Multiples
Options

When do you register at hospital?

I am only 14 weeks so registering at the hospital never crossed my mind... I always assumed it was like at 24 or 28 weeks.   I wanted to sign up for a classes at my hospital for breastfeeding, baby cpr etc.. and the lady on the phone said " oh well you need to register first and we recommend you take the class at 30-34 weeks.... ummm yeah I think 30-34 weeks with a multiple pregnancy is too late!

So when do you register at the hospital? 
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: When do you register at hospital?

• Options
    With my first, my OB office gave me the pre-register paperwork around 30 weeks. I suspect they will do the same. You might be able to contact the hospitals admission desk and ask for registration paperwork.
  • Options
    My OB gave me all the info at about 16 weeks I think or a little before and told me to just do it and get it over with, so I did it pretty early. That way it was done and out of the way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my singleton, I registered around 28 weeks. I expected to register earlier, but the ob's nurse told me not to call until my 28 week appointment. But when I called the hospital, they were aghast that I hadn't called earlier with a multiple pregnancy. They were pretty booked and couldn't get me in until 30 weeks.
  • Options
    My OB gave me the paperwork at my 12 week appointment just to get it out of the way. The only reason I haven't don't it yet is that our insurance is changing and I don't want to have to go back and fix it later. As for classes, we did ours pretty early with our singleton.... I think at about 20 weeks. Our class was also an all day, one shot sort of thing instead of a shorter weekly one. I don't think I am going to bother this time around with classes.... they can't tell me anything I don't already know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't take any classes w the twins. Just hospital tour since it wasn't where I delivered my singleton. Did that early bc I was undecided between 2 hospitals, like 18-19w.

I had some complications at 32w and spent a weekend in the hospital, so I registered then by virtue of being admitted. Babies arrived at 34w.

• Options
    I just registered a couple weeks ago at 28w, mainly because I had to go to L&D anyways for my rhogam shot. I don't think it hurts to do it early, just saves time later. I'd definitely do classes before 30 weeks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options
    I got the paperwork, but they said I didn't need to register till 7 months. I am debating on sending it in. My insurance will switch just before 8 months. If it wasn't for that I would probably do it shortly. The hospital is having a baby fair with several classes and tours and I might turn it in then just in case or at least ask what the think.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    My doc has us register around viability date, so 24ish weeks. If your classes are at the hospital, they may require this. It was really just one piece of paper for me, so no big deal. But, I do see a doc inside the hospital I will give birth at. Not sure if that matters.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I registered at 28 weeks.  Aaaaaaand I made my first trip to L&D at 29w2d.

We took our classes around 26 weeks.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    I was told to bump time frames up 4 weeks for twins, so you could do bf classes at 26- 30 weeks in that case :-) And I guess you can register whenever....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling really behind now!  My doc hasn't said anything about registering (I'm 26 weeks) and just brought up classes at my visit last week.  So I'm taking a 4 week childbirth series class the month of September and a breastfeeding class in the middle of Sept.  Hope these babies stay put!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"