Pregnant after 35
Options

TTC supplements

Good morning!! I am new here, it's my first post...YAY!! :) a little about me before I get to my question...I'm 35 (DH - 31) and we have even TTC for 2 1/2 yrs. we have been tested for everything under the sun and there is nothing wrong. Unexplained infertility is frustrating to say the least. we have done clomid and femara, 5 total iui's. I had a chemical pregnancy with the first IUI (feb 2013). And I did get pregnant at the age of 18, and chose to not keep it (please don't judge). So I KNOW I can do this. This last dr we saw had us do 3 consecutive iui's (femara assisted). I am currently 4dpo after our 3rd and final IUI.

Since we started this IUI process 3 months ago, I've followed the "AngelBumps Protocol" supplement formula (Fertility Friend UK) to a T!!

My question is, has anyone else done this? Or taken particular vitamins and supplements to assist in a BFP?? My hopes are high on this attempt and any reassurance would be helpful!! Thank you ;)

Re: TTC supplements

• Options
    2redtulips2redtulips member
    edited July 2014
    We started working with an RE last summer, and she put both of us on a cocktail of supplements. She also had me start acupuncture, a low-gluten diet, zero caffeine (not even decaf) and a regimen of baby aspirin (because my diagnostic doppler showed inhibited uterine blood flow). 

I credit my BFP to one or all of those changes (it's hard to say which one because I started them all at the same time). My BFP came two weeks before we were supposed to have our first round of IUI, and we had been told we had a 2 percent chance of conceiving naturally, so it was an incredible surprise. 

Good luck to you!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Here are my 2 cents..

DH and I both went on a Paleo diet a year and half before TTC (Primal Blueprint specifically) for other reasons.  It is a micronutrient rich diet that is also gluten-free and refined-carbs-free.  For a year or more before TTC, I was also on the following supplements: Magnesium, Vit C, B Complex, Krill Oil, N-Acetylcystein, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vit D3 and probiotics.  DH was on a different but similarly elaborate cocktail of supplements.  As my health improved, I tapered down on the supplements and am now only taking Krill Oil, probiotics and Vit D3 on days I don't get sunlight.  About 6 months before TTC I removed all dairy from my diet (there are lots of female hormones in dairy products, even organic).  My cycle went from being 34 days to 30.  To help my hormones reach homeostasis again, I experimented with Dong Quai and Raspberry Leaf tea but they made me feel off so I stopped.  I was not strict with caffeine; allowing myself a cup of coffee a day.  I also started taking exercise more seriously 2 months before TTC.

I got pregnant on our second cycle TTC and I think we botched the timing on the first cycle.  As the PP said, it is hard to say what if any of those things helped.  I definitely think that micronutrients are very important, not to mention luck!

Good luck to you and I hope you can join us on this board soon :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took prenatals, extra folic acid, fish oil, royal jelly and CoQ10 along with medicine for my thyroid. And... put hubby on a vitamin to improve his sperm, which barely passed the HALO test.... we also used soft cups to hold sperm in and temp and opk. RE had said 2% chance without ivf, but we went with another doc and had 2 cycles Clomid and bfp.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"