Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

20 MO sleep woes...

Need advice on if this stage will pass.  My 20 month old is great at going to bed, we put her down around 745 and she falls asleep by 815.  In that 30 min she rolls around, talks to herself, and just winds down.  The issue we are having is that the past 2 weeks she has been waking at 4-430 and just babbling to herself.  She will squeal, babble, make noises etc.  She usually falls back asleep by 530-6AM.  I am not sure what to do.  I don't go in there because she is not upset, but I worry about the lack of sleep and such a long wakeful period.  ANy ideas on what could be causing this?  My only guess is she is really starting to talk up a storm so wants to practice.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 20 MO sleep woes...

• Options
    It's probably just a phase.  I wouldn't go in and get her.  If she seems like she's acting okay (not overly fussy or upset) then I'd just throw a pillow over my head and go back to sleep.  This is what I do if DS wakes up super early.  He usually goes back to sleep.  Or at least stays quiet and happy enough that I get to.  I don't verify which it is.  
  • Options
    You are doing what I would do. I wouldn't go in if she's not upset.  It's probably a phase. At least she's going back to sleep and not up for the day at 4AM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"