TTC after 35

US today and found out I may have already ovulated! No IUI for me!

Went in for my CD13 today to find out what size follicles I had. I thought I would be triggering today and scheduling IUI #2 for tomorrow. I have responded well with each medicated cycle (multiple Clomid cycles and this would be cycle 2 with letrozole) and I usually don't have good sized follicles until CD 13-16. When I saw the little follicles on the US, even before my RE said 12mm out loud, I was thinking "F*ck, it didn't work this month" After the US he told me, either I am still early in the cycle and the follicles (I had a 12mm on both ovaries) are still growing OR I have already ovulated. I told him I was feeling ovulation pains in both of my ovaries on Sunday night, but I didn't think I was really ovulating because it was still early in my cycle. He said I had a trilaminar lining, which he said was good. I also did bloodwork (progesterone, estradiol and LH) to confirm whether or not I ovulated or not, but I won't hear from them until around 4pm today. Hubby and I BDed Sunday and last night, so hoping we didn't need IUI this month! =) 

Has anyone else ovulated early on Letrozole, like CD 10-11? I don't temp because I am a nurse and my sleeping patterns are not regular and I stopped using OPK's since I was going in for ultrasounds and getting trigger shots. 

Thanks! 
Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
DH's SA-normal
Hormones all within normal levels
Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

Re: US today and found out I may have already ovulated! No IUI for me!

• Oh, no! I hope either that you didn't and they can still do the IUI, or that TI with your husband did the trick.  Good luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Thanks @Davie813‌! The nurse just called, she said it looks like I ovulated recently because my progesterone is rising and to continue with BDing with the hubs. Here's to another long 2WW!
    Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
    OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
    DH's SA-normal
    Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
    01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
    06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
    07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
    08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
    09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

• Loading the player...
  • lcwedlcwed member
    Good luck with the everything.  FX nature did it's thing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I don't have any experience in what you are going through, but wanted to wish you good luck!  :)
  • good thing you guys BDed! :)
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • I'm on letrozole, too, for CD2-6. In the past, I always got my positive OPK on CD14 or CD15, the last two cycles it has shown up on CD12. So in my experience, the letrozole does speed things up a little bit.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • I've been so curious lately about what femara will do to my O.  I always O on 14 or 15.  But this being my first medicated cycle, IDK what to expect.  I hope mine doesn't move up, as DH is out of town until early on CD13!  Yikes!  I'm on CD11 now and so far all neg OPK's. 

Yes, good thing you guys BD'd.  A friend of mine never O'd on her own until femara.  They BD'd by chance at the right time and got BFP w/o doing the IUI they had planned.  Fingers crossed for you!
  • Thanks! I hope we have as good as luck as your friend did! 

HSG-normal
    DH's SA-normal

• I'll also add....for lots of women, O day moving up while on femara can be normal.  But it being delayed a bit can be normal too.  According to Dr. Google anyway...

Also, just a word of encouragement....it took me almost a full year to get pregnant with my first.  Not a thing found to be wrong with me or DH.  It just took awhile.  And I was mid-20's then!  Hang in there!
  • My O moved from CD14/15 to CD 12/13 on Femara, so I'd say it's pretty normal to have things shift around.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Well now I know for next cycle (if I don't get a BFP this month) to go in for my US on CD11 instead of CD13 like I usually do! I think I might start using OPKs again too!

HSG-normal
    DH's SA-normal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"