December 2014 Moms

Because the blankey was wet...

So last night I went out with my aunt and cousin to a concert. While I was gone I left my fiancé one simple thing to do. Finish drying the comforter and to make sure the washer finishes so he can dry the blankets..... I guess the task involved rocket sciences because when I got home all achey and half asleep at 12, the comforter was still wet and the washer never got past soaping the blankets. I then had to stay up and continuously restart the dryer till the comforter was completely dry and not just wet and hot, I had to restart the washer so that it could rinse the soap out of the blankets and then I had to dry them which felt like it took ages. Despite my temporary hatred towards him I didn't want to wake him up because he gets up at 3 to go to work and doesn't get home till 5. So I instead sat there sooo frustrated that I couldn't chew his head off for forgetting and I wasn't able to just come home and sleep in freshly washed blankets that I began to cry. I felt absolutely ridiculous for crying over the blankets being wet but cheers to hormones and frustration.

Re: Because the blankey was wet...

• Just so you know...this sounds like it would suck and is definitely a reason to cry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So last night I went out with my aunt and cousin to a concert. While I was gone I left my fiancé one simple thing to do. Finish drying the comforter and to make sure the washer finishes so he can dry the blankets..... I guess the task involved rocket sciences because when I got home all achey and half asleep at 12, the comforter was still wet and the washer never got past soaping the blankets. I then had to stay up and continuously restart the dryer till the comforter was completely dry and not just wet and hot, I had to restart the washer so that it could rinse the soap out of the blankets and then I had to dry them which felt like it took ages. Despite my temporary hatred towards him I didn't want to wake him up because he gets up at 3 to go to work and doesn't get home till 5. So I instead sat there sooo frustrated that I couldn't chew his head off for forgetting and I wasn't able to just come home and sleep in freshly washed blankets that I began to cry. I felt absolutely ridiculous for crying over the blankets being wet but cheers to hormones and frustration.

Given how exhausted I have been I would have given up and grabbed a few spare blankets (bed and throw blankets) and just crashed. 

Test
  • Loading the player...

• So last night I went out with my aunt and cousin to a concert. While I was gone I left my fiancé one simple thing to do. Finish drying the comforter and to make sure the washer finishes so he can dry the blankets..... I guess the task involved rocket sciences because when I got home all achey and half asleep at 12, the comforter was still wet and the washer never got past soaping the blankets. I then had to stay up and continuously restart the dryer till the comforter was completely dry and not just wet and hot, I had to restart the washer so that it could rinse the soap out of the blankets and then I had to dry them which felt like it took ages. Despite my temporary hatred towards him I didn't want to wake him up because he gets up at 3 to go to work and doesn't get home till 5. So I instead sat there sooo frustrated that I couldn't chew his head off for forgetting and I wasn't able to just come home and sleep in freshly washed blankets that I began to cry. I felt absolutely ridiculous for crying over the blankets being wet but cheers to hormones and frustration.

Given how exhausted I have been I would have given up and grabbed a few spare blankets (bed and throw blankets) and just crashed. 

Well you see, I was being extra stubborn and I wanted the blankets that were wet. Nothing else. Lol I was a giant two year old until my blankets were dry :)
  • I would have cried too. Hang in there!

Ps I keep thinking this thread is going to be something like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. As in...because the blankie was wet, the wife was crying, so the dog woke up and chased the cat around the house, and so on
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"