December 2013 Moms
Options

Healthy eating check in

Happy Thursday all!

So week one is down!

How are you doing with weight?

Did you reach your goal for last week?

Any particular challenges?

What is your SMART goal for this next week?

Any other questions or comments?

Re: Healthy eating check in

• Options
    ameegee said:
    Happy Thursday all! So week one is down! 
     How are you doing with weight? Not sure, but probably not good.
     Did you reach your goal for last week? I did amazing until yesterday.
     Any particular challenges? Yesterday was a great challenge for me, other than that no.
     What is your SMART goal for this next week? My smart goal this week is to continue/get back to last weeks goal of portion control.
     Any other questions or comments? Stress is my big downfall. When I am stressed or emotional I have 2 modes; eat all the food or starve. Luckily for my BFing this week when I started stressing my body went with the eat it all mode. Unluckily for me and my goals though. :(
  • Options
    How are you doing with weight?  I know I lost some weight this week.  I am not sure how much, because our scale isn't the greatest.  I know I definitely am down a pound.  

Did you reach your goal for last week? Yes.  I have been walking every morning.  

Any particular challenges?  Motivation.  Once I get going on my walk I am fine, but I dread going on it every morning.  

What is your SMART goal for this next week?  To have at least two servings of vegetables every day.  

Any other questions or comments?  This week went well.  I hope I can stick with it this week.  All I can think about is cookies, ice cream, and brownies.  I am not hungry when I think of them...I just love them.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you doing with weight? -Pretty good, a few pounds down so far. 
    Did you reach your goal for last week? -Nope, I really hate doing ab exercises. 
    Any particular challenges? -Getting enough calcium and protein but at the same time less salt and sugar. 
     What is your SMART goal for this next week? -Ab workout 2x and cut back on salty foods

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How are you doing with weight? Pretty much the same.

Did you reach your goal for last week? Yes, I went to zumba!

Any particular challenges? My DH, who wants ice cream every night!

What is your SMART goal for this next week? I will be on vacation, so my goal is simply to eat reasonably and not go overboard. I'd be happy not to gain weight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Sunshine5788 You know, I've noticed when it comes to bad weeks and days with LOs, you kind of just have to do what it takes to survive and not go crazy. If that means not eating as healthy for a couple days, that's okay. 

@mamagplus4chix I understand having family that don't understand proportions. But eating that ice cream slowly is a good plan! I'm glad you got to work toward your goal and plan on keep doing that!

@sweett11 congrats on the progress!! Even a little bit is awesome!

@jumpingbeanx2 it can be good to get a scale. Just make sure you don't obsessive about weighing. Your weight can change a lot quickly. 

@pashedmotatoes I hope things get easier for you! And you're right, with bfing it's better to eat more than to eat nothing. 

• Options
    @lemlemlem good job on the progress!!

@kermode61581 good job on the weight loss. I hate ab exercises too. I'm currently putting off doing burpees. I hate burpees. 

@boothbaby good job reaching your goal!! And that is a good goal for a vacation week, There is only so much you can hope to accomplish while on vacation. 

• Options

I haven't weighed, but I don't think I lost any. I don't think I gained either. 
    No, I did not. I ended up wanting more sleep because we have had some bad nights. But I have been doing 3 30 day challenges and that is awesome and even making me sore. 
    Just some insane cravings and some massive money stress. When I am stressed I want all the desserts. I withheld on my most stressful day (which was yesterday). 
    To go to the gym 1x and go for at least 2 runs. I am now training for 5k mud run on the 23rd. 
    Any other questions or comments?
    @jumpingbeanx2 I have always had trouble with snacks, but I have been munching on fruit or smoothies lately. Smoothies have been my lifesaver the past week. With almond milk and some yogurt. Awesome. Also small handfuls of trail mix. 
  • Options
    @sunshine5788 I'm doing Burpees (ugh) arms and "little black dress" tomorrow's is a lot of Burpees. I'm obviously nervous about the run or I wouldn't be trying this hard lol. I'm excited though. I've been wanting to do one for a while
  • Options

Haven't checked

I did my fitness pal app 5 times last week, though it wasn't always pretty ;(

DH put a surprise pumpkin cookie in my nursing bag and work had lots of cake this week.

Continue to use the my fitness pal app and hit 10,000 steps at least 3 times in the next week.

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• Options
    So the weekend begins, wish me luck in avoiding too many no-no foods. Mmmmmm mini donuts

• Options
    So haven't checked my weight but my clothes are still tight as ever :(

I have eaten a lot of good things but also given in to my sweet tooth more often than I'd like :(

On day 4 of 30 day abs challenge. I can do this!

Still exhausted tho :(

Trying to come up with a measurable goal for sweets.

Also, HELP PLZ Does anyone have any ideas for my "breakfast"s?? I am looking for something super easy because I just finish working the night shift and have to look after DD until DH wakes up so I am tired but still busy. Like something i can just pull out of the fridge/cupboard and eat (Its ok if i have to prep it in advance, but preferably not too time consuming) I need something that will not leave me hungry but wont sit in my belly too long since I go to sleep a few hours later. TIA!
  • Options
    I hope to join these after vacation this week ;) I have a treadmill at home that needs a little dusting off. My current work schedule doesn't allow a lot of extra time (I work 9-7 most days) but I'll be starting a new job in a few weeks that's 830-5 so I have high hopes!
  • Options
    @notthecheat smoothies are my go to snack at least. I'm going to start trying overnight oats because I get lazy in the mornings and don't actually want to cook, so it will be nice to have something already made.
  • Options
    @Sunshine5788‌ @ameegee thank you! I actually have been doing smoothies then! My problem is that it takes forever to add each ingredient, blend it up, pour it out, disassemble blender and rinse/soak. I wonder if I could add the ingredients together ahead of time and freeze them in containers... I could take a container out to partially thaw overnight and then blend in the morning? Cuz that would make it much easier. I think I might try it, thanks! And will also look into this overnight oats...

Yes, my husband is sleeping while I use the blender. But he's never complained (he's usually out of it and snores RALLY loud...)
  • Options
    Hmm or could I even blend the smoothies ahead of time and freeze them/thaw them for the morning?
  • Options
    @notthecheat‌ I'm not sure about the blending ahead and thawing. The texture might be different. I actually have bananas cut up and ready to go in the freezer. And if I use bigger fruits (like strawberries) I precut those as well so it blends easier and quicker. I just buy overripe bananas are the store, they are cheaper and I cut them up once a week and freeze them. I also buy fresh fruit when it's on sale instead of prefrozen fruit.
  • Options
    I think a food scale is good way to learn portions. Same as measuring cup etc
  • Options
    You might be able to find a cheaper one. But if you really commit to it, it can be worth it.
  • Options
    It's Monday morning! Confess your weekend sins! (Or you know, aw your accomplishments)!
  • Options
    I've really backslid lately in the sugar area so I am in the process of cutting it out again. I'm so damn addicted to this shit. It's not even funny. So this weekend wasn't great but wasn't awful. We did buy a scale and I am down 3 pounds from 3 weeks ago! Yay!
  • Options
    sweett11 said:

@notthecheat‌ I eat these bran muffins. I've made them as written but have also subbed in zucchini and also pumpkin (not in the same muffin). They're grab and go and only 80 calories. I gave also used almond milk instead of buttermilk and they've turned out great.

https://www.food.com/recipe/low-fat-but-tasty-buttermilk-apple-bran-muffins-ww-friendly-101631

Edit:added info

@sweett11 how do you sub in the zucchini?
  • Options
    I ate 1/2 pint of caramel sutra on Saturday but otherwise did pretty well! On day 6 of abs challenge...
  • Options
    Could have done better, tried to make sure I ate fruits and veggies before I moved onto other things. Haven't weighed myself yet so won't know how much damage I die this weekend until then.

• Options
    @sweett11 I made the muffins! With zucchini and coconut milk subs. I am trying to stay away from sugar now so I subbed more applesauce for the sugar and added the oats. i kept the molasses though. They didn't taste like much at first but now I love them! They are basically all flour and bran at this point though lol. Maybe I should add more zucchini next time? I just did about a 1/2 to 1 cup shredded (2/3 of a medium zucchini)
  • Options
    sweett11 said:

@sweett11 I made the muffins! With zucchini and coconut milk subs. I am trying to stay away from sugar now so I subbed more applesauce for the sugar and added the oats. i kept the molasses though. They didn't taste like much at first but now I love them! They are basically all flour and bran at this point though lol. Maybe I should add more zucchini next time? I just did about a 1/2 to 1 cup shredded (2/3 of a medium zucchini)

when i used zucchini i used quite a bit (at least one). If you did it with apples that would add to the sweetness. Or you could try adding a banana as well. Or agave/natural sweetners if you're trying to avoid white sugar.
    I'm trying to avoid added sugar/sweetener in general. My MIL suggested vanilla extract so I will try that next time with more zucchini. Maybe banana. Ain't nobody got time for the apples tho. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"