Breastfeeding

AF only 4 weeks PP and pumping??

I am feeling really, really crampy and PMS'd. My lochia has been pretty minimal for the past 5 days or so, with just some spotting here and there... I'm kind of getting the feeling that AF will be here by Saturday, when I will be exactly one month postpartum.

I thought breastfeeding was supposed to keep you from getting AF this early on? Anyone else get their period this soon while BFing and/or EPing?? What a ripoff, LOL!

Re: AF only 4 weeks PP and pumping??

• everyone's different. sorry if you end up not being one of the lucky ones to avoid AF for a while.
  • my lochia stopped at 6wks pp, AF came today at 8wks pp. sucks Sad
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be!!  I actually thought mine was coming around 6 or 8 weeks pp but it didn't, and since my daughter was 7 months, I swear AF is on her way but thus far, she's been a no-show.  So, maybe you aren't getting it,  maybe you're just crampy from having given birth and PMS-y from your hormones still be all over the place.
  • I thought AF was showing for me at 6 weeks pp but it was just more pp bleeding and she hasn't shown for me yet and I exclusively pump. ?Hopefully this isn't AF for you. ?I have thought she's been on her way a few times but so far so good.
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm right there with ya! I bled for about 2 weeks pp and then 2 weeks later I had a distinct period. I thought I was crazy. Sure enough, I've gotten my period every month like clockwork. The dip in supply sucks, but I'm hoping it doesn't affect my ability to BF long-term.
  • I'm in the same boat.  My lochia stopped around 5 weeks and I was 8 weeks yesterday. For the last 2 days I've felt very PMSy and I even had a touch os spotting. Ntohing concrete yet though.  With #1 I didn't get AF until 8 months, so this is a big surprise for me.
    Christmas 2009 image
  • Pumping is not quite as effective at delaying AF, from what I've heard.  However, some people just aren't as affected by lactation, period- I got AF back at 6 weeks postpartum, and regularly as clockwork after that (until I got pregnant again!) :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"