April 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Butts on Facebook

janice9821janice9821 member
edited August 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Because I'm bored. How do you feel about bare baby butts on Facebook?

Baby Butts on Facebook 209 votes

Cutest thing ever is a baby tushie! Show it to everyone!
5% 12 votes
All baby butts are adorable and I don't mind seeing them but lock down those security settings first because of the weirdos.
33% 69 votes
Baby tushies are so cute but they don't belong on Facebook because people be crazy.
38% 80 votes
My kid has a cute butt. I don't want to see your kid's butt though.
14% 30 votes
Baby butts are gross. That's where the poop comes out.
0% 1 vote
Hehehe, you said butt.
5% 11 votes
SS / I don't like those choices.
2% 6 votes

Re: Baby Butts on Facebook

• Options
    I must roll with a lame crowd.  I have never seen a butt on FB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted for the 2nd one. I don't mind seeing them but am iffy about posting pictures of LO's bare behind. DH is very against it so we just don't.
  • Options
    I voted not for fb, but really baby butts are not a big deal...it's their actually genitalia. My friend has 3 sons. I've seen 2/3 of their penises on Facebook. They were 2 and 4 years old in the picture. It doesn't offend me, but scares the shit out of me.

Not even two hours from me a 6 year old was raped and murdered in the last week. I'd just rather not put DD more at risk.
  • Options
    Who could possibly be offended by a baby butt!?. I don't think nudity, especially with small children is a big deal. However I won't post photos of my child on facebook or the internet in general, and I think it's good to be cautious about it. Yes, I've snuck a few in on here in obscure threads... And then deleted them later.
  • Options
    I have no problem with naked baby pics, but I do try and avoid posting them on the internet. Just seems like a bad idea.
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People do steal photos off of Facebook and then post them other places. It happens. It doesn't hurt to be cautious.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People do steal photos off of Facebook and then post them other places. It happens. It doesn't hurt to be cautious.
    Yes.  I don't want my child's photos being used without my permission for advertising (if you post on FB you have agreed to this, they own the rights to all content), I don't want my child's photos to be used as a poster child a scam trying to collect donations for a sick baby, I don't want my child's photos being used on a weird catfish mommy blog.  And I definitely don't want my child being victimized by a person like Hunter Moore as  a young adult.

There is a lot of potential for victimization that goes beyond pedophilia.  Call me paranoid, but it's a pandoras box that I don't wish to open.

Also, if you think your child's photos are "safe" on Facebook because your privacy settings are limited to friends and family, you might want to review your service agreement.  Any service on the internet that is free of charge, you are the product, not the customer.  That includes The Bump.
  • Options
    I dgiaf if other people post them, but I try to avoid.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like baby butts and I cannot lie! I voted the second option. Baby butts are adorable, but I lock down all my photos on Facebook anyway. I don't have any pictures like that of either of my kids sadly. I better get on that! 

In other baby butt news, when I play the "where's your (body part)?" game with DD and I ask her where her butt is, she reaches around and points to her butt in the cutest way! I tried getting it on video for Instagram yesterday, but it was a major fail. :(
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Meh. I probably wouldn't intentionally post one, but as long as it isn't a direct crotch shot or something I likely wouldn't freak out thinking I'm a horrible mom and delete it as fast as possible in the event I realized her tush was in a pic. XD I think the only way I'd deliberately post a naked tushy pic is when she's a little older, if she happens to mimic the pose I was caught in after a bath around 2 years old or so, just so I could show it to my mom for a laugh since she wanted to put that pic in my senior yearbook. :P

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I adore baby bums and love pictures of them...but I won't put my kids' bums on FB. I did think it was a bit inappropriate when a friend posted a picture of her 6 year old's bare bum, so I guess I draw the line somewhere between birth and age 6. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I think its weird that people are weirded out by seeing a baby's butt. I don't see how it can be sexualized when they're one year old or less, its just cute. I do think its gross if someone posted a front on photo though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's just a lil baby bum! Super cute- whatever.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    Baby bums are absolutely adorable, but I'm in the "not on social media" camp. It doesn't offend me IN THE LEAST, but for my own child I'm like a few PP on here who mentioned concern for how the photos could be used or viewed by others.

In terms of front on genitalia photos....yyeahhhh that one makes me a little squirmy. Again, not because it directly offends me, I just worry for the kiddo I suppose. I have a couple close friends who posted pictures of their LO's penis. One was a shot of him peeing on his sister (yeah I laughed...hypocrite here), and the other he was just splashing in a pool. I think those photos would be just fine if you had them at the house and could better control who saw them (I guess you'd have to print from home), but I guess to each his or her own. Sickos will get off on anything though, I guess. Gross.

Speaking of weirdos, my little sister works from home for an undisclosed shopping network (ha), and EVERY night she gets at least one weirdo who masturbates while she is on the phone. She can't even do anything about it until they actually say something inappropriate while they're doing it, even if she can tell that's what is happening. Makes me want to puke.
  • Options
    I used to work for JCPenney catolog and that would happen ALL THE TIME. They'd always want me to describe my feet. Or just pretend to be shopping for bras or socks or pantyhose for their wives and ask weird questions about them. The first time this happened to me it was a young guy asking about buying his little sister tights. I was several minutes into a really awkward conversation before i caught on. Ick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You don't see how it canbe sexualized because you are not a pedophile. I don't see it either, but I know extremely young children can be victims of sexual abuse.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I used to work for JCPenney catolog and that would happen ALL THE TIME. They'd always want me to describe my feet. Or just pretend to be shopping for bras or socks or pantyhose for their wives and ask weird questions about them. The first time this happened to me it was a young guy asking about buying his little sister tights. I was several minutes into a really awkward conversation before i caught on. Ick.

Yeah! That's the kind of stuff my sister described to me. I told her I would be fired because I wouldn't be able to control what came out of my mouth if someone used me like that! She has more self-control that I do, apparently.
  • Options
    I'm in the 'not a big deal' camp.  I had some adorable seated naked baby butt pictures taken of DS1 when he was 6 months and I have some occasional bath tub photos of him but never with his privates showing. Since he was about 18 months I haven't even posted anything that shows more than a swimsuit or diaper would.  I have only ever posted one picture of either of my boys showing anything more than a little crack, and that was when DS2 was first born. The only photo we got of him before they took him to the NICU showed him in all his male glory, so we posted it. 

I will admit it would be different with a girl baby, I think.  I've never liked seeing little girls running around without shirts on, so I would probably be really careful about photos like that too. 

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"