September 2014 Moms

High Risk Check in July 31st

Happy last day of July fellow high risk ladies! I feel like we have had alot of things come up in terms of high risk things the last few weeks so please feel free to check in if you want!

1. How far along are you? Remind us why you are high risk if you are new =)?

2. Rants/Raves?

3. Upcoming appointments?

4. Any major milestones?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: High Risk Check in July 31st

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Remind us why you are high risk if you are new =)
    34w. VCI, IUGR,
    2. Rants/Raves?
    So went in yesterday for my weekly nst/bpp. Failed, ended up in the hospital for monitoring. Got released and headed back for monitoring this am... I still have my MFM apt tomorrow. I guess my rant is that the MFM couldn't get me in earlier. MFM will give me more guidance on what they want to do proceeding forward. I hoping she cooperates and moves during the u/s today and I don't have to go back to triage.
    Today monitoring, tomorrow MFM
    4. Any major milestones? 
    just that we're at 34w yesterday. Just weekly milestones now. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • @JustCricket-I hope she passes the NST today! How do they do a NST?

• suitern said:
    @JustCricket-I hope she passes the NST today! How do they do a NST?
    well the nst was just me hooked up to monitors for 30min? the BPP they've been doing on me measures amniotic fluid, movements, breathing etc. She did everything but flex yesterday... and then I got hooked up to the monitors and her nst was 'non-reactive' aka she just wanted to sleep and save energy. Once I got to the hospital though, she started moving around and saying "oh was I supposed to be doing this earlier for ya???"

• 1. How far along are you? Remind us why you are high risk if you are new =)?
    I'm 31 weeks and a few days (Due 9/29/14), and I'm high risk because of type 1 diabetes and hypothyroidism.  However.....I'm now adding preterm contractions/false labor to the list! 

2. Rants/Raves?
    I spent monday night and tuesday in the hospital with contractions every 1.5-2 minutes.  I was OK'd to go back to work on Wednesday and ended up leaving early when contractions started again every few minutes.  I've been OK'd to go back to work for my shift tonight, but told to "take it easy"...really?!  I'm a pharmacist and normally on my feet all day, now will be trying to sit at the counter as much as possible.  I'm shocked they haven't told me to take any time off of work (except Tuesday when I was inpatient).  Anyone else have the same experience?  Not that I want to be on bedrest, as that eats into my FMLA, but I feel like I could have used a couple days off to see if they subside.  Still having contractions, but spread every couple hours at this point.

August 6th, monthly MFM appointment and twice weekly NST

4. Any major milestones?
    Fetal fibronectin test came back negative today!
  • 1. How far along are you? Remind us why you are high risk if you are new =)? I am 35weeks today! I have Factor V Leiden, which puts me at high risk for a blood clot. 
    2. Rants/Raves? 
    Rant: Well apparently this little man has decided to be difficult! He has been head down for the last month and ready to go.  Well apparently not anymore! At my BPP today we discovered he's now breech.  His head is up in my ribs (I had thought it was his feet!).
    Rant: My whole family came down with a tremendously bad head cold this week.  Started with DD on Sunday and now has swept through me to my husband.  We are all so snotty and miserable! 
    Rave: As of this weekend I finally feel like his nursery is coming together! It's probably only 50% done but it's so much closer and feels more like his room then my DD's old nursery.    

3. Upcoming appointments? MFM apt. tomorrow morning at 930.  

4. Any major milestones? Just one week closer to meeting this man! 

• 1. 33 weeks, trying to prevent ptl and placenta previa.

2. Rants/ raves? I got to come home today! I have to go in for a check up at 2 and check up in L&D at 8:30. Then another check up in the morning at 8. My cervix is still 85% effaced and dialated to 2.

3. Upcoming appointments? Besides all the checkups I don't go in until the 14 unless I have a problem before then. Then I'll go in every week after that.

4. Any major milestones? Nope not that I can think of except getting to come home and keeping baby baking!
  • @ambershaw512, I am actually really surprised they let you go only to make you come back 3 different times and I am assuming look at your cervix?? Hope you get good news!

• suitern said:

@ambershaw512, I am actually really surprised they let you go only to make you come back 3 different times and I am assuming look at your cervix?? Hope you get good news!

Yea they want do just do a cervical checks, and make sure I haven't dialated. If I have I go back to hospital bed rest where I can be monitored :(
  • @ambershaw512, I am actually really surprised they let you go only to make you come back 3 different times and I am assuming look at your cervix?? Hope you get good news!
    Yea they want do just do a cervical checks, and make sure I haven't dialated. If I have I go back to hospital bed rest where I can be monitored :(
    That is crazy-my drs always are weary of continually checking my  cervix (also dilated betwee1-2 cm all the way up) for the fear of irritating everything and causing more contractions! I would ask about that...

• 1. 34 weeks and a couple days. High risk for preterm labor, currently on pelvic rest.
    2. Rant is my managers keep scheduling me to do things that involve extend periods of standing/walking, despite me telling them multiple times that I need to sit as much as possible.
    Rave is my OB is comfortable taking me off pelvic rest in 2.5 weeks once I hit 37 weeks.
    3. Next appointment is on Tuesday. Normal check-up.
    4. No major milestones, just glad I haven't been dilating more!

34+5; high risk due to PTL

2. Rants/Raves? My hips have been killing me and I have pitting edema in what used to be my ankles. I've kept an eye on my blood pressure which is fine but my pulse has been all over the place lately. And I have court tomorrow as a witness. I wonder how many pee breaks the judge will allow before he dismisses me...

3. Upcoming appointments? Weekly appts start the 5th and dr said he's going to do (another) cervical check, and see baby's positioning. Then I see my endo same day for hypothyroidism. It'll be my last appt with him til after baby's born.

4. Any major milestones? 1 week til my 36w milestone where he will no longer stop labor. I've been contracting daily but no more false labor episodes since last week.
  • 1.How far along are you? Remind us why you are high risk if you are new =)
    I am 34+ 3 and high risk originally due to age now I have been diagnosed with IUGR. Baby is weighing in about 4lbs 6oz and heart rate is good. They have scheduled inducement at 37 weeks so we are set for 8/20.

2. Rants/Raves?
    No raves but I want to rant about how uncomfortable I am especially with the acid reflux. Yuck!

Every Tuesday until induction I will have an nst. August 12th I go in for my next growth scan.

4. Any major milestones? Nope.
  • @suitern they just wanted to make sure I hadn't dialated anymore. I had my last check this morning and I was still the same so I get to stay home but I'm on bed rest. If I have any contractions then I'm suppose to go into L&D
  • @ambershaw512 glad you're at home now! fingers crossed all cx stay away!
    @sanremo hello fellow IUGR! do your docs have any reason as to what is causing your iugr? or is it just something that they've noticed? 

As for me I figured I'd update you all on how my MFM apt went today.

Baby looked great at the u/s. Besides her small size (like holy cow really small) she looked in great health. Showed zero signs of a baby in distress. She weighed in at 3lb6oz. So the size plus the VCI/placenta issues has the doctor drawing a line in the sand for deliver NLT 38w. So she's offically going to be an August baby! 

They're upping my monitoring checks to 2x a week. Main focus is making sure she's reactive and that there is good blood flow in the cord. If the levels become 'elevated' then they'll probably decide to induce. If they become non existant or reverse, then she will be delivered that day. If she is showing signs of distress, we will probably do a c/s because the cord/placenta will not be able to handle contractions/labor. If she's just showing 'elevated' levels we may be able to shoot for just inducing. If she makes it to 38w, with no signs of distress we have no reason to not attempt a vaginal birth. Either way they'll be paying extra attention to how she reacts during labor because there is a much higher risk that she won't be able to handle it. 

I still need to talk to the local ob about the hospital's nicu and what they can handle, so I can decide where to deliver if we do have to go before 38w. With her size, I'm guessing that it may be best to choose the hospital further away.. b/c if I have to have a c/s and she's whisked away, I want to be in the same hospital, not left alone while baby and hubby go off.

• @JustCricket‌, we chose a hospital farther away solely based on the NICU and if I should happen to have her early then I would be at the same hospital vs having her transferred. I think you are right to talk to your OB about your options and what she may need in terms of NICU support!

• suitern said:
    @JustCricket‌, we chose a hospital farther away solely based on the NICU and if I should happen to have her early then I would be at the same hospital vs having her transferred. I think you are right to talk to your OB about your options and what she may need in terms of NICU support!
    I think we're going to be on the cusp of what they can handle... so my research prelim research hadn't given me too many details. I knew it was something we'd have to decide at this point in the pregnancy anyways. Anytime before this it was automatically the other hospital. At this point it's more wishy washy (depending on how far she makes it, how big she is, etc)

• Late check in here.

32w, 2 days. My pregnancy is considered high risk due to the baby having HLHS and DORV - complex congenital heart Wedefects. LO will need three open heart surgeries by the age of 3.

Rants/Raves: Rant - we found out that it is highly suggested that the baby doesn't go to daycare until after recovering from the second open heart surgery (which will be around 4-6 months). We'll have to pull DS as well. This is due to any sort of cold will put LO in ICU and with it being cold and flu season (s)he should have limited exposure to other kids. Rave - we met with the surgeon and feel much more at ease about everything. The hospital staff seems great. I really think we'll be in good hands.

Upcoming appointments: nothing until Aug 13 and then weekly (or more often) from then on. Growth scan Aug 20th and fetal echo Aug 26th.

Milestones: nothing at the moment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018

I am 34 weeks today ! Totally getting nervous :/ I am high risk because I have Chiari 1 brain malformation

2. Rants/Raves?

My chiari doesn't allow me to have a natural birth (can't push) and I can't have a spinal or an epi so I have to go under general ( which scares me) and when I wake up there is nothing numbing me - so I'm pretty freaked about all of that

Wednesday I have my next appointment

4. Any major milestones?
    My house is in complete OCD order ... Feeling proud of that but now I am getting anxious not having something to organize :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"