December 2014 Moms

babies r us sucks...

We ordered our crib and I have been patiently waiting. They said it would take 7-10 days to arrive so I convinced myself it would take the full 10 days. Yesterday was the 10th day... So we called and found out that they never sent the order through, that they had it on pending the entire time. Uuggggh I was so excited to put it together this weekend but now have to wait another whole long week. I swear it's going to feel like forever waiting when it could have already been here.

Re: babies r us sucks...

• That stinks :( I hate when packages don't come when you expect them to.
  • I wish there was a BBB near me. BRU is such a pain in the ass. I'm sorry you have to wait even longer, ugh, that is so frustrating.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have told them I expect for them to send it on rush OR a serious discount and free shipping OR for someone to come out to the house and assemble it for free OR some store credit as compensation for their idiocy. I have zero patience with that kind of crap! Lol.
  • @Hufflepuff42 I registered at BRU for the same reason with DS and I didn't have a single problem with anything. However, we ordered our crib, changing table, and uppbaby off of amazon so BRU was used for all of the little things.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Ugh I'm sorry that's not cool. Now I'm starting to wonder about the crib I ordered from BRU last Tuesday....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would have told them I expect for them to send it on rush OR a serious discount and free shipping OR for someone to come out to the house and assemble it for free OR some store credit as compensation for their idiocy. I have zero patience with that kind of crap! Lol.

Yes! I would have completely done the same thing! Had I been the one to call. Unfortunately my fiancé called and being as he works in costumer service and "knows what it's like to be yelled at by a customer" he was waaaaay toooo understanding and calm while I was in the background sounding like a maniac screaming and what not.
  • Honestly, I've heard SOO many horror stories with BRU. Rather it's furniture coming in months after it was supposed to, multiple sets of damaged furniture being delivered, rude customer service, completely deleted registries, struggling to return things that didn't work out, etc.

As a result, when we registered with DD, we went the BBB route. I've never heard of a single issue with BBB. Though I will say waiting for the furniture to come in for DD took forever. It took about 3 months, which they warned us, but still. We once again ordered furniture from BBB for this peanut and while they said 8-10 weeks, the crib already came in not even 2 weeks later.

I hope your crib comes soon. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh! Hearing horror stories is part of the reason DH and I decided to order our cribs from Amazon. That and the fact that they were each $40 cheaper on Amazon and had free shipping!
  • I registered with BRU last time and didn't had any issues, but I have heard horror stories from so many people!
  • That sucks! I'm so sorry. I will forewarn you ladies about Target. They are the worst to work with! We ordered our glider online - it was an estimated 7 day shipping. Over a month after it's scheduled deliver, countless hours on the phone with Target and their horrid shipping company (HomeDirect), they realized they lost the package. There was no way we were re-ordering with them. I went to BBB and found a glider in store and used my 20% off coupon. Reluctantly, we are still registering with Target, but not for any big ticket items.

Hopefully your crib will come in any day and they will do something to compensate for the late delivery! Target gave us $100 GC, which made me feel better about the situation.

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Ugh. My plan was origninally to register at BRU and Target, but after all the Target stories we're swapping that out for Amazon.  I'm so sad we don't have a BBB in the region at all, so I guess I'm stuck with BRU, but I'll just try to keep it to the smaller stuff?  Pretty lame though. :(

• Our cribs were delivered to a neighbors' house yesterday! We're at 3805 and they're 2 blocks down at 4006 - not even close! Luckily he was a nice guy - we don't know him - and had an SUV to drive them down to us! I'm not sure what we'd have done if he didn't have a big enough vehicle to redeliver them. I would have had to find help to walk them down one at a time! LOL
  • The biggest problem I had with BRU is that I kept getting duplicate things (PnP, swing) and they gave me a really hard time about returning them. These were all things on the registry that should have been taken off when people bought the items. This could have been an issue on my guests to my shower, or the employees, but why give me a hard time? I wasn't asking for cash and I just wanted to exchange them for things that I didn't receive.

This!

They were total jerks to me about trying to return duplicates when it was their registry that was malfunctioning. Also, trying to buy anything from an actual registry in store is a total pain. The codes and descriptions that print on the registry info in store are nearly meaningless. Plus they mark things up much more than other stores.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"