Pregnant after 35

How Did I forget about the 1st Trimester squickiness?

So somehow when I look back on my last pregnancy, (which only ended 4 1/2 months ago!!!) I apparently forgot about this feeling.  I can't explain it, it's just general unease/unrest/uncomfortableness.

Why did I forget this?  I truly thought I was super happy whole pregnancy, it took NOT being pregnant to realize, it wasn't really that super comfortable of a thing!  I guess seeing tiny babies emerge from you can cloud your judgment.

Anyway...I'm at 4 weeks now and TOTALLY can feel "That feeling" of pregnancy...this may be my last though so I'm going to try to enjoy it all!

Re: How Did I forget about the 1st Trimester squickiness?

• Know what you mean I look at my 2 yr old ds and realize I must of been in mommy bliss! This time the ms was awful and fatigue ! Thank God for the second trimester:) hang in there! Welcome and congrats!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Welcome and congrats :)  FTM here, but yeah, 1st trimester sucks except there's a simultaneous feeling of serenity.  It is bizarre.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats. My first 3 pregnancies were great compared to this one. But this time, after I hit 11 weeks every thing got better. Just being tired is my only complaint.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Congrats and welcome :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all!!  Great to be here (for real!) but wow, I took my prenatal vitamin yesterday and the "taste" of it brought it all back LOL

I was like, wait, this was not all sunshine and roses!

Can't wait for the C-section - UGH!

But seriously am so happy and fortunate - great to meet all the 35-plus moms to be!!! :)

•  Good thing we forget or no one would have more than one kid ever LOL! Hope you feel better soon! My first tri was awful as usual but I pulled out of it by 14-15 weeks or so.
  • So True 2ndGeneration!

It's not even that bad yet, just "that feeling" where you know you're pregnant and you're starting to get bloated and things are tasting and smelling weird....

I know it's worst 6-14 weeks, so holding my breath...

• I'm glad that the only crappy trimester I had was the very first one with DD#1! All my other PG have been good.  @mandyreads are do you know if you are on your 4th girl or is it a boy?  I wonder because everyone always asks if I feel different. I'm team green though! 

Welcome alexesq33!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• I don't miss that first tri feeling at all, and I wasn't even that sick. Everything just tasted bad and I felt off.

Although, I have to say this phase of being past my due date and very, very pregnant is no fun, either -- but at least food tastes good! Second tri was awesome, though, so that saved me.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• NeonNoon said:
    Welcome and congrats :)  FTM here, but yeah, 1st trimester sucks except there's a simultaneous feeling of serenity.  It is bizarre.
    I'm right there with ya NeonNoon! So happy because we've tried for so long, worked so hard to get healthy, so even though it sucks and don't feel good most of the time, amazed day by day that I'm even pregnant!

Welcome to the group @alexesq33! Congrats :)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats!  I knew that this one would be my last and it was hard to enjoy the first tri and 1/2 of the second b/c I felt so crappy.  I still have to remind myself to take a moment to enjoy the kicks and other little pregnancy things because I know I'll miss it once it all is over.  Hang in there- it eventually gets better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks all for the welcome!

Yes, msmacaul - this is my last as well - so I'm trying to enjoy but nerves are tough...

• JilliansMoma the tech and me *think* we saw a wee wee. lol I will find out next Wed. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"