August 2012 Moms
Options

Kicked the Soother

So yesterday DH and I were shopping at Wal-Mart with DD. She was tired and being a cranky toddler and decided to throw her soother out of the cart. DH picked it up, put it in his pocket and I gave her another one and said "This is the last one, if you throw it away then it's gone forever". She gave me a cheeky grin and threw the new one away too. So I walked away saying "Well, that's all, it's gone, no more sosie" and she made some hollars at me. DH stayed in the aisle and waited for me to leave so he could pick it up without her seeing.

She fought at bed time last night, and ended up sleeping through until 4am, she wouldn't go back to sleep in her own so we let her snuggle with us for a bit. No talk of soothers all morning and nap went over well and she's in bed again tonight without it. 

I wasn't planning on having her nix it just yet, but the opportunity happened and I ran with it. She found 2 soothers today, while digging through her toy boxes. She brought them to me to get rid of saying "No more sosie's"

Fingers crossed! I'm throwing them out and not looking back...hopefully DH will stay on board with me too lol

DD Born August 16, 2012
DS Due April 27, 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kicked the Soother

• Options
    OMG! Good for you! And I'm so impressed that she brought you the ones she found instead of hoarding them.

I want to do this with my DD but we just moved a week ago. I feel like it might be cruel to take the paci away right after we get into a new house.
  • Options
    @shakinros‌, I can understand that. its hard to know when is best. I really wanted to make it smooth, and I didn't want her to think we were taking it away from her.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"