April 2015 Moms

What are you (really) eating?

Hope this isn't redundant since I'm technologically impaired, but...

What are you ladies eating?

I'm 5+6 currently and I've known for 2 weeks. I cut out all the big no-no's (raw meat, high-mercury fish, alcohol, deli meats, etc...) and have been getting in my fair share of wheat bread, avocados, lean protein, leafy greens, milk, and fruit, but DAMN, do I want tacos, chicken fingers, and ice cream! I've indulged my cravings a bit and feel kind of guilty. I kind of don't buy that women are eating raw carrots and broccoli around the clock. Thoughts?

Re: What are you (really) eating?

• What's wrong with tacos?  We have them once a week at home and usually go out for Mexican once a week...

I drink a protein drink in the morning because I hate breakfast but I know I need it.  Lunch depends on how I'm feeling and what I'm the mood for, but it's usually leftovers from last night's dinner.  As for dinner...usually a lean meat, some kind of carb (couscous, rice, pasta), and vegetables.  On taco night, I eat just as many veggies as I do meat and tortilla.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • To be honest, for the first week I ate super healthy, lots of veggies and fruits and whole grain bread...then the nausea and food aversions set in. Now at just over 6 weeks, the idea of anything with a lot of fiber, especially vegetables or whole grains, makes me feel sick. The only healthy foods I can stomach are milk, yogurt and eggs...but what I'm really craving is sweets, mac and cheese, biscuits and gravy... I feel horribly guilty about not eating more healthy, like I'm a bad mother already...but what are you supposed to do when your stomach won't accept it??? So basically I totally feel ya. All we can do is just eat the best we can and take our vitamins...they say later on in pregnancy the aversions and cravings calm down...this is my first pregnancy so we shall see!

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

BabyFetus TickerWorkout Row Flip Fail.gif

• **and by the first week, I mean the first week I knew I was pregnant, so 4 weeks really

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

• I'm working from home today and just now for lunch I had 5 swedish pankcakes from Trader Joes.  I even sprinkled them with powdered sugar.  I don't feel guilty.

I've pretty much given up caffeine, I won't eat raw fish, and I will stay away from deli meat unless I'm getting it fresh sliced into a sandwich.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ha, glad to know I'm not alone! I have no idea if I'm even having pregnancy food cravings because I honestly crave food 24/7 in my typical life. My love affair with food is relentless and undying. I can't wait to cash in on "eating for two", because I seriously could do that now... Also, I just ate two leftover chicken fingers.
  • I was pretty healthy to start, but I eat pretty much the same! Maybe sneak in more snacks than usual...umm and love love some tacos!
  • I've given up caffeine, deli meats, alcohol all the no no's pretty much have had ice cream once or twice but the last week or so I have been snacking bc of all day sickness. Peanut butter crackers, low cal Gatorade, water, fruit, almonds, but unfortunately the only "real" food I can keep down are pierogies lol which my polish family thinks is hilarious!
  • breakfast is a protein shake, and I've been on an egg salad sandwich kick, so 2 hard boiled eggs (I normally take the yolk out of one, a lil bit of light mayo and mustard on a plain bagel thin, with some type of fruit or veggie stick (carrots and hummus today) and a fage Greek yogurt for a snack later.. But then I go home and that's where it gets dicey, dinner this week was a cheese burger, turkey tacos, home made pizza (with pepperoni <-can we even eat this?) oh and the other night I made a small bowl of rice crispie treats (melt a few marshmellows in the microwave and pour in rice crispies... Add in some chocolate chips and stir... Ahhh soooo good (totally not on my healthy plan....)
  • I had cottage cheese for breakfast and have fruit sitting on my desk waiting to be eaten. Of course someone had to bring in 3 boxes of donuts this morning and I couldn't resist having one. I'll probably grab half a sandwich and soup for lunch and will have some form of protein and veggies for dinner.

Trying to eat healthy the same way I tried before my BFP. I've cut out alcohol, switched to decaf tea, and won't be eating raw sushi anymore. There was zero mention of cutting out deli meat from the doctor so I'm not worried about it.

• I'll be honest and say the only things I've cut out are alcohol and caffeine. I've slowed down on the sugar. But as far as eating healthy, I've always been terrible at it because I feel like I'm starving.
  • In general? Pretty damn healthy: oatmeal, lots of veggies, salmon, greek yogurt. Right now, though? Whataburger. Because Texas.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I gained more than I wanted to with DD so I'm trying to be better this time around. I've been eating really healthy and I know once the m/s kicks in I won't be wanting to eat fish and veggies

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In general? Pretty damn healthy: oatmeal, lots of veggies, salmon, greek yogurt. Right now, though? Whataburger. Because Texas.

Omg... @AggieDaner‌ I'm originally from Texas, but now live on Michigan... all I want right now are are taquitos... or chicken fingers with gravy. Love. Whataburger.

As far as what I eat... right now I don't have too much of an appetite, not sick, just not hungry. today I had my coffee, followed by some zesty ranch veggie stix for breakfast, a green smoothie after yoga and now some white cheddar popcorn... I don't feel guilty one bit.

BFP: 9/21/13 | EDD:5/31/14 | MC confirmed:11/6/13 | D&C:11/12/13
    BFP: 1/14/14 | EDD: 9/21/14 | MC confirmed: 2/3/14 | D&C: 2/4/14
    DX 3/18/14 (Complete) Septate Uterus | Resection 4/22/14
    BFP: 8/5/14 | EDD: 4/19/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • hef7hef7 member
    I am craving everything bad for me! Also the only thing that seems to help my sickness is drinking a soda unfortunately, but I'm trying not to, I've pretty much cut out my morning coffee which is so hard bc I'm a big coffee drinker! And sadly as much as I dispise it, I crave nasty Taco Bell :( but I have been doing better this week, fruits and veggies also I'm craving peanuts.
  • I'm eating pretty good. This LO has me craving cherry, walnut goat cheese salad and anything with spinach. 
  • I cut out caffeine and alcohol. I was never a deli meat eater before and I don't eat red meat or dairy so I'm sticking with veggies, fruit, whole grains and turkey or chicken. I am adding in cottage cheese though because I love it. We have gone out to eat a few times since finding out and I felt bad about it at first but now I know it's not a huge deal. I just want to eat healthy obviously for baby but to help keep my weight in control. 
    Married 3/5/10
    Started TTC Baby #1 6/2014
    BFP #1 7/27/2014 
    EDD 4/3/2014
    IT'S A GIRL! 10/16/14
    Team Pink!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited August 2014
    I had already cut down on alcohol and caffeine before getting my BFP, and we normally eat pretty well: fruits, veggies, whole grains, and fish. I cheat and have not so good things too: burgers, fried chicken, and other Southern staples. I just try to keep it in moderation. Mostly, I have been feeling pretty nauseated so it has been baked potatoes and other bland stuff. But today I have felt really good, so I am having a gyro and fries for dinner BECAUSE I CAN! And I am so excited about it. Like, it is 1pm here and I am looking forward to my gyro like I was going to marry it. I have issues.
  • Same here as most. Overall a pretty healthy eater. Breakfast is normally a protein bar and a banana. Lunch is whatever the hospital has in the cafeteria that looks most appetizing, often salads but today was a baked potato with broccoli, bacon, and cheese. And dinner we normally make at home, lots of quinoa and veggies, chicken or fish, or we go out for dinner, Vietnamese is common for us.
  • You all put me to shame! I love carbs, Mac and cheese is lunch for me on the reg. That being said, I basically eat the same as I did before finding out. Generally healthy, "everything in moderation" idea.
  • Last night I had a Lots a' meat deep dish from Nancy's Pizza and enjoyed every bite! As far as I'm concerned, it covered dairy, grains, protein, and fruit! #BAM! (A gal has to splurge from time to time)
  • Mmmm, Gyros!

I have cut out the alcohol and pop for the most part and increased water. Right now, I'm just eating whatever my stomach can handle, which isn't much.  I feel like I have to force myself to eat because nothing sounds good.  Breakfast, I usually have a smoothie or protein shake.  Lunch is a toss up right now.  I'm not looking forward to going back to work when I have to actually plan out my lunch ahead of time.  Dinner is usually a lean protein and veggies. 

Dating 3.14.04
    Engaged 3.13.10
    Married 6.25.11
    EDD 4.15.15

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"

BabyFruit Ticker

• balcerekc said:
    I've given up caffeine, deli meats, alcohol all the no no's pretty much have had ice cream once or twice but the last week or so I have been snacking bc of all day sickness. Peanut butter crackers, low cal Gatorade, water, fruit, almonds, but unfortunately the only "real" food I can keep down are pierogies lol which my polish family thinks is hilarious!
    Pierogies…yuuuuuummmmm.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image  &nbsp

• I've had fried chicken chimichangas three times this week!!! Don't tell DH he thinks I'm eating cereal or something. I seriously crave them and drool over them at work. And then I cut out like four hours early so I can eat them at home. Then take an EPIC nap. Don't tell DH about that either.
  • All I want is Pepsi! !!! I don't even like sofa. Anything else is completely unappealing. I've been forcing small meals but I don't want them.
  • I have never seen myself eat this much and feel perfectly fine afterwards. Breakfast: graham crackers with peanut crackers and 2 Madeleine with Apple juice. lunch: sweet potato fries, fruits with cottage cheese, chimichanga, with sprite... I had picked some salad but couldn't eat it.
    I have also finished a pint of vanilla ice cream in 2 days. ( which I rarely eat but been craving lately).
  • I already do this anyways, so I'm hoping it will stick during pregnancy. Breakfast is either oatmeal, 3 egg whites, quest protein bar or banana. Most days for lunch (5/7) I make a 36-48 oz smoothie with protein powder, flax seed, almond milk, water, ripe banana, frozen mixed fruit and frozen spinach. I usually have a snack in the afternoon like 1 slice of provolone and triscuits or cottage cheese. For dinner we almost always have a salad, meat, sometimes cous cous or potato and always veggies. But, 1-2x week I eat the bad stuff, but try to not be too bad. Like, 2 slices of pizza and a salad. Doesn't always work out that way, but I try! To me, I eat 80% healthy and 20% realistic.
  • I eat pretty much anything that doesn't make me want to barf or pass out. I still have coffee (but only one cup) and I'm not a big fan of most of the other stuff we're not supposed to eat. My weak spot though - which is strange considering the constant feeling of puke - sausage biscuits from mcdonalds. It's questionable if it's even meat but holy god it's good.
  • I never have caffeine and rarely drink alcohol so that's not going to be a huge issue for me....well, except for football season. I'm going to miss a tall, cold fall beer during football season.

As for right now, if it's spicy I'm going to eat it. Especially spicy hummus from our local Mediterranean deli. Hummus is yummus ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Honestly? I'm eating pretzels. And anything else I can stomach at the moment, but mostly salty processed carbs. (Which I may or may not keep down long enough to matter.) During my last pregnancy I started out with great intentions and got so sick I was eating anything I could stomach just for the calories. My LO doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects from it. So good for you all for being so health conscious, but don't beat yourself up over a taco or bowl of ice cream.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also cut out alcohol and caffeine but my diet is terrible. The state fair is happening in where I live and I've been ingesting all the fried cheese and cream puffs I can handle!

I'm going to give it an earnest attempt to eat better though, and soon! With my last one I gained 40 pounds and although my OB/GYN said it was just fine, it didn't feel fine on my 5'0" frame. Don't wanna do that again!
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• I had salmon tartar for lunch :) I just decrease my caffeine intake to one or two cups a day and I very very rarely indulge in a small beverage of the adult nature. I don't eat high mercury fish and that's about it! The rest stays the same.
  • I cut out alcohol... With this 2nd pregnancy I am feeling a lot less strict about everything else. I am drinking my one cup of coffee a day until the most likely future morning sickness arrives and I get sick just smelling coffee (happened last entire pregnancy.. I love love love me some coffee but bebe said no!) I am trying to drink more water, but I am dreading the m/s!!! I didn't get m/s until 9-10 weeks last time but lasted until 25 weeks. At least this time I am prepared! With graham crackers! And peanut butter. Yum.
  • @sfmcelduff- I am the same way! I am craving salty, fatty breakfast foods, it's like all I can stomach some days! Maybe it's a comfort food thing?

• Finally! Someone who isn't going to torture themselves! You enjoy that medium steak!
  • I love seeing the woman who are honest and eat what they want! I'm cutting the obviously bad stuff, but I still have my cup of coffee in the morning, and if I want a huge bowl of ice cream at night, guess what I'm having?! I will say though, if I could eat broccoli cheese soup for every meal id be a very happy woman
  • Carbs carbs CARBS-craving rice everyday! Oatmeal for breakfast, cut back on sugar and soda, no coffee, I already didn't drink, cut out deli meats/soft cheeses/and fish, limit the hot sauce or salsa I put on my food, and TRY to drink more water.
  • I'm only 5 1/2 weeks, so I'm eating and working out normally.  I always watch my calories and try to keep my diet full of veggies and lean proteins.  I've had no cravings or sickness yet, but expect it to come based on my last pregnancy (7 months of horrible morning sickness.) 

But who knows? Maybe it will be different and I will be able to continue to eat healthy the entire pregnancy? *fingers crossed*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"