December 2014 Moms
Options

risky or not

edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
My boyfriend goes to mexico every year with his mom usually around Christmas but she wants him to go Dec 1-7. Is that risky or not? im due dec 25

risky or not 121 votes

he should go
27% 33 votes
he should stay
72% 88 votes

Re: risky or not

• Options
    Depends...what part of Mexico? We just got back from there in March and the blood banks won't let him donate do to a recent outbreak in the cancun area at the time.

Test
  • Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited August 2014
    How far away is it from where you live? Could he make it back if you went into labor early? I don't think it's too risky for him to go for health reasons but I'm guessing you don't want him to miss the birth. I'd say ask him to skip it this year. 
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Were In north carolina
  • Options
    I wouldn't want him to go that close to the due date
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's almost a month from when you are due so I would say let him go. Unless you have BP issues or GD or something high risk the. I vote no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    Does his mom have (medical) issues with traveling alone? If so is there some one in the family that can travel with her? Do you have a support system if you go into labor early?

Test
  • Options

I cant answer the poll because Im not sure how youre defining risky.... Or whether you already don't want him to go or think it will be okay for him to go.

I would say that if you are uncomfortable with him going, then you should talk to him about it. I personally wouldn't be a fan of my SO going anytime in the 3rd trimester... maybe cuz I am just selfish and want him around and plus I feel like when Im in my 9th month I might need him to help me with things around the house etc (honestly I am not sure because Im a FTM... but you know... just in case lol).

But if you feel okay with it and your pregnancy is going well and as planned, then I would say, sure.

• Options
    I'd say if you have a normal pregnancy it would probably be safe for him to go as far as your due date is concerned. Most FTMs go full term, I know not all do but it is common. If it's other risks your concerned about then I'm not too sure how to answer.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Not quite sure but if he does decide to go get refundable or transferable ticket or even two one way tickets in case he has to leave early. That way if something happens between now and then he can change the date. Its a little close for me but I am a ftm and would want him closer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    path75 said:

Not quite sure but if he does decide to go get refundable or transferable ticket or even two one way tickets in case he has to leave early. That way if something happens between now and then he can change the date. Its a little close for me but I am a ftm and would want him closer.

Maybe even trip insurance?

Test
  • Options
    Well, I would be wary about my husband going on a trip that close to my due date. However, this is something he does with his mom every year and it may be important to him to spend this time with her. Is it going to be a problem next year with him going so close to the baby's birthday?

As worrisome as it may be for you, I think you should be okay with him going. It would kind of suck if you convinced him that he shouldn't go and then the baby didn't come until January. Just a thought.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    I would skip it this year because it's for pleasure and his job is supporting you and the baby. If you ended up in labor or even just needing to go to the hospital or something (G-d forbid) you would resent him for it and if he missed the birth, you would both be upset. 

If it were for work, that would be a different story, but missing one vacation isn't going to hurt anything. I'm guessing that his mom (if she lives out of town) will come in to see the baby after the birth so it's not like this is the one time in the year he'll see her. 
  • Options
    I would ask him to skip it. It's close to your due date and these are the last moments that you have together before LO arrives. I would want him to be with me and enjoying our last "just us" time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"