Natural Birth
Options

Making time for hypnobabies with a toddler

I'm due in october so I think a good time to start hypnobabies, but our toddler is a light napper so i tried last week to start, and he woke up early and scared the living daylight out of me running at me from room ;) so Naptime may not be a time to focus. He wakes at 6 so early hard to do. I suppose after bedtime is it. I just am curious how second time moms (I'm sahm mom) prioritize it without falling asleep early :)

Tia

Re: Making time for hypnobabies with a toddler

• Options
    Can you SO watch your son while you practice? It is only about 30 minutes and he should be able to hold down the fort and keep things quiet for you. Maybe he can be responsible for bath time and you can practice on the other end of the house with headphones? Just some ideas.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a 3 &4 year old and I usually listen to my tracks after they fall asleep.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do after bedtime.  I actually listen to my tracks to help me go to sleep.  I slept fantastically in the third tri thanks to those hypnosis sessions!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    Oh thank you! You know, I tried listening to one, and if felt really long (the one where I tried at nap time and toddler woke up). I thought I read somewhere not to do too close to bedtime so I felt like it wouldn't work if I was very tired. But better than nothing and sleeping better sounds good about now :) thank you!
  • Options
    I really struggled with this too. My son is also a light sleeper and falls asleep in our bed. A lot of the time when I was pregnant, I would fall asleep before he would! I didn't get as much practice in as I would have liked, but, in the end I still knew enough to achieve an unmedicated birth. Do the best you can and hire a doula for backup in case you forget everything you learned. ;) 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I'm not sure how Hypnobabies works since I didn't do that course, but Gentle Birth definitely OKs doing it at bedtime because even in your sleep your subconscious is listening and could even absorb more than if you tried to stay awake.  Sometimes I don't fall asleep during the session but other times I do, I always feel like I am more relaxed if I do fall asleep.  Blissborn, the other course I did, suggests you stay awake when you listen to a session for the first time because they have some exercised in them, but then says you can fall asleep listening after that.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    Bedtime or when I wake in the middle of the night. The only time feasible for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"