February 2015 Moms

FFFC

because I want ALLLLL the notifications this morning apparently
.image

Re: FFFC

• We haven't told anyone about this pregnancy yet, not even immediate family. And, contrary to what you might think, the longer it goes the easier it is to wait now. 

We were waiting till after the first u/s, then until after firs tri, now we are waiting till after our 2nd appt., then my parents will be out of town for a week, then we might as well wait till we get the panorama results back (that we are planning on doing at the 2nd appt) - at that point I will be close to 16wks.

It is so easy because we don't live anywhere near any family. I could probably go the entire pregnancy without anyone (family - not work obvs.) knowing. 
  • Trin42 said:

I don't know what the difference is between blue and Chambray. They both look blue to me :-/

I've never heard of "chambray".
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2014
    Chambray is a lightweight weave of fabric, not a color. It can actually be any color, but the most common/traditional is light blue. The threads going one way (weft) are white and the other way are the color (warp) which gives the fabric its texture and sort of varied color. My grandfather worked in sales for a mill and his department specialized in denim and chambray :-)

• I just ordered our double stroller because BRU is having a huge sale.  I just spent more on a stroller than I did on DD's crib.  I may or may not be having heart palpitations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ducktale said:

I find the Muppets terrifying. Kermit and Miss Piggy are okay, but the rest are so creepy. Sugah posted a gif with a muppet yesterday and I had to scroll quickly through it. I sincerely do not understand how people can enjoy the muppets and not get nightmares.

Finally another person who gets it! I also cant stand movies like the dark crystal and labyrinth. got to the hands part and made dh turn it the hell off.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I got a really nasty pimple on my inner thigh after sweating like crazy in Florida, and it hurt a lot. I ended up using acne cream on it to make it go down even though it is a no-no for pregnancy. It's almost 100% gone and feels so much better and I can't say I regret it.

I have never heard you can't use OTC acne cream during pregnancy, I asked my doc about it with DS and she said it was fine, I use it almost every day... No worries

Mine too. Dr said I'd have to eat large quantities of the stuff to actually have a problem.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I cannot stand the word cunt. The more I think about it the more I want to throat punch someone.

This is the second day that I have woken up without m/s. It's glorious and a little disturbing at the same time. DH is on base for the weekend and I have off today. While I don't need to say in bed because I feel bad, I really just want to be lazy today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @ducktale Sorry boo. Never want to scare you :)

Another for me...

I just scheduled my 16 week elective sex u/s. NO REGRETS. I want to know. 

And I will on Sept 6th! LESS THAN A MONTH. I don't care if it's frivolous or money we don't need to spend. Psh. I want answers and we can afford it.

That is when we are having our elective gender scan too! I thought a Saturday might be easier this year, and it allows us to take our toddler. I can't wait! I hope our babies cooperate!

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ducktale said:

I find the Muppets terrifying. Kermit and Miss Piggy are okay, but the rest are so creepy. Sugah posted a gif with a muppet yesterday and I had to scroll quickly through it. I sincerely do not understand how people can enjoy the muppets and not get nightmares.

Finally another person who gets it! I also cant stand movies like the dark crystal and labyrinth. got to the hands part and made dh turn it the hell off.

Yes same! That kind of stuff terrifies me. Fraggle Rock, Alf, that Dinosaurs show that used to be on. Terrifying!
    X_X
  • omg dont get me started about dinosaurs! i use to run screaming from the room as a kid when my dad would put it on. DH thinks its hilarious that i canr stand these shows.

• @Ducktale‌ I feel the same way about Sesame Street.
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • @Ducktale‌ I feel the same way about Sesame Street.
    shame on you... Nothing wrong with Sesame!! 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • I hate when people say "but yet." You only need to say one...but or yet.

Scandalous confession, I know.
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • kkleigh10 said:

Continuing with the creepy kids shows/movies, I HATE the movie ET. I know it's a classic but it scared the absolute shit out of me when I was little. That scene where everyone thinks he's dead and he turns white and they zip him in a plastic bag? Ughghghghgh no thanks. And the way he says "Eliot" gives me nightmares.

I went to Universal in high school and there was an ET ride. I thought I'd be fine but nope, still the scariest thing ever.

My sentiments exactly! I had to leave the room as a kid because I thought I was going to throw up when he turned white.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Maple403Maple403 member
    edited August 2014
    One of my coworkers this week tried to pressure me to drink alcohol while pregnant. I told him I was not comfortable drinking whole pregnant and that I wasn't really interested in alcohol right now anyway. He got really offended and insisted that I should drink 1-2 drinks. I was really upset by him- I understand some people drink while pregnant. That is their choice and I don't judge. But if I say 1- I'm not comfortable with it and 2- I don't want a drink anyway, then why the hell would you keep pressuring me?! It was like he personally wanted me to agree with him that drinking is ok in order to validate his own opinion. If you choose to drink, or your wife chooses to drink, while pregnant, fine. Don't expect other people to automatically agree with you or to make the same choices. ARGH.

Edited for stupid autocorrect
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • When I was a kid, I only watched the scenes in scary movies in which the sun was out. My theory was that nothing scary happened in the daylight. It worked pretty well, but I didn't watch much of the movies lol
  • Wizard of Oz scares me to this day! I get scared watching zombie movies. When DH watches The Walking Dead I have to close my eyes. Ridiculous!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Maple403 said:

One of my coworkers this week tried to pressure me to drink alcohol while pregnant. I told him I was not comfortable drinking whole pregnant and that I wasn't really interested in alcohol right now anyway. He got really offended and insisted that I should drink 1-2 drinks. I was really upset by him- I understand some people drink while pregnant. That is their choice and I don't judge. But if I say 1- I'm not comfortable with it and 2- I don't want a drink anyway, then why the hell would you keep pressuring me?! It was like he personally wanted me to agree with him that drinking is ok in order to validate his own opinion. If you choose to drink, or your wife chooses to drink, while pregnant, fine. Don't expect other people to automatically agree with you or to make the same choices. ARGH.

Edited for stupid autocorrect

I missed the confession part of this?
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got a really nasty pimple on my inner thigh after sweating like crazy in Florida, and it hurt a lot. I ended up using acne cream on it to make it go down even though it is a no-no for pregnancy. It's almost 100% gone and feels so much better and I can't say I regret it.

I have never heard you can't use OTC acne cream during pregnancy, I asked my doc about it with DS and she said it was fine, I use it almost every day... No worries
    ^ This. My OB last time said as long as I don't plan on swallowing my zit cream, I was good to go :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really dislike Elmo.

Is it really necessary for him to speak in third person all the time? It drives me insane.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Before I was married I watched Kiss the Girls one night with my BFF and her husband, then had to go home to my dark, empty house!!  I like suspense and horror movies, but not when I have to go home alone!! And certain stuff I can't stomach no matter what. All y'all Walking Dead people can have your zombies, I just can't do it. 
  • Trin42 said:

RE: scary movies

5 yrs later, all my husband has to say is "I'm hungry" in a creepy voice and I'll be scared for several nights (like I can't be in the dark or by myself, look out the window at night, have my leg/arm over the side of my bed, I have to turn off the light and run into bed since there's a gap underneath the bed).

All that because those words were the tag line the monster/man said in a scary movie that I BEGGED DH to stop watching. I was so scared I couldn't get off the couch and even if I could have, I was so scared at that point that I couldn't be in a room by myself so I had to stay. I had a pillow over my head, plugged my ears, and hummed for an hour.

ETA:  it was an episode called "Skin and Bones" from a TV show called Fear Itself

omg i watched all those episodes. the one that scared me an my then 13 yr old nephew was the windigo episode. idr the name. he was scared to go home and i was scared to drive him.

• @ducktale you're right, got caught up in the backstory.

Confession- I hate it when my make coworkers try to advise me about pretty much anything to do with my pregnancy. My first example is the most extreme one. Here's another one that just happened: a different male coworker just told me I should not be 'allowed' to wear jeans now. I just kind of glared at him and walked away- I have no idea what he meant by that comment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Maple403Maple403 member
    edited August 2014
    @ducktale you're right, got caught up in the backstory.

Confession- I hate it when my male coworkers try to advise me about pretty much anything to do with my pregnancy. My first example is the most extreme one. Here's another one that just happened: a different male coworker just told me I should not be 'allowed' to wear jeans now that I'm pregnant. I just kind of glared at him and walked away- I have no idea what he meant by that comment.

Our workplace is casual, so it had nothing to do that I was wearing jeans at work.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mandamoochiemandamoochie member
    edited August 2014
    Maple403 said:

@ducktale you're right, got caught up in the backstory.

Confession- I hate it when my make coworkers try to advise me about pretty much anything to do with my pregnancy. My first example is the most extreme one. Here's another one that just happened: a different male coworker just told me I should not be 'allowed' to wear jeans now. I just kind of glared at him and walked away- I have no idea what he meant by that comment.

Im so lost... WTF does that mean that your not allowed to wear jeans?!? :-/ dont know if my husband got burned at some point or he's just smart for a man; but, he KNOWS you dont say anything about pregnancy to a pregnant woman unless she says it first.

Eta I hit the wrong emoji.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• yeah it creeped me the hell out abd i love horror movies. it takes a lot to scare me.

• @mandamoochie I have no idea! If my pants still fit, why can't I wear them? I'm glad it's Friday because I need a few days' break from some of these people.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Confession: I'm secretly scared that I will do to my second child as my mother and sister have done to theirs. I never realized it growing up until I saw my sister doing it to her children constantly. That is my sister is older than me and my sister was always clinging to my mom and I always was taken care of by whomever else happened to be around either my dad or one of my moms very close friends who didn't have children and when I say taken care of I mean anything you had to do with a adult my sister was with mom and I was with whoever else. Now as I see it happening to my nieces it really saddens me and I'm petrified I will do it to my future children. Absolutely rediulous I know...

P.S. Im a worry wart lol
  • HerHighnessHerHighness member
    edited August 2014

To me the scariest parts of the labyrinth are David Bowie's balls
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • There are commercials for a new show called Stalker or something like that. In the preview, the stalker comes up from under her bedroom rug through a hole in her floor. It terrified me!!!
    When I wake up during the night to pee, I'm terrified something will come up through my rug so I practically run to and from the potty!!!
    I'm sure DH thinks I'm nuts.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not seeing a lot of real confessions in this thread.

Sometimes I lurk M15 because they are more interesting than we are. Case in point: their daily random thread is already up to 9 pages.
  • We watched this independent movie called Frozen during my first pregnancy. It was about these college kids that for stuck on a ski lift and the resort closed for the weekend and they were left there. The guys jump down to get help, one breaks his legs and they both get eaten by wolves. The girl manages to get down with only a twisted ankle and manages to slide/crawl to the road and get to the hospital.
    It was such an exaggerated plot. I know that wolves don't eat people. It just completely freaked me out. I blame the pregnancy hormones because I had such vivid nightmares after watching that movie. It's been 5 years and I still have nightmares about it if I talk about it in the evening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • I'm making monkey bread for a shower tht I'm co-hosting tomorrow for a friend. It smells so freaking good, though... I think I might snag a few pieces from the bottom before I flip it (since it's in a bundt pan). No one will notice, right?!

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• @MaddScientist‌ You could un-sticky them.. then they dont stay yellow constantly :)
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• huh I thought only sugah could sticky and unsticky things... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"