if needed!

Here is a great visual on kids in standard SSCs from the group that I am a leader in (check out #4) https://beltwaybabywearers.blogspot.com/2014/02/lets-get-real.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"