December 2014 Moms
Options

A/S sex question?

Hi ladies! Had my 20 wk scan today and baby is healthy and perfect! I have felt that this one was a boy, mainly because everything has been the exact opposite compared to my pregnancy with DD. We were late to our appt, only by 15 mins. There was terrible rain and traffic was backed up. I tried calling 5 times and got the answering service every time. Anyways, they were annoyed I was late (which I NEVER am) so they rushed me into the US room. The US lady (my tech I loved that I had with DD retired) was REALLY rushing through the whole thing. She got a glimpse of the bottom and said hm looks pretty smooth I think you've got a girl and continued on with the scan. She did the same thing one other time and then it was over. With my DD my tech got inbetween the legs and was determined to get a for sure look, and got pics with obvious lady parts. This gal never even tried to get a legit peek other than looking from the bottom and I'm a bit annoyed. We really were hoping for a boy, but we are totally okay having another girl I just wish I had more concrete proof that she's a little girl. My DH keeps saying she's a professional and probably wouldn't say if she wasn't sure, I just wish she hadnt of rushed so I would feel more confident. Have any of you had this happen and then come to find out differently or the same? Sorry for the long story, just a little frustrated.

Re: A/S sex question?

• Options
    allonsyalonsoallonsyalonso member
    edited August 2014
    Hi ladies! Had my 20 wk scan today and baby is healthy and perfect! I have felt that this one was a boy, mainly because everything has been the exact opposite compared to my pregnancy with DD. We were late to our appt, only by 15 mins. There was terrible rain and traffic was backed up. I tried calling 5 times and got the answering service every time. Anyways, they were annoyed I was late (which I NEVER am) so they rushed me into the US room. The US lady (my tech I loved that I had with DD retired) was REALLY rushing through the whole thing. She got a glimpse of the bottom and said hm looks pretty smooth I think you've got a girl and continued on with the scan. She did the same thing one other time and then it was over. With my DD my tech got inbetween the legs and was determined to get a for sure look, and got pics with obvious lady parts. This gal never even tried to get a legit peek other than looking from the bottom and I'm a bit annoyed. We really were hoping for a boy, but we are totally okay having another girl I just wish I had more concrete proof that she's a little girl. My DH keeps saying she's a professional and probably wouldn't say if she wasn't sure, I just wish she hadnt of rushed so I would feel more confident. Have any of you had this happen and then come to find out differently or the same? Sorry for the long story, just a little frustrated.
    Okay. I'm sorry you are frustrated.

Most places make you reschedule your appointment entirely if you are more than 10 minutes late, so it was nice of them to take you anyways.

I'm also sorry you didn't get the definitive answer you were looking for and that the answer you got wasn't the one you were looking for. However, if they rushed over the genitalia it's probably because you were pretty late to your appointment and that determining the sex of your baby is not the priority of the anatomy scan.

All pregnancies are different and those differences are not a good indication of the sex of your baby.

ETA: You posted a while ago about getting the Panorama test done. If the sex of the baby was so important to you, why didn't you find out then?
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    You were probably already amped up from being late and already stressed before she even started the scan.

She is the professional and does it all day long, no matter how long she looked she knows what she is looking for. Trust her.

My pregnancy was nothing like my first and I'm having another girl too.

Congrats on your healthy baby. That of course is top priority.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My office makes you reschedule if you are late or don't have a full bladder and needed one. You're lucky they still took you. It was probably rushed so all the appts after yours didn't get pushed back.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I totally get that they rushed because of me being late, I'm not upset about that at all especially because they had enough time to get the important parts of the scan done. Sorry if I made it seem like all I cared about was the sex of the baby, that's not at all what I was getting at. I was thinking of getting the panorama test but after talking about it with DH, we are both only 24, we've had one perfectly healthy baby already and we didn't feel like we needed to pay $500 just to find out the sex a few weeks early. Had we had concerns about genetic testing, especially if we were order, we would have done it. In terms of today's scan I'm thrilled baby is healthy and growing perfectly, I just wish she would have looked further at the sex opposed to just saying well it seems smooth I'm going to say it's a girl. I of course understand she's a professional I just hope that she didn't tell me it was a girl if she wasn't certain. My US guy I had with my DD wouldn't say unless he was sure and could get in there and see - so that was my frustration.
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I totally get that they rushed because of me being late, I'm not upset about that at all especially because they had enough time to get the important parts of the scan done. Sorry if I made it seem like all I cared about was the sex of the baby, that's not at all what I was getting at. I was thinking of getting the panorama test but after talking about it with DH, we are both only 24, we've had one perfectly healthy baby already and we didn't feel like we needed to pay $500 just to find out the sex a few weeks early. Had we had concerns about genetic testing, especially if we were order, we would have done it. In terms of today's scan I'm thrilled baby is healthy and growing perfectly, I just wish she would have looked further at the sex opposed to just saying well it seems smooth I'm going to say it's a girl. I of course understand she's a professional I just hope that she didn't tell me it was a girl if she wasn't certain. My US guy I had with my DD wouldn't say unless he was sure and could get in there and see - so that was my frustration.

If you ate debating what the professional said have you considered going to one of those places that offer an elective ultrasound?

Test
  • Options
    If you're really unsure opt for an elective US it won't be as expensive as the panorama. I did it at 17.5 weeks bc I was going to visit family in Florida for several weeks (book before I found out I was pregnant) and I wouldn't be in state till after the 20 week mark. Plus I wanted to tell my niece and nephews in person. The scan was only about $75, good luck ❤️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"