Pregnant after 35

Prenantal Vitamins

So I am just wondering what everyone is taking? I got some samples from my Dr. last week. Have been looking them over and noticed that out of the 3 none of them have calcium. Really am I missing something??

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Prenantal Vitamins

• Not sure ...I take walmart brand my ob doesn't care as long as it is going along with good diet. I think mine as calcium now will have to check:s
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Rainbow Light Prenatal One for me

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Rainbow Light Prenatal One for me
    Does yours have calcium in it? I was really surprised that none of the samples my Dr. gave me had calcium in them. I just always thought it was a standard ingredient. I do plan to ask him and do some research. Thank you!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I took Target brand prenatals for most of my pregnancy - they include something like 19% DV of calcium and they have iron. 

I wouldn't take a prenatal (or any multivitamin) without calcium, personally. I am surprised that the sample brands are missing it!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I took Target brand prenatals for most of my pregnancy - they include something like 19% DV of calcium and they have iron. 

I wouldn't take a prenatal (or any multivitamin) without calcium, personally. I am surprised that the sample brands are missing it!
    Yes!! This ^^^^ I was surprised also!! I keep looking at them and thinking...have they renamed calcium and I do not know this. Lol!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I take nature made I think....and target. I take those with DHA.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • I take gummies, they dont have iron or calcium, so I supplement those.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • darn now I need calcium pills.  Thanks for the reminder... didn't even think to look. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• I took CoralCal (it's a coral based calcium supplement that's apparently absorbed by your body easier...)

but ask your Dr....I just took a raw greens powder, and coral cal, and folic acid (x2 for twins!) and they are super healthy now and thriving...

my 2 cents - doc could tell you better!!

• OH Edit to Add:

I COULDN'T swallow prenatals - that's why I didn't take them.  I couldn't take the chewables because they were literally coated in sugar (NASTY)

SO that's why I had a weird vitamin regimen!

• Well I did go get some vitamins today. Was out of samples and I do not see my Dr. till the end of the month. I picked up Nature Maid w/ DHA. I definitely wanted some with DHA! I really do feel like it helps with mood!! I took it with my last baby.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited August 2014
    Rainbow Light Prenatal One for me
    Does yours have calcium in it? I was really surprised that none of the samples my Dr. gave me had calcium in them. I just always thought it was a standard ingredient. I do plan to ask him and do some research. Thank you!!
    I take this one too, it has 200mg of calcium... of course we need 1200-1500mg. My OB said to take Tums Smoothies as well, there's another 600mg of calcium there (for 2 tablets) and then get the rest from food. I'll be struggling with this as I am dairy-free...

I like the Rainbow Light because it's is all natural, vegan, etc. and we're trying to eat/live healthier. I also take Prenatal DHA by Nordic Naturals (https://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Products/Product_Details/98/?ProdID=1434), which we buy at Whole Foods. You can get the RL prenatals there too, or at Vitamin Shoppe. I also take Reacted Iron, Vitamin D3 and Methylfolate (folic acid) since my body has a very hard time absorbing these naturally from food - all also natural/homeopathic brands that I buy from my doctor directly. It starts to add up -- but we want the baby to be as healthy as possible! And my last blood work results were great, so it's finally working right.

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Target's Up&up brand, both last time and this.
  • I really like the gummy prenatals (I usually take/buy the Target brand ones).  I also supplement extra folic acid, b6, b12, and D.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!! I can't wait to see my doctor and ask him some questions! I really like the ones I took with my last baby, but just noticed that they have red dye 40 in them. I don't like that, so I will probably pass on those.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mdogan29 said:
    I take this one too, it has 200mg of calcium... of course we need 1200-1500mg. My OB said to take Tums Smoothies as well, there's another 600mg of calcium there (for 2 tablets) and then get the rest from food. I'll be struggling with this as I am dairy-free...

I like the Rainbow Light because it's is all natural, vegan, etc. and we're trying to eat/live healthier. I also take Prenatal DHA by Nordic Naturals (https://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Products/Product_Details/98/?ProdID=1434), which we buy at Whole Foods. You can get the RL prenatals there too, or at Vitamin Shoppe. I also take Reacted Iron, Vitamin D3 and Methylfolate (folic acid) since my body has a very hard time absorbing these naturally from food - all also natural/homeopathic brands that I buy from my doctor directly. It starts to add up -- but we want the baby to be as healthy as possible! And my last blood work results were great, so it's finally working right.
    I think I will look into these Rainbow Light vitamins. I have taken Nordic Naturals before, I used to get the Strawberry ones! That has been awhile, don't know if they still have them. I did not know they had Prenatals. :) Taking DHA is very important to me. For my baby and me I took it with my 1st and 3rd. Not with my 2nd and I had PPD.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sahara6971Sahara6971 member
    edited August 2014
    Yes, it has 200mg of calcium :)

ETA - Glad i read this post. I will be asking my doctor about the amount of calcium I need!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"