LGBT Parenting
Options

Intro

Hi All, 

My wife A and I met 8 years ago and got married 3 years ago. 

We have a one year old son M who she carried. M was conceived through IVF with anonymous donor sperm and A's egg. 

Now we are trying for number 2 and I will be doing an unmedicated FET with one of the frozen embryos from IVF. All of my blood work and sonohysterogram look good, so we will start the FET cycle in lat August/Sept. 

A is a SAHM and I work in product development. 

I look forward to getting to know you all!

B
Same-sex couple- In love with my awesome wife, A, since 2007
Our son M was born 6.2013 

M was conceived via IVF using donor sperm and my wife's eggs. My wife carried. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Welcome!!  Good luck on your upcoming FET cycle :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck with your upcoming FET! Very exciting! Please keep us posted! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @herbabymomma (is this how you tag?)

Yep we are using A's frosties from her ER so we have 2 shots at full siblings. If those two tries don't work we will probably go back to A doing IVF again and her carrying. Our donor isn't available anymore so we would use a new similar donor with her eggs for a half sib. A has full insurance coverage for IVF so I am only going to try twice then we will go back to the path we know works.

My protocol seems pretty simple. 
    Day 2- u/s
    Then daily u/s's starting at day 10 until ovulation. (4-7 days)
    HSG trigger at ovulation
    Start Crinone 2 days prior to transfer
    Transfer around day 20 (5 days post trigger)

I asked 10 billion questions when A was doing IVF, for my own FET I have been trying not to obsess over it too much :)

So did you carry with K's eggs? I am trying to figure out all of the signature lingo. 

Now I am starting my second FET with embryos from A's IVF cycle...this is our last shot.

ET 9/15- BFN

• Options
    @Flygirl1228 Our RE recommended it because I don't have an infertility DX, I have fairly regular periods, and we are self paying. She said all of the medication for a medicated FET is to control ovulation instead of just monitoring ovulation with ultrasounds. In her opinion the medicated route isn't worth the cost or the stress on my body.

I will totally keep you updated! 

ET 9/15- BFN

• Options
    Welcome! You and I are in similar situations. My wife carried our first who is 5 months old. We had to use my eggs due to a DOR dx. We have 6 embies frozen. I decided I want to carry next. I'm planning on doing a natural FET sept/oct. My RE is using estrace to build my lining then PIO after the transfer. We are paying OOP too. We'll give it 2 tries then back to my wife carrying again.

I look forward to following your journey. Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    Hello and welcome :-h
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"